Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sell sticking around

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Sell sticking around

    https://gojacks.com/news/2019/7/23/g...extension.aspx
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

  • #2
    Re: Sell sticking around

    This is huge. As we know, it doesn't necessarily mean he'll be here forever, or even the 5 years he signed for... but at the least it upped his pay (which he completely deserved) and made him think less about leaving for the time being. Until a really big dog comes barking at least.

    Comment


    • #3
      Sell sticking around

      This is awesome. Anyone seen/know how much of a bump he got in pay? He deserves a damn good one IMO.


      Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      Remember Gun Saftey-Treat Every Hunter as if he were Loaded

      Comment


      • #4
        Re: Sell sticking around

        You can go to this site and find the salary of any employee of the State of South Dakota just by entering their name.

        https://open.sd.gov/employees.aspx

        Comment


        • #5
          Re: Sell sticking around

          Originally posted by thumper_76 View Post
          This is awesome. Anyone seen/know how much of a bump he got in pay? He deserves a damn good one IMO.


          Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          Shows 276,750 per year now. Not sure if that's updated or not. Assuming it is. Probably enough to keep G5 schools from poaching him. Not enough to keep P5 schools away though.

          Comment


          • #6
            Re: Sell sticking around

            Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
            Shows 276,750 per year now. Not sure if that's updated or not. Assuming it is. Probably enough to keep G5 schools from poaching him. Not enough to keep P5 schools away though.
            Good to get him locked in, I'm curious if the contract has a buyout like the coaches? Also wonder how long it'll be before USeD does the same with Herbster. Dave can't be happy knowing Sell is pulling in over $100k more than him.

            Comment


            • #7
              Re: Sell sticking around

              Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
              Shows 276,750 per year now. Not sure if that's updated or not. Assuming it is. Probably enough to keep G5 schools from poaching him. Not enough to keep P5 schools away though.
              I don't know for sure, but I think there are plenty of P5 AD's making seven figures, so if one of the big boys wants him, and money's the only issue, they'll still get him. 2013 average FBS salary for AD's was $515,000, according to:

              https://work.chron.com/much-money-at...ake-30835.html
              "I think we'll be OK"

              Comment


              • #8
                Re: Sell sticking around

                Originally posted by filbert View Post
                I don't know for sure, but I think there are plenty of P5 AD's making seven figures, so if one of the big boys wants him, and money's the only issue, they'll still get him. 2013 average FBS salary for AD's was $515,000, according to:

                https://work.chron.com/much-money-at...ake-30835.html
                Definitely. P5 comes calling and he's gone I would guess. Here's 2018 data for FBS ADs along with some summary graphs:
                http://sportsinfo.pro/AthleticDirector2018.html
                http://footballscoop.com/news/the-hi...ack-swarbrick/

                Comment


                • #9
                  Re: Sell sticking around

                  T
                  Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
                  Good to get him locked in, I'm curious if the contract has a buyout like the coaches? Also wonder how long it'll be before USeD does the same with Herbster. Dave can't be happy knowing Sell is pulling in over $100k more than him.
                  That is good money for SD. I would be surprised if there was no buyout clause.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Re: Sell sticking around

                    Originally posted by filbert View Post
                    I don't know for sure, but I think there are plenty of P5 AD's making seven figures, so if one of the big boys wants him, and money's the only issue, they'll still get him. 2013 average FBS salary for AD's was $515,000, according to:

                    https://work.chron.com/much-money-at...ake-30835.html
                    I cannot find a publish date, but since it mentions 2019, it is sometime this year. What surprised me was 2013 salary for Trev Albert. I am sure he has gotten additional raises but suspect he still earns less than Sell. Seems to me how many sports that the AD has manage would be a big factor in the salary earned.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Re: Sell sticking around

                      Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
                      I cannot find a publish date, but since it mentions 2019, it is sometime this year. What surprised me was 2013 salary for Trev Albert. I am sure he has gotten additional raises but suspect he still earns less than Sell. Seems to me how many sports that the AD has manage would be a big factor in the salary earned.
                      I would guess the size of the budget as well would be a factor.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.Ē Arnold Palmer

                      Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Re: Sell sticking around

                        Originally posted by filbert View Post
                        I don't know for sure, but I think there are plenty of P5 AD's making seven figures, so if one of the big boys wants him, and money's the only issue, they'll still get him. 2013 average FBS salary for AD's was $515,000, according to:

                        https://work.chron.com/much-money-at...ake-30835.html
                        Gene Taylor left NDSU to be an associate AD at Iowa because he knew the jump from NDSU to the P5 wasnít going to happen without slightly moving up. I have no idea on Sellís aspirations or future but heíll likely need to make another move before heíd reach the P5. As many know, it worked out for Gene Taylor as heís now the AD at Kansas State and of course hired Chris Klieman away from NDSU.
                        Disclaimer: This post may contain assumptions and/or opinions related to Jackrabbit Athletics.

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Re: Sell sticking around

                          You guys have a very good AD. If youíre administration takes care of him and he really likes SDSU I can see him being there several more years. Your coaches trust and like him, thatís important.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          X