Re: 2018-19 Basketball Schedule

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
    That should move the needle for SOS.
    We need to win some of those games.

Comment

Originally posted by Justwin View Post
      We need to win some of those games.
      We need more teams in the Summit to improve. Denver, WIU, and USD have shown strong intent. ORU seems to try. UNO, NDSU, & IPFW need to evaluate. UND is outside of what I have watched as a program. I also think the Jackrabbit WBB coaches were in a similar situation last year where some fans feared a losing record in the OOC schedule. While I would not predict a string of upsets, I would believe that there will be very competitive games leading to overall 8-5 or 9-4 OOC record. It could be better too.
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Mid Major poll out today, Jacks 2, Central Michigan 3, Buffalo 4, Drake 5, Green Bay 6, FGCU 8, usd 10,

Comment

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
          We need more teams in the Summit to improve. Denver, WIU, and USD have shown strong intent. ORU seems to try. UNO, NDSU, & IPFW need to evaluate. UND is outside of what I have watched as a program. I also think the Jackrabbit WBB coaches were in a similar situation last year where some fans feared a losing record in the OOC schedule. While I would not predict a string of upsets, I would believe that there will be very competitive games leading to overall 8-5 or 9-4 OOC record. It could be better too.
          The same thing can be said for the men.

In my opinion both the women and the men should run the table in the conference. The only way they lose is either they lost focus or, god forbid, we have an injury bug like the football team.

The women especially shouldn't really be challenged by anyone once we start playing the conference slate.
          -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post

In my opinion both the women and the men should run the table in the conference. The only way they lose is either they lost focus or, god forbid, we have an injury bug like the football team.

The women especially shouldn't really be challenged by anyone once we start playing the conference slate.
            usd in vermillion is always a tough game for both the men and women.

Comment

Really? You realize USD lost very little from last year too and swept us during the regular season. They always bring their best game against us. The rest of the Summit is going to be garbage I think.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
                Really? You realize USD lost very little from last year too and swept us during the regular season. They always bring their best game against us. The rest of the Summit is going to be garbage I think.
                This year's team is better than last year as long as they stay away from the injury bug. A 100% Myah Selland will be the difference. I don't think she played at all in the first game last year.

Comment

Run the table in conference....this is D-I college BB you are talking about here. Have a shot of whiskey and rethink that comment ;-)

Comment

USD did lose about the normal. Trimboli, Liveringhouse, and Bradley accounted for about 1/3 of minutes, scoring and rebounds. Although they still return the strength of both Arens and Ciara Duffy along with some very promising underclassmen. The yotes have played a long bench which keeps some experience returning. They will have a fairly difficult OOC which will get their lineup some experience prior to Summit. The yote women will be tough which could be another South Dakota final in the SLT.
                    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

I do think both teams have a chance to run the table but there are some questions.

Women- I think Myah was our third best player last season and we would have beat USD in Brookings with her healthy. We had her in Vermillion and lost that game so both teams were fairly equal. USD had Liveringhouse and Tramboli play out of their minds in both of the regular season games and they are gone this year. SDSU will miss Lexi and Ellie but they weren't as much of a difference makers as USD's duo.

Men- The men might have "the best team ever assembled at SDSU" but they aren't there, yet. Last night, they only had four players that are back from last years team. If/when Key comes back, they will have five returning starters (or just about for Key). They are all freshmen after those five. TJ is known as a recruiter so I think out of the seven players on the bench there should be 3 or 4 that will come through. As of now, they don't have much depth. I'm not feeling very good about Tuesday night but I hope I am wrong. The Summit League on the men's side doesn't have a USD women's team so the men have more wiggle room.

Comment

USD also adds an athletic 6-2 post that sat out last year as a transfer. That fills a hole in their roster from last year and might be a tool to attack a potential SDSU weak spot. They did lose three important role players though. Two of them were the types that seemed to add everyone’s favorite intangible “toughness” to the team. Can they replace that?

Put me down for WBB one Summit loss.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                          USD also adds an athletic 6-2 post that sat out last year as a transfer. That fills a hole in their roster from last year and might be a tool to attack a potential SDSU weak spot. They did lose three important role players though. Two of them were the types that seemed to add everyone’s favorite intangible “toughness” to the team. Can they replace that?

Put me down for WBB one Summit loss.
                          We certainly have the ability to go undefeated in league, but to say we won't be challenged is a little bold. The fact that we haven't won in Vermillion since the 2013-14 season makes that a difficult venue for us. And from what I have heard the Sjerven girl is legit, which gives USD at least one taller body to bang with us.

That being said, based off the two preseason games Larson/Selland have taken big steps forward. Burckhard looks good but still needs to work on her offensive game. Defensively she is quite impressive for so early in her career. The bench is good about 4 deep and then gets quite a bit worse from there.

I would put us down for one loss in Vermillion. I think maybe Denver gives us a bit of a game at their place, but still a double digit win. WIU really looks down and has be getting killed on the boards by lower level teams. Can't imagine how badly we will burn them there if they don't clean that up.

Comment

We certainly have the ability to go undefeated in league, but to say we won't be challenged is a little bold. The fact that we haven't won in Vermillion since the 2013-14 season makes that a difficult venue for us. And from what I have heard the Sjerven girl is legit, which gives USD at least one taller body to bang with us.

That being said, based off the two preseason games Larson/Selland have taken big steps forward. Burckhard looks good but still needs to work on her offensive game. Defensively she is quite impressive for so early in her career. The bench is good about 4 deep and then gets quite a bit worse from there.

I would put us down for one loss in Vermillion. I think maybe Denver gives us a bit of a game at their place, but still a double digit win. WIU really looks down and has be getting killed on the boards by lower level teams. Can't imagine how badly we will burn them there if they don't clean that up.
                            I can see how it comes off as being bold, but the bar these women have set in my mind is very high. I am surprised each time they lose a game to a team that isn't P5.

If everyone is healthy, I would say that the Jacks may have the top 3 players in the league. What makes that even more concerning for the opposition is that those 3 all play a different game. Selland is the athletic "3" that will cause matchup nightmares. Madison is the 3pt assassin, and Macy is...well Macy.

I just can't in good conscious "put us down" for a loss. Even the games against P5 schools I go in thinking that SDSU will win. It must be how Bizzun FB fans feel. It's a good feeling BTW

Comment

I can see how it comes off as being bold, but the bar these women have set in my mind is very high. I am surprised each time they lose a game to a team that isn't P5.

If everyone is healthy, I would say that the Jacks may have the top 3 players in the league. What makes that even more concerning for the opposition is that those 3 all play a different game. Selland is the athletic "3" that will cause matchup nightmares. Madison is the 3pt assassin, and Macy is...well Macy.

I just can't in good conscious "put us down" for a loss. Even the games against P5 schools I go in thinking that SDSU will win. It must be how Bizzun FB fans feel. It's a good feeling BTW
                              I have to agree with this. I wasn't able to go to last nights game, but, I saw that Sydney scored 5 points in just a few minutes. She caught my eye in the first game, where those points garbage points? IDK This team is now loaded with big, long, athletic women. Much more so than last year.

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
                                I have to agree with this. I wasn't able to go to last nights game, but, I saw that Sydney scored 5 points in just a few minutes. She caught my eye in the first game, where those points garbage points? IDK This team is now loaded with big, long, athletic women. Much more so than last year.
                                Rotation for most of the game was 9 deep. Bultsma was #10. Four freshmen (not including Burckhard) got in last 4 minutes.

Comment

Working...
                                X