Showdown Series WBB Part 1: Jackrabbits vs yotes @ SCSC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Showdown Series WBB Part 1: Jackrabbits vs yotes @ SCSC

while selland playing may have closed the gap as far as the final score, USD still wins this game. this USD team is just flat out better. the SLT is theirs to lose this year. plus, no reason they shouldn't be fighting for another championship next season. not saying they can't avoid a stumble, but, they are the best team in the Summit.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
      At least she isn't afraid to put up a shot. Some of our perimeter players look like they would rather have a root canal then try to create their own shot.
      Even with injuries our bigs are good enough. They just need a chance. Rylie is doing a good job IMO for what her role is. They need to plug in Tori and Sydney into the starting lineup IMO. Tori is Myah 2.0, she can play inside or out and create. Sydney isn't afraid to shoot and has developed a dribble drive too. Give those two the minutes from here on out. We could probably go 14-2 as it is, but to have a chance to beat the dogs will require a change IMO.
      Last edited by 98Jackfarmer; 01-21-2020, 07:22 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by mr76 View Post
        They have 5-6 pretty good players coming back and a 4-star recruit out of Nebraska coming in next year. The last losing season they have had was the 2009-2010 season, so thinking that USD will be down next year might be wishful thinking. I do not see their coach leaving for at least another three years because her son will start playing for the USD men's team next year as a sophomore. She is a very good coach!!
        Nobody said USD wasn't going to be in the hunt next year or even the favorite. I will bet quite a bit that they won't be a top 25 team which constitutes being down from this year. Same way that the Jacks are down this year, doesn't mean they are bad, just down from the year before.

Duffy is a great player and McKeever is having her best year by far. Frederick also brings some good post play. They do bring back a lot, but they are losing possibly the best player in program history. I think Duffy provides more than Seekamp did, especially on the defensive end.

Comment

Originally posted by AZjack View Post
          Nobody said USD wasn't going to be in the hunt next year or even the favorite. I will bet quite a bit that they won't be a top 25 team which constitutes being down from this year. Same way that the Jacks are down this year, doesn't mean they are bad, just down from the year before.

Duffy is a great player and McKeever is having her best year by far. Frederick also brings some good post play. They do bring back a lot, but they are losing possibly the best player in program history. I think Duffy provides more than Seekamp did, especially on the defensive end.
          Well, actually GoJacks 2011 said that and that is why I responded.

Comment

Originally posted by mr76 View Post
            Well, actually GoJacks 2011 said that and that is why I responded.
            I didn’t say they wouldn’t be in the title hunt next year but thanks for putting words in my mouth. My point was this was always USD’s year to really shine and next year I’m anticipating a tighter conference race.

Comment

Originally posted by AZjack View Post

think AJ may have met his match....so to speak. i think as long as DP is at USD, they are going to compete for SLC and a berth at the NCAA's. she is a very good coach. DP and the staff are doing a very nice job of recruiting.

Comment

Originally posted by dubldrible View Post
                think AJ may have met his match....so to speak. i think as long as DP is at USD, they are going to compete for SLC and a berth at the NCAA's. she is a very good coach. DP and the staff are doing a very nice job of recruiting.
                That is pretty much what I said in my previous post.

Comment

Now, if she could coach a win in the NCAA's , I'll agree

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                    Now, if she could coach a win in the NCAA's , I'll agree
                    She can save that win for when she leaves USD to coach somewhere in WI or MI

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post
                      She can save that win for when she leaves USD to coach somewhere in WI or MI
                      She's a good coach, she could get enticed away from USD, I agree.

Comment

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
                        She's a good coach, she could get enticed away from USD, I agree.
                        Having a female WBB coach is almost a requirement at many P5 schools so she will be on quite a few short lists. She is a very good coach and has built up the program from Amy Williams. Nebraska probably wouldn't mind a trade of the two.

Comment

Working...
                        X