• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackedforlife
    replied
    Re: New head coach

Originally posted by Rabbitball View Post
    Probably waiting to announce. SDSU HR slows the process waaaaay down
    While I'd love to jump on the bash HR bandwagon(and WSR would know from experience...) I believe there is also the issue with the new coach fulfilling other obligations and then telling his people. From what I've heard it will definitely be worth the wait. MBB just brought on their new guy. Those interviews didn't start until after Hahn said they had a new guy but needed to wait to announce.

Leave a comment:

• AmberValley
    replied

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
    waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy down.

Way on down where the music plays.... https://youtu.be/Sy16VUmzj-g

Leave a comment:

• WestSideRabbit
    replied

Originally posted by Rabbitball View Post
    waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy down.

Leave a comment:

• Rabbitball
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Jackedforlife
    replied

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
    Kind of quiet on the assistant coach front.
    I was hoping we'd have an announcement in the last week or so. I do believe along with Caldwell they have someone hired but need to wait to announce, they are still interviewing for a lightweight guy as far as I know. Hopefully we hear something in the next week or so.

Leave a comment:

• JACKGUYII
    replied

Kind of quiet on the assistant coach front.

Leave a comment:

• MontanaRabbit
    replied

Still no word on assistant coaches?

Leave a comment:

• BTownJack
    replied

It might be easier to follow sports like wrestling in the near future. I fear mid-major college basketball will be ruined if this transfer rule goes forward.
    Lots of things need to be ironed out before a decision is made on changing the transfer rules.

Leave a comment:

• JACKGUYII
    replied

It might be easier to follow sports like wrestling in the near future. I fear mid-major college basketball will be ruined if this transfer rule goes forward.

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied

Originally posted by Jackedforlife View Post
    So exciting, so pumped to have him here. Love his outlook and drive. Sidenote, asst coach...sounds like beside Cody he has another set but not ready to announce. Then he still wants to add a lightweight guy. So now the staff will be at 4 plus it sounds like if Luke gets in to Grad school he may stay on as GA. Things keep getting better and better, I would think the lightweight assistant would be highly desirable.
    It was encouraging that Hahn mentioned only two current wrestlers, and one of them was Connor Brown. Hopefully that's a good sign that he may stick around.

Leave a comment:

• Jackedforlife
    replied

Originally posted by witness View Post
    New interview with Damion Hahn. Starts at around the 25 minute mark

http://www.mattalkonline.com/podcast...n-hahn-otm521/
    So exciting, so pumped to have him here. Love his outlook and drive. Sidenote, asst coach...sounds like beside Cody he has another set but not ready to announce. Then he still wants to add a lightweight guy. So now the staff will be at 4 plus it sounds like if Luke gets in to Grad school he may stay on as GA. Things keep getting better and better, I would think the lightweight assistant would be highly desirable.

Leave a comment:

• witness
    replied

New interview with Damion Hahn. Starts at around the 25 minute mark

http://www.mattalkonline.com/podcast...n-hahn-otm521/

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied

Based on the interview with Hahn he hoped to announce the other assistant by end of this week.
    Are the Jacks going to add an assistant ? Listened to the interview, and after Hahn said that Caldwell was staying on, he said that left two open positions. Or is one of those a grad assistant ?

Leave a comment:

• JACKGUYII
    replied

Based on the interview with Hahn he hoped to announce the other assistant by end of this week.

Leave a comment:

• Jackedforlife
    replied

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
    How about our 125-pounder, Connor Brown? Sure would be nice if he stuck around.
    That's kind of the wild card I guess. It depends on who is brought in to work with the lightweights as a coach, what(if any) scholarship money is available anywhere else(example, I heard out of state tuition at WI is around $35k/yr) and where he wants to be after a lot of this has had a chance to sink in.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X