Tylee Irwin Returning !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post
    Mr steel, thank you for your response!! yes yes i agree with you. i have no trouble understanding WHY she chose USD. my only question was that i thought i heard that she ACTUALLY was, at one point, committed to state. just wondered if that was true and if so what happened from there. but yes i agree with you if it was only an offer, i absolutely understand all the reasons you mentioned as reason for pulling. no doubt that was a GREAT recruiting class. LT scored over 3000 points in high school, Tylee all time leading scorer in ND i believe or very close and ND miss bball, and myah who probably has a few rooms full of awards. so it makes sense that if we had only an offer to Chloe that it could have been pulled after those 3 committs. any way, again i was simply curious about thinking she was maybe a committ at some point.

and as i have said often i HATE USD, and you are TOTALLY correct vermillion is a complete craphole and nothing about the school or their philosophy or thier administration and staff reflects anything about SD, but as a womens bball program NO DOUBT they are top notch, so i hate it but i understand why good bball players want to go there. actually i wonder why good basketball players in this area choose schools such as creighton and drake over SDSU and USD. seems they are choosing to live in cities like omaha and des moines instead of a craphole or brookings, but basketball wise those are VERY OBVIOUSLY a notch below the SD schools and their opportunity to play in the tourney are much lower, to me it is even to the point where for basketball reasons it really does not even make sense for players to choose schools like iowa, nebraska, and minnesota over the SD schools. for instance the markowski girl. of course UNL is UNL and if she wanted that experience then she wanted that experience. but i guarantee you in the time she is at UNL that she will win a lot lot less games and play in less NCAA tourney than she would have by sticking to her decision to go to state. obviously iowa has a better program than the other 2 i mentioned, but you have to go a long distance to find another school that has a chance to win as many games and play in as many tourney as the two SD schools, and i think both schools are getting to the point where simply making the tourney will be the expectation. i think if both schools make the tourney this year both schools WILL WIN at least one tournament game and have a good shot at the round of 16 and i think we are very close to the point where that will be what is normal and not the anomaly
    I think the primary reason we have lost out on some local recruits to Creighton is the kids are coming from high schools like Sioux Falls Christian and O'Gorman and they are looking for an experience that a private, Jesuit University like Creighton offers. Jill Young tried it and realized very quickly it wasn't for her. Omaha in my opinion does not provide much of a typical college experience.

Comment

I think the reasons behind why players choose one college over another is likely very multifaceted. For the most part I feel like on the women's side being close geographically is a big thing, so being able to win the local battles for top prospects is a major key to success. Obviously having a winning program helps, but there are certainly other factors that weigh as well. I don't want to get this post too sidetracked from the topic, so maybe another thread for this would be in order. I think obviously everyone is excited to have Tylee back for another year as she is a quality player that certainly makes us better. It was nice to see us actually pull a quality player from ND from the schools up north. They've taken SD players for years, so nice to win get one of those players down here for a change.

Comment

good point steel and jack guy!! in spirit of this thread GREAT game by tylee!!! hits 3 3s after we lose Myah. great response!! idk for sure what she needs but apparently not out of range of possibility she hits 1000 career points tomorrow. that would be very very nice for her to do that in ND about an hour from home. no doubt she will be very satisfied coming away with 2 wins, but great night by her and it will be AWESOME to have her for another year!! best wishes for myah and tori!!

Comment

i did not mean to be condescending. i totally KNOW neither of you NEEDS my approval. i just meant i appreciated the points you made. 1 about the importance for some people of the private/ church school experience. and 2. about keeping to the integrity of the thread. i was trying to keep my post slightly more brief. i know sometimes i can take the long way around)

Comment

AJ mentioned tonight that Greer is returning as well. She has struggled a bit, but plays very good defense and provides valuable depth. With another year in AJ's system and familiarity with teammates, she should make improvements and really help depth.

It'll be a big boost to the guard position having her back another year.
            Last edited by AZjack; 02-22-2021, 10:27 PM. Reason: Selland injury speculation that wasn't warranted.

Comment

Originally posted by AZjack View Post
              AJ mentioned tonight that Greer is returning as well. She has struggled a bit, but plays very good defense and provides valuable depth. With another year in AJ's system and familiarity with teammates, she should make improvements and really help depth with Selland likely out most of next year.

It'll be a big boost to the guard position having her back another year.
              Why would selland miss most of next year? Has anything been reported?
              "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post

I had heard that is wan't good (not that bad though) , but, I hope that's a typo. Otherwise that's a mojo killer if true.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post

Nothing reported, just Zim's tweet and reading behind the lines of the coaches show and I hope it's not as serious as an ACL. The post above shows that it might not be as bad as feared.

It did sound like that both Selland and Nelson could miss the NCAA tourney as AJ talked about showing the committee how the team can perform without those two players. I'm just reading between the lines and pissed that injuries will likely not let the team go as far as it would like.

Comment

Originally posted by AZjack View Post

Nothing reported, just Zim's tweet and reading behind the lines of the coaches show and I hope it's not as serious as an ACL. The post above shows that it might not be as bad as feared.

It did sound like that both Selland and Nelson could miss the NCAA tourney as AJ talked about showing the committee how the team can perform without those two players. I'm just reading between the lines and pissed that injuries will likely not let the team go as far as it would like.
                    Tori has a sprain from what I had learned. The initial thoughts were hoping she could be available for the SLT. Still hoping she has a chance for the ncaa's. With that said I sprained a MCL last winter and it hurt for a long time, but I am 45, not 19. But, there could be new news out there I am not privy of.

Comment

If I am going to bet. I think Myah is done for the year. Best situation is she can start next year right away. I think it will be up to Tori to decide if she wants to try a attempt at returning this year. If they make the tourney, we still have damn near a month since her injury.

Comment

I'd be surprised if we saw Selland again this season. I don't have any inside info just watching the injury it looked bad and her reaction was bad too. At this point I hope it doesn't affect next year.

Comment

And for the 2nd year in a row USD doesn't have to deal with Selland in the Summit Tournament...I need a drink.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

"Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                            And for the 2nd year in a row USD doesn't have to deal with Selland in the Summit Tournament...I need a drink.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
                            True, but unlike last year this year’s SLT has very little meaning for the women’s team and we can just turn off the tv if the game gets ugly! Not that it necessarily will, just look at last year.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                              I'd be surprised if we saw Selland again this season. I don't have any inside info just watching the injury it looked bad and her reaction was bad too. At this point I hope it doesn't affect next year.
                              Zimmer tweeted that AJ says that Myah is likely done for the season. Not good, but hopefully means she does not need major reconstructive surgery. Nelson has a chance to be back for the tournament.

Comment

am i just so completely biased that i do not notice at all what happens to other programs?? or does it seem like the jacks are way way overdue for a run of really good fortune healthwise? i mean wow, last year fb no gibbs and too much no psj and others, mbb way too much no wilson, wbb no myah and no kallie. now everything this year. and it seems like we have too much of this history. of course i do not wish injuries on other college kids at any school but i do not remember other schools constantly losing their best players or multiple players in multiple years. the year macy got hurt, that team was coming off missing the sweet sixteen by a hair and set to really kick down some barriers. as i recall the one year that J Ronek was hurt was the year he had the best all around team around him. i mentioned in another post A Hansen and C Stoebner senior year we should have been the hands down fav to be national champs but spent the whole year with an all american and several all conference players in street clothes. anyway it is really really annoying! very sad for the players and i hope the very best and speedy recoveries for both tori and myah!! i recall obvioiusly wentz spent some time hurt, but i cannot remember any other lost significant from any key players for ndsu or usd or any other conference foe we have had or have, whereas we have had multiple first team all conference and conference POY type players missing big parts of their career. i have NO DOUBT that the players remaining will give incredible efforts and do everything they can to overcome the losses and to go forward with the best possible attitude!!! we have seen it already from both bball programs!! but no matter how the season goes, there is always that lingering what could have been. sorry had to let that out. i am done ranting now. best of health to all the jacks and to all of their opponents for the rest of this year!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X