• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SDSU's agriculture museum under new leadership

Posted on Sun, Jan. 22, 2006
    SDSU's agriculture museum under new leadership
    Associated Press

http://www.aberdeennews.com/mld/aber...s/13687036.htm

BROOKINGS, S.D. - A new director has been selected for the State Agricultural Heritage Museum at South Dakota State University, the school said in a release.

Mac R. Harris has been hired to run the museum, which is dedicated to the preservation and the interpretation of objects related to South Dakota agricultural history and rural heritage from 1860 to the present.

Harris has been the director of the New Mexico Farm and Ranch Heritage Museum in Las Cruces, N.M., since 1999. From 1995 to 1999, he was executive director of the Cherokee National Historical Society in Tahlequah, Okla.

"Mac has a wealth of knowledge in the museum field and the initiative to move the State Agricultural Heritage Museum in new and exciting directions," said Mike Reger, executive vice president for Administration.

Harris said he wants the ag museum to become a more recognized institution throughout the region. Plus, he said he wants to beef up the ranching industry's presence.

"I know the museum has a good reputation, and a hardworking staff," he said. "They've done a wonderful job restoring the old farm equipment. I'd like to get a stronger presence of the ranching story and the western part of the state. I think it's an important part of the story of South Dakota."
    We...ARE...STATE!
    SOUTH...DAKOTA...STATE!!
Working...
X