Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: SDSU v. Valpo, Sunday, 12/16

Originally posted by Nidaros View Post
    I guess I am guilty of getting us a bit off track. There was a reference to a 6-5 record to date and that it was not expected. I cited the 1963 season because the team got off to a slow start in terms of wins and loses. 1bunnies then brought the 1985 that had a similar experience. The point in bringing up these two seasons is that there is a lot of basketball left in the season. So the fact that both are men's seasons does not mean its necessairly off topic. The point is still relevent towards women's basketball. You might start slow but you can finish strong. This could still happen to SDSU women's program. Does this help you out?

Thanks for clarifying the Summit Tourney eligiblity. I did not know we were not eligibie. I think having a strong finish for the women this year is not out of the question. Thats my one and only point. Forgot also, that even NCAA big dance involves money so I can see why the Summit would deny access of transitional members to the Summit tourney.

The one plus that we'll have in our favor, IF the women can't win the Summit, but finish 2nd (let's remember if they do finish 2nd the 1st place team still has to win the conference tournament) is the fact that the WNIT is familiar with SDSU and knows the fans will pack the house if SDSU bids high enough for a home game. And as we found out last year, the WNIT is ALL about the $$(which I don't blame them one bit).

But...there's a lot of season left and the WNIT is a long, cold winter away...AJ is absolutely right, the seniors on this team need to take more of a leadership role and get back to playing Jackrabbit basketball.

Go Jacks!!
    SDSU...Passionate, Relentless, Champions.

Comment

I am thinking at this point if we don't win the conference (not the conference tourney) we won't get an invite to the WNIT. I don't know what our RPI ranking is now but I am sure it has tumbled and we are not high enough in ranking (nor will we be at the end of the season) to get an at large bid based upon our RPI. Still some hope but somehow the team has got to figure out what it will take to not only work hard but get it done.

Comment

I know I'm the only one saying it, but until this team figures out they are not going to win many games shooting a shot that netted them just a 20% clip. And, yes I'm talking about the three point shot. 5-19 in the first half and 0-5 in the second half. The coaches must have finally said something at half time to work the ball around for a closer shot at the basket. That was definitley a game we should have one if we had better shot selection. I know it's a style this team likes to play, but maybe it doesn't suit us as well this year and it may continue to cost us games.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
          I know I'm the only one saying it, but until this team figures out they are not going to win many games shooting a shot that netted them just a 20% clip. And, yes I'm talking about the three point shot. 5-19 in the first half and 0-5 in the second half. The coaches must have finally said something at half time to work the ball around for a closer shot at the basket. That was definitley a game we should have one if we had better shot selection. I know it's a style this team likes to play, but maybe it doesn't suit us as well this year and it may continue to cost us games.
          I agree but must add that there was somewhat of a mismatch with Jen Warkenthein and they would have been further ahead by pushing it inside from the tip off to the end of the game. Valpo would have lost their bigger players to fouls earlier in the game. One player named Ferris I believe left with 46 seconds left. Agreed no one was hitting the 3 yesterday. I have not followed the stats closely, but apparently this is not the first 20 per cent game from the arc. I tend to believe the SDSU ladies were following orders from the side given by the staff, and maybe that was not good choices. I think our players have no choice but to follow the game plan. ''

Comment

Working...
          X