Division I Athletic Certification

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Division I Athletic Certification

SDSU is currently working on the self study for Division I Certification.  You may remember the press release from last fall.  This is really the final step in reclassification for the Athletics programs.  All Division I programs must complete an NCAA certification program every 10 years.  Transitions school do the self study during the next to last year of the transition and submits a report to the NCAA that spring. The report is reviewed by the NCAA over the sumer and an NCAA team consisting of administrators from other institutions, both Unversity and athletic, makes a site visit in the fall of the last year (next fall for us). The NCAA then acts on the certification during the following spring, probably February of 2008.  

Part of the process is having open forums to report on the process/progress and to receive input from the public.  The news release below announces the first of the open forums.  If you are interested in the more formal process associated with reclassification, and compliance, goverance and student welfare issues, you might find the meeting interesting.

http://www3.sdstate.edu/Athletics/Ca...mp;PassID=7548
Working...
X