No announcement yet.

GDT: SDSU Jackrabbits(10-1) vs Denver Pioneers(4-7) @ Frost Arena

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

we should practice shots close to the bucket more, as absurd as that sounds....every game we miss a ton of layups and short shots off the glass....we are supposed to be shoring up the "little things" and getting more efficient scoring, we've gotten away from that lately.We just seem sped up and quick to throw something up that isn't even close, too much in my opinion. Paiton used to be gold( sorry, edit, she's 3-4 75%,not bad at all) , but now she gets a lot more attention shown to her, she has to dish it out or take a horrible shot.,she can use more help,options

Comment

Denver doing a good job of denying the ball inside by fronting our posts and doubling from the backside. Jacks need their patented strong 3rd quarter.

Comment

slow reacting, anticipating, could get to a lot of balls, but instead, by being slow or anticipating, they(other team) gets the possession

Comment

ALL bultsma there, great effort....Jacks look flat, I think our style of play is pretty well diagnosed and passes into the paint are getting tipped now...when we don't score with some regularity, we get sloppy and even more inefficient...we got a lot of work to do in just a short time

Comment

We sound flat and unipsired. hopefully they decide to play the 4th quarter like the other game. Pretty sure Denver has never won in Brookings, Will be a bad loss if we cant get this figured out.
            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Embarrassing play.

Comment

I'm listening to game, not watching, but it seems if the Jacks could hit 3-balls with more consistency, it might open the paint. It sounds like Denver is collapsing into the lane, making short buckets harder to come by.
                This space for lease.

Comment

This is going to be a bad loss. But I guess we, as fans, are spoiled after so many years of success. Sigh.
                  This space for lease.

Comment

Just a lot of sloppy ass basketball. If this team doesn't get scoring from the posts, it's going to be a long night. Irwin seems to be the only perimeter player who has any idea or desire to create her own shot. . When Cascio-Jenson and Theuninck are on the floor together, that's basically two players that the opposition doesn't have to guard.

Comment

I was afraid of getting a game like this the way we've been struggling on offense, losing at home makes it worse....10 pt 3rd qtr....and only15 in the 4th

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                        I was afraid of getting a game like this the way we've been struggling on offense, losing at home makes it worse....10 pt 3rd qtr....and only15 in the 4th
                        A game like this was bound to happen. This team just isn’t good without Myah. The league is terrible which can mask some of their deficiencies.

Comment

Teams know we can only score inside and have no consistant outside shot they know how to defend us now. Larson was basically a no show the whole game. She should be one of the best in the conference and some games is a non factor. I was expecting her to take a step forward with Madi and Macy moving on. Unless this team is just focused to get revenge on USD they forgot to get ready for the rest of the league.
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Originally posted by goon View Post
                            Teams know we can only score inside and have no consistant outside shot they know how to defend us now. Larson was basically a no show the whole game. She should be one of the best in the conference and some games is a non factor. I was expecting her to take a step forward with Madi and Macy moving on. Unless this team is just focused to get revenge on USD they forgot to get ready for the rest of the league.
                            SLT should be intresting, hope we make it to the Championship game

Comment

The lack of shooters is showing, we have been trending that way for a while. We have length and athleticism, but have lost some skill.

I keep railing on it, but the sophomore class is very disappointing so far outside of Paiton. Hirschmann moving on wouldn't be a thing to open up another scholarship.

Comment

Originally posted by AZjack View Post
                                The lack of shooters is showing, we have been trending that way for a while. We have length and athleticism, but have lost some skill.

I keep railing on it, but the sophomore class is very disappointing so far outside of Paiton. Hirschmann moving on wouldn't be a thing to open up another scholarship.
                                Agree, especially if it is true that Rongisch's knee issues are likely to keep her on the bench alongside the sophomores. You can't have 3+ players sitting over there year after year and expect to continue at the level we are used to.

I have to admit some part of me kind of wishes last night was part of a single elimination tournament for this team in this injury-riddled year. A quiet end to a painful season. We all know "anything can happen" but we all also must realize what's extremely likely to happen - and seeing that once was enough. The team just does not have the horses as things currently stand.

Comment

Working...
                                X