GDT: Mavs vs Jackrabbits 2pm Frost Arena SLN/Midco [NGWSD]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

FAREWELL FROST ARENA!

Purchase a ticket for ANY of the remaining events in Frost Arena at a discounted rate! There is limited availability for each event & purchases can only be made online at GoJacks.com/PromoCode (code = FAREWELLFROST).

REMAINING EVENTS:
    Thursday, February 22 » Men's Basketball vs Denver at 7pm
    Saturday, February 24 » Men's Basketball vs St. Thomas at 2pm*
    Sunday, February 25 » Wrestling vs North Dakota State at 2pm*
    Thursday, February 29 » Women's Basketball vs North Dakota at 7pm
    Saturday, March 2 » Women's Basketball vs North Dakota State at 2pm*
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

If the voting is honest, it is getting to the point where, I am not sure there is even a real case for anyone else? even a few games ago, I said her and Paige should share it. at that point, Brooklyn already had the better statistical case, but I was willing to argue that Paige can be better than her numbers show

but at this point, there is NO reasonable argument that anyone could give it to Paige over Brooklyn and I think Paige could be in the argument with anyone else, except Larkin. that is the only other player that could even have a reasonable case at this point in the season. obviously there are still 2 weeks left in the regular season
      The only other player who is likely in the conversation at this point outside of Brooklyn is Elle Evans from NDSU. But Brooklyn is really what makes the Jacks defense go by being a force down low and allowing the perimeter players to guard the 3 aggressively. Offensively she has forced teams to totally change what they want to do as no one has a player that can guard her one-on-one. Therefore you are seeing teams try zones, etc to clog up the middle which has made life easier for our perimeter players. Elle is a great player and is likely the most gifted athlete in the SLC. However she doesn't force teams to totally change their style of play on either end like Brooklyn does.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post

The only other player who is likely in the conversation at this point outside of Brooklyn is Elle Evans from NDSU. But Brooklyn is really what makes the Jacks defense go by being a force down low and allowing the perimeter players to guard the 3 aggressively. Offensively she has forced teams to totally change what they want to do as no one has a player that can guard her one-on-one. Therefore you are seeing teams try zones, etc to clog up the middle which has made life easier for our perimeter players. Elle is a great player and is likely the most gifted athlete in the SLC. However she doesn't force teams to totally change their style of play on either end like Brooklyn does.
        It's going to be tough to beat Brooklyn's stats : 4th in scoring ( above both Larkins and Evans ), 2nd in rebounding and 1st in blocks. Plus best player on the best team. Larkins actually ranks higher than Evans in almost every stats category.

Comment

there has already been a significant conversation about Evans. I am a BIG fan! she is easily the player i would draft first from any other team in the Summit

that said, there is no honest case for her winning POY over Larkins. Borowicz should also easily finish ahead of Evans in POY voting.

as I have already said, Brooklyn should be hands down POY and pretty much hands down DPOY. if she does not get those awards it will be strictly because they did not want or choose to give them to her.

If they do not want her to have the award for some reason? maybe not wanting a sophomore to have it? Larkins is really the only other choice and the only one who can make even a half way understandable case for getting a vote instead of Brooklyn

Larkins is within one point and one rebound of Brooklyn. she is the dominant league leader in assists. she is ahead of Borowicz in everything except scoring. ahead of Evans in everything but blocks. Borowicz is also ahead of Evans in every category except blocks

enough about other players
          Brooklyn is the best player (easily) on the best team
          and she is the foundation of BY FAR the best defense in the league

she is second to Udomoh in rebounds
          but do people realize that there have been over 3500 shots taken in ORU games this year and only about 2920 shots taken in SDSU games? so with almost 600 more opportunities for rebounds, Udomoh averages 1.5 more per game

Comment

https://www.siouxfallslive.com/sport...iculous-levels
            Zimmer gives a shout out to the Jackrabbit women. He also scolds the majority of teams for not keeping up.
            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
              https://www.siouxfallslive.com/sport...iculous-levels
              Zimmer gives a shout out to the Jackrabbit women. He also scolds the majority of teams for not keeping up.
              This streak is ridiculous. The fact it's spanned over multiple classes and despite injuries/graduations is even more impressive. AJ is unmatched. He'll be hitting 600 wins I think soon too.

As far as the rest of the conference, NDSU has shown improvement but they still haven't won a league title. ORU is always in the top half but also can't get over the hump. USD is clearly on the decline. St. Thomas may have the most potential but it'll take a few years for them to continue to build. I think the bottom half of of the conference is better than years prior.

Comment

enough about other players
                Brooklyn is the best player (easily) on the best team
                and she is the foundation of BY FAR the best defense in the league
                I won't argue that she is the best defender, but I'd say P Meyer is the most valuable offensively to the team and consequently the league. All that dribbling, passing, and scoring would be lost and I think things would really slow down on that end of the court.

Comment

The success of the current season is a testament to recruiting and coaching of the talent. The injuries are devastating and the next player up is impressive. Last year the yotes were in a similar injury situation and the team slipped to 4th place. The Jackrabbit WBB perks along with another 20 win season and a top 2 SLT seed with 4 games to go.

Comment

The SDSU Women's Basketball program is ridiculous.

What they are doing this year is ridiculous. What they have done for 20 years now, is ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by discoDancinRabbit View Post

I won't argue that she is the best defender, but I'd say P Meyer is the most valuable offensively to the team and consequently the league. All that dribbling, passing, and scoring would be lost and I think things would really slow down on that end of the court.
                      i dont want to come ANYWHERE CLOSE to a place where anyone could think i am disrespecting Paige or underappreciating her. and to be honest, even debating between Paige and Brooklyn feels like a lack of appreciation and respect for other players. my honest belief is that Tori and Mesa both deserve to be first team all summit this year along with Brooklyn and Paige. Maddie M is right on the border of first team and second team

obviously that will never happen. even if we go undefeated and have FAR and AWAY the best defense in the league there is no chance we get those 4 all on first team even if nobody can deny that they deserve it. Mesa has become clearly the second best post player in the league. she plays less than 20 minutes a game and she averages a rebound more per game than Elle Evans and has 2 less total blocks. Mesa deserves to be 6th POY but now that she is starting, they will not give it to her

Tori almost always guards the best player on the other team and guards every position on the floor. she does EVERY little thing that a team needs to have done and does not care at all about getting her shots. she is second in the league in blocks. 5.5 boards per game. a 90% FT shooter and better in the clutch. 72 assists, only 54 TO, compared to Paige 84 assists 72 TO, she has by far the best assist to TO ratio on the team

so that is the biggest point is that we have more than just Brooklyn and Paige having AMAZING seasons and nobody should be overlooked

Paige does initiate a great deal of our offense that is true. sometimes when she goes out we do struggle to adjust. obviously she has missed a lot of games already because of injury and we HAVE always found a way to adjust and i hope very much that we never have to make that adjustment again

Paige is at her most valuable against a team that wants to press us because she is almost 100% untrappable. it is like when Kansas had Jaque Vaughn. the coach was asked about their press break. he said easy, we give the ball to Jaque and we get out of the way. that is Paige against the press. that said we have always been a team that is great at beating the press with the pass and if we had to adjust again to breaking the press without Paige i have no doubt we would get it done

Brooklyn is the player on offense that every team is making priority one. everyone else on our team benefits by what defense does to stop Brooklyn. Paige is GREAT!! PLEASE dont think i am saying she is not, but she has NEVER been our number one offensive weapon. she has never been the focus of the defense. she is great, but she does have a few weaknesses. she is a very selective shooter from outside. she does get hot at times, but she is not exactly a great shooter. she is a scorer but not really a shooter. also she does get a little loose at times with her passing. she has too many TOs for a PG as talented as she is. compared to other PG who were / are considered great 3.8 assists a game is not overly impressive

i absolutely love Paige Meyer, but there is really not a contest. Brooklyn is our most indispensable player on both ends of the floor and if she does not win Summit POY this year they should just cancel the award
                      Brooklyn's biggest flaw by far as a player is her FT shooting and she has improved from 56% last year to almost 67% this year. i would be willing to bet she continues to improve

Comment

i dont want to come ANYWHERE CLOSE to a place where anyone could think i am disrespecting Paige or underappreciating her. and to be honest, even debating between Paige and Brooklyn feels like a lack of appreciation and respect for other players. my honest belief is that Tori and Mesa both deserve to be first team all summit this year along with Brooklyn and Paige. Maddie M is right on the border of first team and second team

obviously that will never happen. even if we go undefeated and have FAR and AWAY the best defense in the league there is no chance we get those 4 all on first team even if nobody can deny that they deserve it. Mesa has become clearly the second best post player in the league. she plays less than 20 minutes a game and she averages a rebound more per game than Elle Evans and has 2 less total blocks. Mesa deserves to be 6th POY but now that she is starting, they will not give it to her

Tori almost always guards the best player on the other team and guards every position on the floor. she does EVERY little thing that a team needs to have done and does not care at all about getting her shots. she is second in the league in blocks. 5.5 boards per game. a 90% FT shooter and better in the clutch. 72 assists, only 54 TO, compared to Paige 84 assists 72 TO, she has by far the best assist to TO ratio on the team

so that is the biggest point is that we have more than just Brooklyn and Paige having AMAZING seasons and nobody should be overlooked

Paige does initiate a great deal of our offense that is true. sometimes when she goes out we do struggle to adjust. obviously she has missed a lot of games already because of injury and we HAVE always found a way to adjust and i hope very much that we never have to make that adjustment again

Paige is at her most valuable against a team that wants to press us because she is almost 100% untrappable. it is like when Kansas had Jaque Vaughn. the coach was asked about their press break. he said easy, we give the ball to Jaque and we get out of the way. that is Paige against the press. that said we have always been a team that is great at beating the press with the pass and if we had to adjust again to breaking the press without Paige i have no doubt we would get it done

Brooklyn is the player on offense that every team is making priority one. everyone else on our team benefits by what defense does to stop Brooklyn. Paige is GREAT!! PLEASE dont think i am saying she is not, but she has NEVER been our number one offensive weapon. she has never been the focus of the defense. she is great, but she does have a few weaknesses. she is a very selective shooter from outside. she does get hot at times, but she is not exactly a great shooter. she is a scorer but not really a shooter. also she does get a little loose at times with her passing. she has too many TOs for a PG as talented as she is. compared to other PG who were / are considered great 3.8 assists a game is not overly impressive

i absolutely love Paige Meyer, but there is really not a contest. Brooklyn is our most indispensable player on both ends of the floor and if she does not win Summit POY this year they should just cancel the award
                        Brooklyn's biggest flaw by far as a player is her FT shooting and she has improved from 56% last year to almost 67% this year. i would be willing to bet she continues to improve
                        Well, I don't think an opponent can make Paige a priority because she knows how to facilitate and dribble out of it if they take other options away. That's why imo she is so valuable.

And I have gone to the stats. 50% fg is very high considering what she does; not to mention 40 + from 3 and 80 on free throws.

Comment

Originally posted by discoDancinRabbit View Post

Well, I don't think an opponent can make Paige a priority because she knows how to facilitate and dribble out of it if they take other options away. That's why imo she is so valuable.

And I have gone to the stats. 50% fg is very high considering what she does; not to mention 40 + from 3 and 80 on free throws.
                          again i have no intention of bashing Paige. i think she is behind Brooklyn and Larkins and it is close between her and Borowicz for POY. she should definitely get bonus points over Borowicz for being very critical to the best team, while Borowicz team has 8 losses in league play

i acknowledged Paige is a good scorer. i do maintain she is not a great outside shooter. she keeps an excellent percentage by being VERY SMART and taking only the best shots off good passes, in good rhythm. and 80% ft is very good number. it is not an elite number. i completely agree Paige is an excellent facilitator, but you have to agree that 3.8 is not an elite assist number, especially for someone who is given additional value for what she does for teammates. Paige has never averaged over 4 assists per game. her assist to TO ratio was a lot better her first two years

just to be clear that i am NOT trying to insult Paige about her shooting (or anything else) I believe Macy probably has to be considered the greatest player in Jacks WBB history and obviously she is the all time leading scorer. I would also say that Macy was not a great shooter from outside. my scouting report on both Macy and Paige would be- excellent scorer not excellent shooter. above average to good outside of the arc can get hot if you let them have too many quality looks- BTW pretty much the same report i would give Nate Walters. so being mentioned in similar company as Nate and Macy is definitely not insulting to Paige

Comment

again i have no intention of bashing Paige. i think she is behind Brooklyn and Larkins and it is close between her and Borowicz for POY. she should definitely get bonus points over Borowicz for being very critical to the best team, while Borowicz team has 8 losses in league play

i acknowledged Paige is a good scorer. i do maintain she is not a great outside shooter. she keeps an excellent percentage by being VERY SMART and taking only the best shots off good passes, in good rhythm. and 80% ft is very good number. it is not an elite number. i completely agree Paige is an excellent facilitator, but you have to agree that 3.8 is not an elite assist number, especially for someone who is given additional value for what she does for teammates. Paige has never averaged over 4 assists per game. her assist to TO ratio was a lot better her first two years

just to be clear that i am NOT trying to insult Paige about her shooting (or anything else) I believe Macy probably has to be considered the greatest player in Jacks WBB history and obviously she is the all time leading scorer. I would also say that Macy was not a great shooter from outside. my scouting report on both Macy and Paige would be- excellent scorer not excellent shooter. above average to good outside of the arc can get hot if you let them have too many quality looks- BTW pretty much the same report i would give Nate Walters. so being mentioned in similar company as Nate and Macy is definitely not insulting to Paige
                            Oh I didn't think you were insulting P Meyer. I agree it is surprising her assists numbers are down, but isn't that a hockey thing where you make the pass that is the assist of a bucket? She probably has a lot of those I'd bet.

Since you brought up Wolters I would just say that he would have been in the excellent category beyond the arc. I mean c'mon there was no position past half court that you were safe as a defender ! P Meyer is not there but frankly I don't think she needs to be.

Comment

The fact that you have Borowicz anywhere near the POY award says all I need to know. I'm pretty sure even UND fans would call you crazy for suggesting that. That ship is sinking and she's a large part of the reason and if you can't see that then I really don't know what to tell you.

I'm just curious who the player of the year should be based off the following stat lines:

Player A: 16.2 ppg, 6.4 apg, 2.4 rpg
                              Player B: 17.5 ppg, 7.3 apg, 5.1 rpg

If you answer isn't player A (Myah Selland) then I'm sure there are a lot of posts from you about how Grace Larkins (player B) should have won the POY award last year. It doesn't appear there is an "honest case" for Player A to win based on the stats sheet, right?

Comment

The fact that you have Borowicz anywhere near the POY award says all I need to know. I'm pretty sure even UND fans would call you crazy for suggesting that. That ship is sinking and she's a large part of the reason and if you can't see that then I really don't know what to tell you.

I'm just curious who the player of the year should be based off the following stat lines:

Player A: 16.2 ppg, 6.4 apg, 2.4 rpg
                                Player B: 17.5 ppg, 7.3 apg, 5.1 rpg

If you answer isn't player A (Myah Selland) then I'm sure there are a lot of posts from you about how Grace Larkins (player B) should have won the POY award last year. It doesn't appear there is an "honest case" for Player A to win based on the stats sheet, right?
                                I am believing that conference champion leader has more credibility than stat stuffer from a lower team. POY should be from a team at the top. That is why Evans is in contention. Borowitz is considered since she was in preseason conversation. The same could be for Larkins last year and this year. I am also a self proclaimed fan with blue tinted vision. Go Brooklyn.

Comment

Working...
                                X