Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

WOMEN'S BRACKETOLOGY: 2023 NCAA TOURNAMENT

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • WOMEN'S BRACKETOLOGY: 2023 NCAA TOURNAMENT

    One year after the field expanded from 64 to 68 teams, the women's NCAA tournament will undergo another major change in 2023. Instead of the customary four regional sites, next year's field will have two: Greenville and Seattle. Travel and game schedules are sure to look different, but exactly how is something we will see play out in the coming months. The top-16 teams will continue to host first- and second-round games, but the First Four games are expected to move to a separate, pre-determined site. What hasn't changed is South Carolina as the favorite. The reigning NCAA champion will look to become the first to repeat since UConn in 2016.
    In at a 5 seed are the jackrabbits in a WAY early 2023 seeding.

  • #2
    It would be great if the Jacks could sneak into the top 16 and host the first two rounds.

    Comment


    • #3
      Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
      It would be great if the Jacks could sneak into the top 16 and host the first two rounds.
      They would need to be a #4 seed. That would be the highest seeded Jacks team in the NCAA's wbb tournament, maybe the Summit League, I haven't looked that up.They must think we will be pretty good next season, I do too. A lot of basketball has to be played before we can even think about the 2023 NCAA Women's basketball Tournament.

      Comment


      • #4
        2022-23 Jackrabbit WBB - An Optimistic Forecast

        Paige Meyer will not return before conference play begins after Christmas, injury red-shirt or not. Dru Gylten is the solution.

        Leaping ahead 30 games to the NCAA tournament, the Jacks’ seeding depends on non-conference W/L’s, especially at “The Battle For Atlantis.” The tournament format pits five P5 teams, and three mid-majors including SDSU, in a standard eight-team bracket.

        It’s likely that Saturday’s openers match P5’s against mid-majors, so SDSU holds opportunities for three P-5 victories. (( 2021-22 stats used below ))

        Record // Massey Rank // Massey SoS

        Texas 29-7 6 18

        Tennessee. 25-9 16 7


        Louisville 29-5 5 15

        UCLA 18-13 37 23


        Rutgers 11-20 87 67

        Gonzaga 27-7 23 68


        Marquette 23-11 61 80

        SDSU 29-9 33 97

        2022-23 will really be fun!!

        Comment


        • #5
          Is there a 6'5" girl in the portal we can raise money to purchase for next year? Go NIL.
          One hand points to campus...the other to the liquor store.

          Comment


          • #6
            Originally posted by ringthebells View Post
            Is there a 6'5" girl in the portal we can raise money to purchase for next year? Go NIL.
            your not wrong, thats for sure.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done. Arnold Palmer

            Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

            Comment


            • #7
              Originally posted by GrandpaLee View Post
              2022-23 Jackrabbit WBB - An Optimistic Forecast

              Paige Meyer will not return before conference play begins after Christmas, injury red-shirt or not. Dru Gylten is the solution.

              Leaping ahead 30 games to the NCAA tournament, the Jacks’ seeding depends on non-conference W/L’s, especially at “The Battle For Atlantis.” The tournament format pits five P5 teams, and three mid-majors including SDSU, in a standard eight-team bracket.

              It’s likely that Saturday’s openers match P5’s against mid-majors, so SDSU holds opportunities for three P-5 victories. (( 2021-22 stats used below ))

              Record // Massey Rank // Massey SoS

              Texas 29-7 6 18

              Tennessee. 25-9 16 7


              Louisville 29-5 5 15

              UCLA 18-13 37 23


              Rutgers 11-20 87 67

              Gonzaga 27-7 23 68


              Marquette 23-11 61 80

              SDSU 29-9 33 97

              2022-23 will really be fun!!
              A CLOSE loss in title game or perfect 3-0 would be a huge win for this team in the rankings. 0-3 not so much. Do we have any P5 schools coming to Brookings in Nov/Dec?

              Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
                A CLOSE loss in title game or perfect 3-0 would be a huge win for this team in the rankings. 0-3 not so much. Do we have any P5 schools coming to Brookings in Nov/Dec?

                Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
                We played at Mississippi St and Iowa St last season. Maybe we get one or both to come to Brookings next year.

                Comment


                • #9
                  Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post

                  We played at Mississippi St and Iowa St last season. Maybe we get one or both to come to Brookings next year.
                  Of course Iowa St lost to the jacks at frost the previous year. so it seems a good guess that they had a contract for a home and home and that contract has been completed. i think they sometimes used to do those contracts for more than 2 games so maybe there are more games with them coming up but i would not be surprised if it was home and home and done

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post

                    We played at Mississippi St and Iowa St last season. Maybe we get one or both to come to Brookings next year.
                    Not positive, but pretty sure we don’t get Miss. St, at home this year.

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      We played Miss St on the road, at their place, hopefully a H&H arrangement. Didn't play them in 2020-2021 , last yr was first time ever playing them I think I recall seeing. I could be mistaken on first time playing them ever but , usually H&H's are consecutive seasons and we didn't play them the yr before last, although, sometimes they have to play and are given the option to stretch it out to 2 yrs before the contract states they have to reciprocate. Correct me if I'm wrong, still trying to learn some of this stuff. I wasn't sure , but looked it up, yes, it was the inaugural meeting between the two schools. Not to say it was a H&H game, but merely hoping it was.
                      Last edited by jackdaniel; 05-06-2022, 09:12 PM.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

                        Of course Iowa St lost to the jacks at frost the previous year. so it seems a good guess that they had a contract for a home and home and that contract has been completed. i think they sometimes used to do those contracts for more than 2 games so maybe there are more games with them coming up but i would not be surprised if it was home and home and done
                        Im sure they wont. I dont remember that but im sure i was there. Was that after a football game?

                        Comment


                        • #13
                          Mississippi St should be due to visit Frost. The Creighton & UNI games should be back to Frost this year as well. The KState & Iowa St games were year 2 of home & home. There could be new teams filling those slots for a couple of years. Drake was here for the WNIT which may temper a rematch with that group for a couple of years. It would be interesting if Nebraska would be ready for another home and home. Missouri or Kansas are other regional P5 teams which could schedule for a couple of years. The Jackrabbits will likely put together a challenging OOC.
                          Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

                          Comment


                          • #14
                            Originally posted by OldHare View Post
                            Mississippi St should be due to visit Frost. The Creighton & UNI games should be back to Frost this year as well. The KState & Iowa St games were year 2 of home & home. There could be new teams filling those slots for a couple of years. Drake was here for the WNIT which may temper a rematch with that group for a couple of years. It would be interesting if Nebraska would be ready for another home and home. Missouri or Kansas are other regional P5 teams which could schedule for a couple of years. The Jackrabbits will likely put together a challenging OOC.
                            I remember the Huskers coming to Frost and losing 60-55 in 2012-13 , they were a top 25 team ranked at 15th, that had both Hooper and Cady who were all time Neb greats on it. I don't think we played them since.

                            Comment


                            • #15
                              Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post

                              I remember the Huskers coming to Frost and losing 60-55 in 2012-13 , they were a top 25 team ranked at 15th, that had both Hooper and Cady who were all time Neb greats on it. I don't think we played them since.
                              and i do not expect we will be seeing them anytime soon, unless they have no way to avoid it. they had a nice beginning to last year, but by the end of the year we had the better team. and i believe that we will next year also

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X