X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two Jacks earn Soccer Buzz honors

01/06/2005
    Two Jacks earn Soccer Buzz honors
    South Dakota State University women's soccer players Molly Scharfenkamp and Kelsey Worcester have earned spots on a year-end all-national team selected by Soccer Buzz.com.

Scharfenkamp, a senior defender, and Worcester, a freshman forward, were selected to 13-player First-Year Division I Program All-National Team. The team was selected from the eight schools which played women's soccer at the NCAA Division I level for the first time during the 2004 season.

A native of Omaha, Neb., Scharfenkamp helped anchor a Jackrabbit back line that compiled a 1.57 team goals against average. She also assisted on two SDSU goals this past season.

Worcester, a native of Anamosa, Iowa, set the SDSU freshman goals record with nine, including three game-winners. An all-independent selection, she finished second in Soccer Buzz's first-year Division I player of the year voting behind Kennesaw State (Ga.) sophomore Laura Tucker.

SDSU, coached by Lang Wedemeyer, finished its first season at the Division I level with a 5-11-1 record.

http://www3.sdstate.edu/Athletics/Ne...cfm?Id=46,4012

Molly Scharfenkamp is #5 and #12 Alissa Bernth
Working...
X