The Takedown a Wrestling podcst from splitting hares

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Takedown a Wrestling podcst from splitting hares

Introducing "The Takedown" a Jackrabbit Wrestling podcast from splitting hares on Jackrabbit illustrated.

Can be found on any Place you get your podcasts. Or follow the link below:

https://twitter.com/JackIllustrated/...91307669499909

Thanks,

~SloSHO

This is exciting! Can’t wait to see where this goes. What a great way to support and promote Jackrabbit Wrestling. I am all ears (pun intended).

Comment

It's good to see something being done in this sphere. If you're looking for questions of potential topics to cover. I could see this thread being a good vehicle for that. If I could offer a suggestions, it would be to keep a laptop at hand and keep wrestlestat.com and maybe a ranking site open. You can't really expect yourselves to keep all of this stuff in your memory banks but having resources available will help you catch some little factual mistakes. Listening to flowrestling radio live can also help you keep up on some of those more obscure wrestlers that are hard to know much about.

Comment

Originally posted by TheWombat View Post
        It's good to see something being done in this sphere. If you're looking for questions of potential topics to cover. I could see this thread being a good vehicle for that. If I could offer a suggestions, it would be to keep a laptop at hand and keep wrestlestat.com and maybe a ranking site open. You can't really expect yourselves to keep all of this stuff in your memory banks but having resources available will help you catch some little factual mistakes. Listening to flowrestling radio live can also help you keep up on some of those more obscure wrestlers that are hard to know much about.
        Thanks for the Suggestions
        (I'd ask that anybody keep things positive on the open forum, I'll take anything you want to Trow at me through PM)

We do Pre-Show Research and are still feeling out who will be speaking when. We don't want it to become us just reading off our outline of topic and Information.
        (I Should say "I" not "We" but I'm sure stchrist would agree.)

The Info in the first post for the Okie St. Thread was Directly from my outline.
        (in this case I used what OK St. had on their Website for Rankings as it was easiest to find and I did it last night after I got home from Brookings)

As I stated on "The pod" I was using Intermat for the Rankings last week. I did have somebody give me some info that ties back to Wrestlestat.com his #realrankings which we may reference in future episodes.

Anyway We plan on Interviews and items that will give information on the program and wrestlers that one might not get otherwise.

For instance we have a plan in place to interview Up and coming wrestler Cade DeVos and His Father This week, Hopefully we can get the Episode together Wed.

It's still a Work in Progress but I Hope this helps.

#GetJacked

Comment

Originally posted by TheWombat View Post
          Also, THANKS for Listening. you can also @Me on Twitter slosho with anything regarding the pod.

Comment

2nd Episode of "The TakeDown" is live now https://anchor.fm/jackrabbit-illstrtd in this episode we interview current Jackrabbit wrestler Cade DeVos and his father Jeremiah as well as cover last weeks dual and the upcoming matches @ Oklahoma State. Give it a listen Thanks in advance!

Comment

Great job on the podcast

Comment

Originally posted by bennymj171 View Post
                Great job on the podcast
                Thank you for the compliment!
                I promise I'll have a better headset situation for next week! (Had to run on my phone this week due to the interviews)
                I hope that Y'all stick with us as we continue to work on improving the pod.

Comment

Awesome to see a SDSU focused wrestling podcast. I have a fun time listening to it for sure
                  "This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time." -Tyler Durden

Comment

You’ve got me hooked. Keep the episodes coming.

Comment

I just wanted to let everyone know that our guest next week will be Garretson Blue Dragon and SDSU Alum Tyler Sorenson. If you have any questions for Tyler, PM myself or slosho.

Comment

New pod episode 3 is up!

In this episode we have an interview with Tyler Sorenson and cover the upcoming duals.

Give it a listen!
                        https://anchor.fm/jackrabbit-illstrt...orenson-eaq8g4

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
                        Last edited by slosho; 02-19-2020, 10:04 PM.

Comment

Hey Guys,

Go another great listen for you with the 4th installment of "TheTakedown" Give it a listen
                          https://twitter.com/SloSHO/status/1230339346290618368 Availble through my Twitter or wherever you get your podcasts.

Also Anchor Link here: https://anchor.fm/jackrabbit-illstrt...orensen-eauq04

Comment

On this episode we interview head coach Damian Hahn. What a great Episode, Enjoy!
                            https://anchor.fm/jackrabbit-illstrt...ng-Pt-2-edgui4

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
                              On this episode we interview head coach Damian Hahn. What a great Episode, Enjoy!
                              https://anchor.fm/jackrabbit-illstrt...ng-Pt-2-edgui4

In a world were the vast majority of coaches play things so close to the vest, it's really cool that Hahn is such an open book about everything. I've never seen his refuse to answer or dodge a question. Some key takeaways:

1. They're pursuing a few medical redshirts, Zach Carlson being one of them. Hopefully Mueller is another one.
                              2. They're taking Tanner Jordan off of grayshirt for next year and putting someone else on it (I'm guessing Jack Thomsen)
                              3. They're hoping for Casperson to go 184 next year though he acknowledged his injury problems and a need to manage them.
                              4. They have some of the funding in place for the new facility but there is concern that the COVID-19 response could effect it's trajectory.
                              5. They do attempt to recruit South Dakota wrestlers but some of them don't fit due to personality and other factors. There's still a push to recruit them.
                              6. They do have a roster cap that they have to stay under though it must be pretty high as they've had more than forty wrestlers a few times in the past five years.

Comment

Working...
                              X