Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GoJacks2011
    replied
    Some good new: Kallie Theisen posted this morning she will be back in uniform next season. Not sure at all how that will work with scholarships but glad she will get the final year she deserves. We will be loaded.

Leave a comment:

• salemjack
    replied
    Are there any girls on the track team who were good at basketball in high school?

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied
    Originally posted by SteelSD View Post

14 - 4 = 10 players
    10 + 2 Freshman = 12 players on the roster
    12 - 2 Players lost to season ending injuries prior to the season = 10 players

Also for the last game one of the Freshman was out due to injury and so we were down to 9 players. Then lost one during the game to what sounds like a concussion, so 8 players at the end of the game. As GoJacks said we have a class of 5 coming in next year, so the only player we could add would be a Grad/Senior with one season left. Evidently the staff was unable to find someone who fit that criteria who was also a team fit.
    It will be interesting to see if Schetnan might come over after the VB season just for this year. She played both at Louisville, so she has done it before. Just having an extra body could be important if there are anymore injuries/illnesses and you would get a game where a couple players foul out.

Leave a comment:

• SteelSD
    replied
    Originally posted by ND-fan View Post
    I have been following this discussion and i don't quite understand why you're down to 10 players. You had 14 players last year have lost 4 off team either to graduation or they have left but you only brought in 2 players this year which puts you at 14 players on scholarship. This left you with open scholarship to fill this void but you chose not to add player especially when you had two players injured. Even we at North Dakota lost a player late in summer and we still added grad player to fill a need that was out of University of Minnesota so like to know reason for staying pat. Our experience has been we have lost several players to injury during the season and depth is important because more you play players the injury bug just seems to grow. Adding grad player doesn't hurt future recruiting it just adds to depth for this year and usually find a player that can really help during the season. Maybe you have different view on this.
    14 - 4 = 10 players
    10 + 2 Freshman = 12 players on the roster
    12 - 2 Players lost to season ending injuries prior to the season = 10 players

Also for the last game one of the Freshman was out due to injury and so we were down to 9 players. Then lost one during the game to what sounds like a concussion, so 8 players at the end of the game. As GoJacks said we have a class of 5 coming in next year, so the only player we could add would be a Grad/Senior with one season left. Evidently the staff was unable to find someone who fit that criteria who was also a team fit.

Leave a comment:

• GoJacks2011
    replied
    Originally posted by ND-fan View Post
    I have been following this discussion and i don't quite understand why you're down to 10 players. You had 14 players last year have lost 4 off team either to graduation or they have left but you only brought in 2 players this year which puts you at 14 players on scholarship. This left you with open scholarship to fill this void but you chose not to add player especially when you had two players injured. Even we at North Dakota lost a player late in summer and we still added grad player to fill a need that was out of University of Minnesota so like to know reason for staying pat. Our experience has been we have lost several players to injury during the season and depth is important because more you play players the injury bug just seems to grow. Adding grad player doesn't hurt future recruiting it just adds to depth for this year and usually find a player that can really help during the season. Maybe you have different view on this.
    At most, we probably could have added one player but only for 1 year. Our recruiting class next year is large and absolutely stellar so no extra scholarship spots after this year. I’ve heard rumblings our staff looked for a grad transfer but didn’t find anyone who was a good fit. I’m sure they too wish we had someone come in to help give us depth right now with the multiple season ending injuries we are facing but with the success we have had year after year, I trust our staff’s decision making and recruiting decisions. Life happens and nobody predicted we’d be down 2 starters before the season even came around so it is what it is.

Leave a comment:

• ND-fan
    replied

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied
    Originally posted by OldHare View Post
    Top 25 MidMajor does not think Jackrabbits are too weak. Jackrabbits start at the #1.
    https://collegeinsider.com/womens-mid-major-top-25
    Have to wonder if most voters know about the injuries. Would definitely be justified if the Jacks were full strength.

Leave a comment:

• OldHare
    replied
    Top 25 MidMajor does not think Jackrabbits are too weak. Jackrabbits start at the #1.
    https://collegeinsider.com/womens-mid-major-top-25

Leave a comment:

• Roy
    replied
    Jacks an 11 seed, facing Miss St in Albany! Go Jacks

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied
    Originally posted by rimmer View Post
    appears jacks won't make college sports madness top 44
    Not surprising given the injuries.

Leave a comment:

• rimmer
    replied
    appears jacks won't make college sports madness top 44

Leave a comment:

• jackdaniel
    replied
    Originally posted by 73alum View Post

Hey… I like that when talking about the two or three of them together! Now, individually, Madison could be MM, Paige could be PM, but Brooklyn should not be BM… She needs to be Ashley or something so we can call her AM, but since I’m an old guy I would never remember what the initials stood for!!!!
    Ha, that would be great having the AM , PM distinction, know what your talking about with age, we are about the same age , sometimes I forget to go to bed at night. Great point also Madison Mathiowetz noted as M&M , when talking about her individually. Never too old to cheer for the Jackrabbits.

Leave a comment:

• 73alum
    replied
    Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
    Can we abbreviate Meyer and Meyer to M&M , add Mathiowetz and it's M&M's, (blue and yellow ones of course).
    Hey… I like that when talking about the two or three of them together! Now, individually, Madison could be MM, Paige could be PM, but Brooklyn should not be BM… She needs to be Ashley or something so we can call her AM, but since I’m an old guy I would never remember what the initials stood for!!!!

Leave a comment:

• jackdaniel
    replied
    Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
    It will be interesting to see who starts. Meyer & Meyer, Nelson and Mathiowetz would seem to be locks. The other one likely Colbeck or Vlastuin ? If Colbeck is the backup PG, she would come off the bench.
    Can we abbreviate Meyer and Meyer to M&M , add Mathiowetz and it's M&M's, (blue and yellow ones of course).
    Last edited by jackdaniel; 10-20-2023, 11:55 AM.

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied
    It will be interesting to see who starts. Meyer & Meyer, Nelson and Mathiowetz would seem to be locks. The other one likely Colbeck or Vlastuin ? If Colbeck is the backup PG, she would come off the bench.
    Last edited by bigticket1; 10-19-2023, 07:54 PM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X