Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2020 Recruits

SD Attack ‏@sdattack
    Congrats to Lennox freshmen Madysen Vlastuin on receiving her first scholarship offer from SDSU!

6' forward

NDSU has also offered.

Re: 2020 Recruits

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
    SD Attack ‏@sdattack
    Congrats to Lennox freshmen Madysen Vlastuin on receiving her first scholarship offer from SDSU!

6' forward

NDSU has also offered.
    I'm assuming a relationship to Jared? He was a hell of an athlete and ended up at SDSU, though for track.
    Originally posted by JackFan96
    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Not sure which year's recruiting to put this in, but AJ tweeted tonight that its another great day to be a Jackrabbit.

Comment

https://twitter.com/MeganWalstad/sta...20915676147712

Sydney Stapleton from Circle Pines, Minnesota. Centennial High School. Class of 2018

http://www.maxpreps.com/athlete/sydn...ball-stats.htm
        Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

I am blessed & excited to announce that I will be continuing my education & basketball career at South Dakota State University! #gojacks

4:46 PM - 27 Sep 2017

Comment

4 verbals from 2020 Freshman - seems way early for HS sophomores - if a Power Five school calls when Junior Year contact is allowed, will the kid say, "No Thanks?" Historically, does SDSU hold onto these early verbals?

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaLee View Post
              4 verbals from 2020 Freshman - seems way early for HS sophomores - if a Power Five school calls when Junior Year contact is allowed, will the kid say, "No Thanks?" Historically, does SDSU hold onto these early verbals?
              I can not think of any of AJ's recruits that have not honored an early commit.

Comment

Two verbals for 2020.. Right? Madsen Vlastuin and Emily Herzberg?

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                  I can not think of any of AJ's recruits that have not honored an early commit.
                  I'm also only aware of 2 verbals for 2020 - the ones listed above. And I also can't think of any verbals that didn't end up at SDSU for WBB. Closest I can recall to that was Alexis Yackley who hadn't verballed but seemed close then Purdue came calling and she went there instead. Something about her HS coach sending her video out late in the process and it worked.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                    I'm also only aware of 2 verbals for 2020 - the ones listed above. And I also can't think of any verbals that didn't end up at SDSU for WBB. Closest I can recall to that was Alexis Yackley who hadn't verballed but seemed close then Purdue came calling and she went there instead. Something about her HS coach sending her video out late in the process and it worked.
                    I think it was Ostrello? And I thought she had given her verbal. until purdont snuck in at the 11th hour.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
                      Right area of the state, wrong player. Sam Ostarello is the one you are thinking of.

Comment

Yackley went to Drake for awhile,transferred and finished at USD ,Ostarello committed to SDSU and went to Purdue for 4 yrs...she was into becoming a Physician or something and academics at Purdue played a big role in her switching and committing to Purdue.She said it was very hard to have to call AJ and tell him she changed her mind and committed to Purdue.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                          Yackley went to Drake for awhile,transferred and finished at USD ,Ostarello committed to SDSU and went to Purdue for 4 yrs...she was into becoming a Physician or something and academics at Purdue played a big role in her switching and committing to Purdue.She said it was very hard to have to call AJ and tell him she changed her mind and committed to Purdue.
                          Couple things, Yackley went to Iowa State before finishing at USD. Pretty sure Ostarello never committed to SDSU but many thought she was going to be coming to Brookings. She committed to Purdue after her sophomore year.

Comment

Yes, it was Ostrello I was thinking of - thanks for the correction. I don't recall her verbal to SDSU and then not honoring it. I doubt that info is out there anywhere other than the archives of this board. Regardless....it is a good bet our 2020 verbals will end up in Brookings. AJ has always done a very good job of recruiting regional talent and getting them to commit early.

Comment

Originally posted by mango4 View Post
                              Couple things, Yackley went to Iowa State before finishing at USD. Pretty sure Ostarello never committed to SDSU but many thought she was going to be coming to Brookings. She committed to Purdue after her sophomore year.
                              Yes ,looked it up now,it wasn't Yackley but Amber Wollschlager from Milbank,went to Drake...Yackley to ISU. You are correct,seems like a long time ago now.

Comment

Working...
                              X