2023-24 lineup

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

125: Jordan / Meredith (edge Jordan)
    133: Tagg / Cardinal (edge Tagg, Roark could also do well here)
    141: Carlson
    149: Kimball / Martin (edge Kimball, Dupill might also have a shot)
    157: Swenson
    165: Cook / Thomson (edge Cook, but I'd love to see them split time)
    174: DeVos
    184: Berge / Rogotzke (edge Berge, but I think they both see matches)
    197: Sloan
    285: McConnville / Rassmussen (edge McConnville)

I think that we can find eight to ten wrestlers in this group who are capible of qualifying for nationals, and I think this is a 2-4 All American line-up. Our weights ordered from strongest to weakest next year as I see them are: 197, 141, 174, 157, 184, 125, 133, 149, 285. If we're going to bring in a transfer, it should probably be at 285, 149, or 133. We also have good recruits at those weights, so they could make an impact.

Comment

Hear there is some hard core tampering going on with Sloan. I guess this is the new reality in college athletics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by salemjack View Post
        AJ Ferrari’s little brother committed to Iowa today. He projects at 157. Rumors that AJ’s legal stuff is about to clear up and he will follow to Iowa City. On a positive note now Penn State has a real challenger and Iowa won’t try to steal Sloan, on the down side Sloan’s dream of becoming an NCAA champ just got a prominent hurdle.
        AJ Ferrari is the poster child for unlikeable human.

Comment

So Seth Nevills is in the transfer portal.

Comment

I mean it’s an upgrade if we bring him in. But we can’t get mad when kids transfer out if we are willing to bring in kids at the drop of a dime to replace them.

Comment

Speaking of transfers I noticed that Rogotzke is listed as transferring out. Flow updated their transfer roster.

Comment

Originally posted by Northernjackrabbit View Post
                Speaking of transfers I noticed that Rogotzke is listed as transferring out. Flow updated their transfer roster.
                I’m going to guess he knew he had no shot at getting around Berge. Best of luck to him.

Comment

I mean it’s an upgrade if we bring him in. But we can’t get mad when kids transfer out if we are willing to bring in kids at the drop of a dime to replace them.
                  Seth would be what, a one year transfer? And yes, wrestlers will transfer out sometimes because SDSU isn’t Penn state nor has Penn state’s money
                  "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by stchrist View Post
                    So Seth Nevills is in the transfer portal.
                    Not surprised. Surprised he didn’t transfer before this year. FWIW, I heard the rumor of Seth possibly transferring here over a month ago
                    "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

Originally posted by witness View Post

Seth would be what, a one year transfer? And yes, wrestlers will transfer out sometimes because SDSU isn’t Penn state nor has Penn state’s money
                      Yeah it seems like we have a guy like McConville who could be a national qualifier and he also has one year left so essentially screwing him out of having a chance to make his run. It is what it is but it could come back to bite us someday. You can’t be mad if someone like Sloan went to Iowa for his last year when we bring in a guy like Nevills

Comment

Yeah it seems like we have a guy like McConville who could be a national qualifier and he also has one year left so essentially screwing him out of having a chance to make his run. It is what it is but it could come back to bite us someday. You can’t be mad if someone like Sloan went to Iowa for his last year when we bring in a guy like Nevills
                        I do understand where you are coming from with Bowen. Good thing we have coaches to make these decisions. To be fair you can't compare someone coming in and taking a spot to Sloan leaving. Nevills doesn't have a spot where he is so he is in the portal. Sloan has a spot and is not in danger of losing it.

I do agree with how things are with the transfer portal and college sports, it will for sure come back to haunt us in some sports.

Wrestling is a little different because it comes down to individual performances to determine where the team finishes at nationals. Can we be top ten if we upgraded the weight class? I'm confident the coaches will make the right decision and although there will be people on both sides of the fence, they have all the knowledge to make the right choice. These are good discussions to have and ones we couldn't have a few years ago.

Comment

I do understand where you are coming from with Bowen. Good thing we have coaches to make these decisions. To be fair you can't compare someone coming in and taking a spot to Sloan leaving. Nevills doesn't have a spot where he is so he is in the portal. Sloan has a spot and is not in danger of losing it.

I do agree with how things are with the transfer portal and college sports, it will for sure come back to haunt us in some sports.

Wrestling is a little different because it comes down to individual performances to determine where the team finishes at nationals. Can we be top ten if we upgraded the weight class? I'm confident the coaches will make the right decision and although there will be people on both sides of the fence, they have all the knowledge to make the right choice. These are good discussions to have and ones we couldn't have a few years ago.
                          Agreed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Northernjackrabbit View Post
                            I do not see his name on Flow transfer roster. Are you certain of this?

Comment

Originally posted by opinionsaremyown View Post

I do not see his name on Flow transfer roster. Are you certain of this?
                              He is out there on flow. As of March 10h.

Comment

He is out there on flow. As of March 10h.
                                That is too bad. He showed real promise as a true freshman this year.

Comment

Working...
                                X