Jenn Warkenthien

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jenn Warkenthien

I'm sure there are going to be plenty of things said about Jenn over the next few weeks so I thought I would give her a thread to put it all in one place.

I don't know if anyone had seen this or if it was posted here but I saw this in Graham Hays article on the top 15 players in the country here

The wild card

Jennifer Warkenthien, South Dakota State: I was, if not stunned, then significantly surprised when Warkenthien didn't show up on the midseason top 30 list for the Naismith Trophy that made the rounds Wednesday. She's the best player on one of the best stories of the season, a Jackrabbits team that knocked off potential NCAA tournament teams Utah, Minnesota, Gonzaga and Montana early in the season and gave Maryland a tough fight in Cancun. She's also only playing 26.2 minutes per game for a team beating opponents by an average of more than 18 points a game. Project her numbers over 40 minutes and you get averages of: 23.3 points, 13.2 rebounds and 3.4 assists, with 39 percent shooting behind the arc.
    Just for comparison, Maya Moore's averages per 40 minutes are: 25.5 points, 12.4 rebounds and 4.7 assists.
    Lest anyone seek to have me committed, Warkenthien isn't Moore. But I'd suggest she's one of the top 30 players. In fact, as this suggests, I'd say she's one of the top 15.
    "The purpose of life is not to be happy - but to matter, to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all."
    -Leo Rosten
Working...
X