AJ Interview regarding recruiting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AJ Interview regarding recruiting

From the Rochester Post Bulletin. Hopefully the link will work for all, but I copy and pasted it too in case.

https://www.postbulletin.com/sports/...eavily-at-SDSU

The Recruiting Trail: Pine Island native Johnston has targeted Minnesotans heavily at SDSU

Written By: Pat Ruff | Jul 16th 2020 - 6am.
    Pine Island native Aaron Johnston is in his 21st year as the women’s basketball head coach at South Dakota State University in Brookings. Johnston has turned the Division I program into one of the strongest mid-majors in the country, including the Jackrabbits advancing to the NCAA Tournament nine of the last 12 years and his teams ending with a winning record in all 20 of his seasons there.

Johnston talked with the Post Bulletin about his recruiting philosophies.

How early do you start recruiting a player?

JOHNSTON: We start watching, evaluating and building relationships with players as early as their freshman year of high school. We use their (freshman and sophomore) years to get involved recruiting them as much as we can, starting that process, though we can’t initiate any of the contact until the summer heading into their junior year. The families have to reach out to us before then. Also, we do a lot of talking with (high school) coaches to find out who might be interested in us, and who might fit our style of play, our campus and our community.

(remainder of article deleted to respect Rochester Post Bulletin's copyright, please go to their site to access the entire article - filbert)

(p.s. I found that I could read the whole article if I used my browser's "Reader View." No guarantees though - filbert)

(p.p.s I deleted the other thread about the article - filbert)
    Last edited by filbert; 07-16-2020, 10:06 AM.
Working...
X