Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2011 Recruits

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
    Rachel Walters,jacks recruit,is having a good Dakota Showcase tournement after pool play.She's leading in the category's "most pts scored by an individual in a single game" at 32.
    Rachel's 2nd,although she's played one less game than the leader Peoples who has 12 (Rachel has 11 in 3 games) in the category "most 3 pts. made by individual in the tournement.
    Pre- tourney record 25 set by Deb Remmerde.
    Tied with Peoples (again, played one less game ) at 68 each for "most points scored by an individual in the tournement".
    "Average 3 pts made by an individual for the tournement",she leads at 3.67 per game.
    She leads in "Avg pts scored by an individual in the tournement" scoring at a 22.67 ppg.Deb Remmerde has the pre-tourney record at 28ppg.
    Sounds like what we all have come to expect. To bad we can't see in numbers how good her defense might be.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

I have seen her play many times. She is very solid on the defensive end. The entire staff at Washington makes sure of that! IMO, there is no better group of coaches for girls in the state than what you will find together on that bench.

Comment

Originally posted by MikeHenriksen View Post
        I have seen her play many times. She is very solid on the defensive end. The entire staff at Washington makes sure of that! IMO, there is no better group of coaches for girls in the state than what you will find together on that bench.
        I know WHS sometimes would have to win close games if the offense is not as effective so I had to assume some D was a factor. I watched WHS when Eide was a senior and Walters was a soph I believe. I was very impressed with what she could do. After the game I thought that she was a legit player but then I thought, dang, Why did I not focus on the defensive side of things.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

The Miss Basketball Showcase Tournament is down to the last eight teams in the Championship bracket,two of them are from S. Dak, Northern Lites and Sioux Falls Warriors .All five teams from S. Dak. have played well,individual players who've had a good tournament,Stotesbery,Walters,Ulmer from Canton,Riley Nordgaard,Heide Hoff from Brandon,and I'm sure I've missed others.I've included a link for those who want to follow along as the tournament concludes today (Sun.)

http://missbasketball.com/girls/as/s...tatleaders.htm
          Last edited by jackdaniel; 07-11-2010, 12:06 AM.

Comment

I read on the Argus Leader article regarding the schedule that A.J. is in Cincinatti recruiting. Any thoughts on this? I think it's excellent that he is expanding his recruiting coverage. In the past, many posters seemed content with the program staying in the Dakota-Minnesota-Iowa region for players. Ohio is as much a recruiting hotbed as any of the bigger states. Some of the all-time greats in women's basketball come from Ohio: Semeka Randall, Tennessee; Tamika Williams, UConn; and Katie Smith, Ohio State. With the SDSU program garnering national attention the past decade, I can definitely see A.J. and crew winning some recruiting battles against the "big dogs".

Comment

Originally posted by SDHoops View Post
              I think it's excellent that he is expanding his recruiting coverage.
              Really doesn't matter to me. There are plenty of Jackrabbits in SD and Minnesota (cf Fraschilla's remarks on women's BB in SD), but as long as they're genuine Jackrabbits and not just wearing the uniform, it doesn't really matter where they're from.
              Last edited by zooropa; 07-16-2010, 09:14 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by SDHoops View Post
                I read on the Argus Leader article regarding the schedule that A.J. is in Cincinatti recruiting. Any thoughts on this? I think it's excellent that he is expanding his recruiting coverage. In the past, many posters seemed content with the program staying in the Dakota-Minnesota-Iowa region for players. Ohio is as much a recruiting hotbed as any of the bigger states. Some of the all-time greats in women's basketball come from Ohio: Semeka Randall, Tennessee; Tamika Williams, UConn; and Katie Smith, Ohio State. With the SDSU program garnering national attention the past decade, I can definitely see A.J. and crew winning some recruiting battles against the "big dogs".
                This is the middle of the summer viewing period. I know Cincinnatti is one city that hosts a large tournament with teams from around the country. I know there are Minnesota teams there. My guess is he's following some of the MN gals there.

Comment

I listened to an interview with AJ on 1230 on the subject. He said that although he was in Cincinnati and other areas, we was mainly watching the same kids who are on traveling teams from SD, Mn, etc. but watching them play different/tougher opponents to see how they handled it. I didn't get the impression the trip represented a real change in recruiting area.

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                    as long as they're genuine Jackrabbits and not just wearing the uniform, it doesn't really matter where they're from.
                    What does this even mean?
                    Originally posted by JackFan96
                    Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

• Re: 2011 Recruits

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post

That as long as they are into the program and school and not just there to play ball and nothing else matters but themselves. Kinda like Chad Ochocinco and Terrell Owens versus the Jackrabbit Womens Basketball team.

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObserver View Post
                        I was wondering the same thing...

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
                          Really doesn't matter to me. There are plenty of Jackrabbits in SD and Minnesota (cf Fraschilla's remarks on women's BB in SD), but as long as they're genuine Jackrabbits and not just wearing the uniform, it doesn't really matter where they're from.
                          I think Zoo is talking about an old old adage that if a school has South Dakota as part of its name, all the athletes should have a SD after their hometown when you view the game program. Maybe an occasional MN is acceptable but no CA or WA or heaven forbid an AZ.

Comment

A genuine Jackrabbit is........i guess it's up to each his own (open to interpretation ).....a genuine Jackrabbit would never intentionally foul.....a genuine Jackrabbit alway's looks for an open team mate before taking a shot themselves.....
                            Last edited by jackdaniel; 07-17-2010, 10:01 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
                              That as long as they are into the program and school and not just there to play ball and nothing else matters but themselves. Kinda like Chad Ochocinco and Terrell Owens versus the Jackrabbit Womens Basketball team.
                              [QUOTE=SturgisJeff;155236]That as long as they are into the program and school and not just there to play ball and nothing else matters but themselves.(this is what i also think a genuine Jackrabbit is )

Comment

Remember Bo Schembechler's line that 'only a Michigan man will coach at Michigan'?

Along those lines....

(BTW: Rich Rodriguez is *not* a Michigan man.)

Comment

Working...
                                X