X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackrabbit2012
    replied
    If we are throwing out dream scenarios, I would love to see Emma Ronsiek come play close to home for her last year. I feel like her skill set could come close to filling the void left by losing Myah. It would never happen, especially since it appears a majority of Creighton's roster returns next year. Are there any other former South Dakota players that could be in the same scenario as Dru last year?

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied
    Originally posted by OldHare View Post
    I would expect an incoming freshman to get an opportunity to make contributions next year. It may not be a P Meyer or Timmer influence, but it would not be out of the ordinary to have another B Meyer/Mathiowetz 5-15 minutes of solid play. Vlastuin could make some strides in defense and shooting to get some play as well. I am not certain where Nielsen or Byom will fit potentially for post play. Looking past those 2 as solid backups while looking for transfers could be short sighted. Gylten was a great addition for this team as the need for PG was urgent with Paige recovering. The stars for the portal do not always align to easily. If South Carolina/Notre Dame/etc backup posts get on the portal, it is likely Brookings SD is not on their radar for a grad year. Casio Jensen, Tagyn Larson, & Gylten all have previous ties to SD and/or were recruited by AJ prior to their first team. There may be a transfer out there who can check some boxes. I guess there is a small pool. With all that said, the next thing you know a grad transfer from a P5 tournament team who is 6'5" comes to Brookings.
    A post would be low on my wish list of portal possibilities. A wing player who can shoot the three and a back-up PG would be my priorities.

Leave a comment:

• OldHare
    replied
    I would expect an incoming freshman to get an opportunity to make contributions next year. It may not be a P Meyer or Timmer influence, but it would not be out of the ordinary to have another B Meyer/Mathiowetz 5-15 minutes of solid play. Vlastuin could make some strides in defense and shooting to get some play as well. I am not certain where Nielsen or Byom will fit potentially for post play. Looking past those 2 as solid backups while looking for transfers could be short sighted. Gylten was a great addition for this team as the need for PG was urgent with Paige recovering. The stars for the portal do not always align to easily. If South Carolina/Notre Dame/etc backup posts get on the portal, it is likely Brookings SD is not on their radar for a grad year. Casio Jensen, Tagyn Larson, & Gylten all have previous ties to SD and/or were recruited by AJ prior to their first team. There may be a transfer out there who can check some boxes. I guess there is a small pool. With all that said, the next thing you know a grad transfer from a P5 tournament team who is 6'5" comes to Brookings.

Leave a comment:

• jackdaniel
    replied
    Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

Well, i believe that i have written it multiple times these 3 will, most likely, be our leading scorers next year. i would not want to bet on which is 1 or 2 or 3. but like i said i believe she will be the most consistent scorer. that said i am not trying to lead the b meyer fan club or anything. i love this whole group of players and as far as scoring i wont be a bit surprised if either or both of paige or HT just by determination and aggressiveness wills themselves to lead the team in scoring or just lead in general. regardless who leads next year, i will be surprised if b meyer does not average at least 12 a game. i think all 3 of these could average over 12 a game next year and i also wont be surprised if one of them averages 18 or more

who leads in scoring and minutes, etc.... those are fun and interesting conversations. ultimately, however, what will really matter is what they do against the best OOC teams and in the ncaa. everything before the ncaa is close to practice games at this point for this team. hopefully those 3 or whoever leads us in scoring next year will be prepared for the ncaa. it will help that opponents will have to divide attention to those 3 or likely some GROUP of top scorers, as opposed to this year. hopefully carrying that role all year will have them ready for the end of the year. this year nobody was really ready to give myah much support in the scoring department

i dont think you can really throw out 15-25 like that is close to the same thing. if b meyer plays 15 minutes a game next year something has gone tragically wrong. 25 minutes on the other hand is pretty much what all of our starters have averaged for AJ entire time as HC with the few exceptions getting over 28. would be very interesting to go back to see who has ever averaged over 30. i dont know if macy ever averaged over 30. in warkenthien senior year when she led the team in FG%, FT%, points, rebounds, assists, blocks, and steals she played 26 minutes and change per game so 15 is horribly little for a player of her talent and 25 is basically the norm. HUGE difference

i am very familiar with NW IA basketball and know several coaches and multiple intelligent and experienced former players and observers of the game. the siouxland conference and NW IA basketball in general is very very high quality basketball and b meyer dominated. EVERY single person i spoke to said she is a stud!! i expect a BIG jump from her next year. that DOES NOT mean it automatically happens. i certainly have no control over it and plenty of things NOBODY can control, but if it does not happen, it means something went wrong in a big or bad or both way
    I think the biggest thing that Brooklyn had to adjust to last year was the athletic abiility, size , and in some of the cases, the quickness of the D1 players
    to react (reaction time) who defended, sometimes with help against her. I think this sped her up some , by trying to do what she did in HS, but being forced to do it faster, quicker and trying too soon to achieve similar results to her HS playing years. Most athletes do not score as many points in College as they did in HS, unless they are exceptional, maybe she will be. There is an adjustment playing against that level of athlete basically fresh out of HS. As she makes the adjustments, gets comfortable playing against these enhanced (compared to HS players) D1 players, she will show dramatic improvement I think .

I wouldn't want to put pressure on her as it takes time, some players do it quicker than others, but the vast majority figure it out and adjust, Kallie even went through this so she will be a good teacher to lean on for Brooklyn I suspect. She definitely has the raw talent to be a great player, and I think she will be. This team is pretty close I think, so she will get plenty of help and guidance, support from her teammates I'm sure, which she will undoubtedly pass on to future underclassmen post players, and the process repeats itself.

Leave a comment:

• LetsGoRabbits
    replied
    Originally posted by AZjack View Post
    B Meyer will not lead the team in scoring and likely 3rd. Timmer is my bet to lead the team in scoring along with P Meyer. B Meyer has a lot of work to do on her defense to be on the floor 15-25 minutes a game.
    Well, i believe that i have written it multiple times these 3 will, most likely, be our leading scorers next year. i would not want to bet on which is 1 or 2 or 3. but like i said i believe she will be the most consistent scorer. that said i am not trying to lead the b meyer fan club or anything. i love this whole group of players and as far as scoring i wont be a bit surprised if either or both of paige or HT just by determination and aggressiveness wills themselves to lead the team in scoring or just lead in general. regardless who leads next year, i will be surprised if b meyer does not average at least 12 a game. i think all 3 of these could average over 12 a game next year and i also wont be surprised if one of them averages 18 or more

who leads in scoring and minutes, etc.... those are fun and interesting conversations. ultimately, however, what will really matter is what they do against the best OOC teams and in the ncaa. everything before the ncaa is close to practice games at this point for this team. hopefully those 3 or whoever leads us in scoring next year will be prepared for the ncaa. it will help that opponents will have to divide attention to those 3 or likely some GROUP of top scorers, as opposed to this year. hopefully carrying that role all year will have them ready for the end of the year. this year nobody was really ready to give myah much support in the scoring department

i dont think you can really throw out 15-25 like that is close to the same thing. if b meyer plays 15 minutes a game next year something has gone tragically wrong. 25 minutes on the other hand is pretty much what all of our starters have averaged for AJ entire time as HC with the few exceptions getting over 28. would be very interesting to go back to see who has ever averaged over 30. i dont know if macy ever averaged over 30. in warkenthien senior year when she led the team in FG%, FT%, points, rebounds, assists, blocks, and steals she played 26 minutes and change per game so 15 is horribly little for a player of her talent and 25 is basically the norm. HUGE difference

i am very familiar with NW IA basketball and know several coaches and multiple intelligent and experienced former players and observers of the game. the siouxland conference and NW IA basketball in general is very very high quality basketball and b meyer dominated. EVERY single person i spoke to said she is a stud!! i expect a BIG jump from her next year. that DOES NOT mean it automatically happens. i certainly have no control over it and plenty of things NOBODY can control, but if it does not happen, it means something went wrong in a big or bad or both way

Leave a comment:

• AZjack
    replied
    B Meyer will not lead the team in scoring and likely 3rd. Timmer is my bet to lead the team in scoring along with P Meyer. B Meyer has a lot of work to do on her defense to be on the floor 15-25 minutes a game.

Leave a comment:

• LetsGoRabbits
    replied
    Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

I see the starting line-up being Kallie in the post, Nelson continuing to play the 4, and 3 guards - Paige, Timmer, and most likely Mathiowetz based on playing time at the end of the season. That line-up spreads the floor and opens up Meyer and Timmer to drive to the basket, which they seemed to do more of at the end of the season. Starting two bigs plus Nelson is going to plug up the driving lanes and make us easier to defend. A transfer wing player who can shoot from distance would be the ideal addition. Theisen and B. Meyer will play a lot together, but I think the offensive flow will be better with Meyer coming off the bench like Kallie did this year.
    YES i can see that possibility
    and i also agree that i think maddie m is the most likely to break into the startiing group. that would be easily the shortest starting lineup we have had in quite a while. and none of the starting perimeter players 6 feet tall would be interesting to look back when the last time that happen. i am not going to close the door on ellie or maddie v having a shot but i agree maddie m seems most likely.. if maddie v can put it together her height is VERY useful!!

i am gonna try to not go into everything here but the long short is i just think we are NOT going to want either Kallie or Brooklyn off the floor much. kallie more than proved this year she NEEDS and DESERVES to be on the floor a LOT more next year. i totally understand WHY she did not play more this year but she really deserved more minutes and we needed her in the biggest games

and i am not going to make any guarantee that brooklyn leads us in scoring next year but i DO think she will very likely be our most consistent offensive threat and MIGHT BE the most talented player on the roster. i am not going to be even a TINY bit surprised if she just dominates next year. if her role is anywhere near the 16 minutes kallie averaged this year. if she comes off the bench that is one thing but if she is not one of our top 3 scorers next year the most likely scenario is something very bad happened

again i think what you said is possible. i have mentioned Tori starting at the 4 several times, but i just think we are going to need both kallie and brooklyn on the floor and there are definitely ways to make offense work with 2 posts and you CAN drive successfully with 2 posts. AJ can definitely coach that scenario.. finally if Tori shoots under 25% from 3 again next year she is not gonna take a defender out of the lane no matter where she plays so that kind of nullifies the scenario you are pointing out anyway
    Last edited by LetsGoRabbits; 03-26-2023, 02:23 AM.

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied
    Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

In continuation of this conversation, i first want to say that i think our starting 5 will be very good next year and depending on work, determination, and improvement we have a chance to go 9 or more deep with quality players

i know i have said it a lot but you if you were forced to bet on starting 5, most minutes etc, you have to go with:
    Kallie
    Brooklyn
    Tori
    Timmie
    Paige

gotta think UNLESS we get a transfer Mesa gets time backing up the posts
    OR we use Tori as the backup post and some combination of Maddie M, Ellie, and Maddie V gets most of the backup minutes

if i were forced to guess which player might be most likely to supplant one of the obvious starters for next year, i would say Maddie M or Ellie

I hope i am wrong but i do not think Hillary will be ready to contribute next year. i guess a likely redshirt but am happy to be wrong and dont mean to say it is impossible she plays. but i would guess Hopp is closer to ready to contribute

I really dont think either of them is the equal of Brooklyn or our freshman guards from this year but they will have a much greater opportunity to play based on NOT having 2 of the top 5 scorers in program history and a former pac 12 assist leader taking time ahead of them.

that is how i see the roster and pt breaking down next year I think they will win the summit with ndsu the biggest threat unless there significant transfer changes in league rosters. to be a threat to win ncaa game or more many to all of the top 5-8 players will need to step up!!! and i think many of them have potential to do it

i think i can illustrate what our team lacked this year as well as what we need next year by comparing this years team to our final 16 team from 2019

i want to begin by saying I think Myah had a great tournament and really ended her career in an amazing way. i believe in her final 2 games she really showed those who may doubt her what a special player she has been. sometimes we might have wanted her to take over more, but she was never gonna be that player. she was team all the way and she did everything she could to help her teammates improve and be the best they could be

i think she showed against USC that she could have put up more points the last two years if she would have been more selfish and looked more aggressively for her own shot, but that was never the best thing for the team. but in the last 2 games when mostly everyone else really struggled she showed that she could still score even against the best competition

EXACTLY like Macy in the 2019 ncaa she did not shoot a great percentage with good defenders and teams geared to make her life difficult, but she still scored and contributed in other ways to do all she could to lead her team

that is gonna be the first thing we need next year. there is no obvious choice to be next years macy or myah even when they could not play because of injuries one of those 2 has been the leader of this program pretty much since 2016- macy may not have been the unquestioned leader as a freshman (we had another all time great waytashek) but she certainly showed she was gonna be. WHO will do that job now?? i honestly feel like everyone of the 5 i list as starters has the ability to take that roll for next year. i have kind of a rank in my mind but i will leave it at that

we will have to see if someone steps up / into that role or will it be more by committee

i still absolutely think we were very close to beating VT, but a bit more help from supporting cast certainly could have helped

FOR INSTANCE
    look at the help our supporting cast gave Macy in 2019

in the 2019 ncaas Myah was a sophomore and probably our third option maybe 4th for the year (but i do think plenty of people could see by the end of that year that she was our second best player)

first game
    4 of 9, 16 pts (macy 28 like i said her and myah this year almost identical), 9 boards (macy 11), 4 assists (team lead)

2nd game
    7 of 14, 17pts, 8 boards (macy 10), 5 assists tie macy for team lead

macy had 11 pts this one
    mady shot 6 of 12 with 6 3s and 20 pts (she was 2 of 6 and 1 of 9 in the other 2ncaa games, but huge in this win over syracuse on THEIR home floor)

3rd game vs 2 seed oregon in oregon (team with 4 first round wnba picks and the other would have been but quit BB after college)

6 of 17, 13 pts, 5 boards, and 4 assists (she led or tied for the lead in assists in all 3 ncaa games)

macy had 21 and 8 boards (PG led us in rebounds all 3 games) nobody else had more than 7pts that game

2019 NCAA tournament 3 game average for Myah
    15.3 points, 7.3 rebounds, 4.3 assists and shot 42.5% from the field

Kallie was easily our best player besides Myah
    USC- 10 boards, 6 pts, 2 blocks, 3 steals
    VT- 7 boards, 8 pts, 1 block, 2 steals
    2 game average

7 pts, 8.5 boards, 1.5 blocks

Paige FG% was good, but she really did all of her scoring in a 9pt burst in the first half USC, FT line, 3rd Q burst against VT
    also 8 TOs and only 3 assists

Timmer had 8 boards and 3 steals against USC and a nice little burst i think 8 pts in Q3 vs VT but 6 for 26 FG and 1 for 7 from 3 and 6 TO for the 2 games

(remember paige is barely a year past major injury. i believe these 2 learn from this and come back with a vengeance next year, but to those who thought they already started to take over this team, you can see how special Myah really was and they did not do close to what she did as sophomores in the ncaa)

Tori played mostly good D and had decent stats vs VT. Paiton played hard but was statistically invisible

nobody came close to giving support to Myah this year that Macy got in 2019

as i said in a previous post, i believe we could have beaten VT with almost zero improvement on offense (make a couple easy missed layups and some FTs) by just playing our normal defense in the 2nd quarter, giving up less 3s, and giving up less offensive boards. that is ABSOLUTELY TRUE and i do believe those will be a lot of AJ focus going forward.

I REALLY REALLY hope many of us understand this!!! even with almost no contribution on offense EXCEPT MYAH we were very close to going to the sweet 16 (seriously take away 1-3 of their TWELVE 3s, take away a couple offensive boards, make 2 layups and 2 FTs and we are moving on) believe me i know all about coulda, shoulda, woulda but i just feel like a lot of people dont realize how close we were

but i also think we showed in 2019 that we can win multiple ncaa games if we can get a bit more help from players other than our star and that is also the way AJ prefers to play. he recruits players who want to be part of a team and who win as a team and has also never been overly reliant on 3s. he prefers to have multiple players be a threat as opposed to one gunslinger. if we have anything like a 3pt gunslinger on this team next year i have to guess it is Maddie M or maybe Maddie V. i think Timmie could be our leading scorer and she will hit plenty of 3s but i dont see her making a lot more than the 50 she made this year

I see the starting line-up being Kallie in the post, Nelson continuing to play the 4, and 3 guards - Paige, Timmer, and most likely Mathiowetz based on playing time at the end of the season. That line-up spreads the floor and opens up Meyer and Timmer to drive to the basket, which they seemed to do more of at the end of the season. Starting two bigs plus Nelson is going to plug up the driving lanes and make us easier to defend. A transfer wing player who can shoot from distance would be the ideal addition. Theisen and B. Meyer will play a lot together, but I think the offensive flow will be better with Meyer coming off the bench like Kallie did this year.

Leave a comment:

• 73alum
    replied
    Great comments on what to expect next year. Yes, Myah can take over a game esp. what she did against USC. But, I think the ‘committee’ approach is great. The Jack’s have the experience to have a number of girls at any one time to make that play or plays.

Going to be very interesting to see what AJ does about possible grad transfer(s). I would think if he doesn’t make a move that he thinks the team is fine as is. I just have a feeling he might try 1-2 transfers. What does the team have to lose…they are tight knit and the goal is the NCAA Tourney again!!

Wasn’t sure about Fox being injured so that’s I’m sure the main reason being 2nd team!

LGR…not at all sure what your ambition in life is or was but you must have a bunch of awards for ‘top dog analyst’!!!!

Leave a comment:

• SteelSD
    replied
    Originally posted by 73alum View Post
    2024 Class:

I believe Abdouch, Vasecka and Sheppard are 1st Team All-State. Fox got pushed to 2nd team maybe most likely due to Koupal the Wagner Fr. being an All-Stater. Dunn is 2nd Team All-State. In 2022 all these girls except Dunn had 39 to 70 3 pointers starting with Sheppard and ending with Fox. Excellent potential here!
    Class A in SD was absolutely loaded this year. Five of the 6 players on that list are going to play DI ball with Wadsworth being the only exception. The 2nd team includes 1 D1 player and possibly a 2nd in Brooke Jensen. Fox being on the 2nd team was a combination of the talent in that class combined with her missing part of the year with an injury. Her numbers were down a bit this year as well, again likley due to the injury.

Leave a comment:

• LetsGoRabbits
    replied
    Originally posted by 73alum View Post
    There has been talk on here about 3 pt. shooting for next year:

Good players usually show marked improvement one year to the next and I expect that from Paige and Haleigh esp. going from Soph to Jr. That's maybe some due to maturity and of course natural ability. Tori will most likely have improvement in multiple areas as her role probably expands. Kallie will be the monster around the basket and Brooklyn probably will do the same. And Kallie is 100% 3 pt. shooter?? She shot and made her first one against VT or am I wrong?

Some info. from our incoming 2 girls..2023 class...I haven't found info yet for 2023 3 pt shooting
    on these girls but have some from 2022:

Behrens...Co-POY...2023 with Abdouch our 2024 recruit. 2022...Behrens shot 41% from 3pt. As a guard she scores, rebounds, assists and steals.

Hopp...1st team 4A ...All-State...Iowa. I believe 1st team All-State for 3 years. Plays all over the court. I saw info. a month or so ago that she was averaging 26 pts and over 14 rebounds, plus assists and steals. I thought the rebounds were a misprint, but no, she is a monster here! I haven't seen any info on her 3 pt shooting.

2024 Class:

I believe Abdouch, Vasecka and Sheppard are 1st Team All-State. Fox got pushed to 2nd team maybe most likely due to Koupal the Wagner Fr. being an All-Stater. Dunn is 2nd Team All-State. In 2022 all these girls except Dunn had 39 to 70 3 pointers starting with Sheppard and ending with Fox. Excellent potential here!

In continuation of this conversation, i first want to say that i think our starting 5 will be very good next year and depending on work, determination, and improvement we have a chance to go 9 or more deep with quality players

i know i have said it a lot but you if you were forced to bet on starting 5, most minutes etc, you have to go with:
    Kallie
    Brooklyn
    Tori
    Timmie
    Paige

gotta think UNLESS we get a transfer Mesa gets time backing up the posts
    OR we use Tori as the backup post and some combination of Maddie M, Ellie, and Maddie V gets most of the backup minutes

if i were forced to guess which player might be most likely to supplant one of the obvious starters for next year, i would say Maddie M or Ellie

I hope i am wrong but i do not think Hillary will be ready to contribute next year. i guess a likely redshirt but am happy to be wrong and dont mean to say it is impossible she plays. but i would guess Hopp is closer to ready to contribute

I really dont think either of them is the equal of Brooklyn or our freshman guards from this year but they will have a much greater opportunity to play based on NOT having 2 of the top 5 scorers in program history and a former pac 12 assist leader taking time ahead of them.

that is how i see the roster and pt breaking down next year I think they will win the summit with ndsu the biggest threat unless there significant transfer changes in league rosters. to be a threat to win ncaa game or more many to all of the top 5-8 players will need to step up!!! and i think many of them have potential to do it

i think i can illustrate what our team lacked this year as well as what we need next year by comparing this years team to our final 16 team from 2019

i want to begin by saying I think Myah had a great tournament and really ended her career in an amazing way. i believe in her final 2 games she really showed those who may doubt her what a special player she has been. sometimes we might have wanted her to take over more, but she was never gonna be that player. she was team all the way and she did everything she could to help her teammates improve and be the best they could be

i think she showed against USC that she could have put up more points the last two years if she would have been more selfish and looked more aggressively for her own shot, but that was never the best thing for the team. but in the last 2 games when mostly everyone else really struggled she showed that she could still score even against the best competition

EXACTLY like Macy in the 2019 ncaa she did not shoot a great percentage with good defenders and teams geared to make her life difficult, but she still scored and contributed in other ways to do all she could to lead her team

that is gonna be the first thing we need next year. there is no obvious choice to be next years macy or myah even when they could not play because of injuries one of those 2 has been the leader of this program pretty much since 2016- macy may not have been the unquestioned leader as a freshman (we had another all time great waytashek) but she certainly showed she was gonna be. WHO will do that job now?? i honestly feel like everyone of the 5 i list as starters has the ability to take that roll for next year. i have kind of a rank in my mind but i will leave it at that

we will have to see if someone steps up / into that role or will it be more by committee

i still absolutely think we were very close to beating VT, but a bit more help from supporting cast certainly could have helped

FOR INSTANCE
    look at the help our supporting cast gave Macy in 2019

in the 2019 ncaas Myah was a sophomore and probably our third option maybe 4th for the year (but i do think plenty of people could see by the end of that year that she was our second best player)

first game
    4 of 9, 16 pts (macy 28 like i said her and myah this year almost identical), 9 boards (macy 11), 4 assists (team lead)

2nd game
    7 of 14, 17pts, 8 boards (macy 10), 5 assists tie macy for team lead

macy had 11 pts this one
    mady shot 6 of 12 with 6 3s and 20 pts (she was 2 of 6 and 1 of 9 in the other 2ncaa games, but huge in this win over syracuse on THEIR home floor)

3rd game vs 2 seed oregon in oregon (team with 4 first round wnba picks and the other would have been but quit BB after college)

6 of 17, 13 pts, 5 boards, and 4 assists (she led or tied for the lead in assists in all 3 ncaa games)

macy had 21 and 8 boards (PG led us in rebounds all 3 games) nobody else had more than 7pts that game

2019 NCAA tournament 3 game average for Myah
    15.3 points, 7.3 rebounds, 4.3 assists and shot 42.5% from the field

Kallie was easily our best player besides Myah
    USC- 10 boards, 6 pts, 2 blocks, 3 steals
    VT- 7 boards, 8 pts, 1 block, 2 steals
    2 game average

7 pts, 8.5 boards, 1.5 blocks

Paige FG% was good, but she really did all of her scoring in a 9pt burst in the first half USC, FT line, 3rd Q burst against VT
    also 8 TOs and only 3 assists

Timmer had 8 boards and 3 steals against USC and a nice little burst i think 8 pts in Q3 vs VT but 6 for 26 FG and 1 for 7 from 3 and 6 TO for the 2 games

(remember paige is barely a year past major injury. i believe these 2 learn from this and come back with a vengeance next year, but to those who thought they already started to take over this team, you can see how special Myah really was and they did not do close to what she did as sophomores in the ncaa)

Tori played mostly good D and had decent stats vs VT. Paiton played hard but was statistically invisible

nobody came close to giving support to Myah this year that Macy got in 2019

as i said in a previous post, i believe we could have beaten VT with almost zero improvement on offense (make a couple easy missed layups and some FTs) by just playing our normal defense in the 2nd quarter, giving up less 3s, and giving up less offensive boards. that is ABSOLUTELY TRUE and i do believe those will be a lot of AJ focus going forward.

I REALLY REALLY hope many of us understand this!!! even with almost no contribution on offense EXCEPT MYAH we were very close to going to the sweet 16 (seriously take away 1-3 of their TWELVE 3s, take away a couple offensive boards, make 2 layups and 2 FTs and we are moving on) believe me i know all about coulda, shoulda, woulda but i just feel like a lot of people dont realize how close we were

but i also think we showed in 2019 that we can win multiple ncaa games if we can get a bit more help from players other than our star and that is also the way AJ prefers to play. he recruits players who want to be part of a team and who win as a team and has also never been overly reliant on 3s. he prefers to have multiple players be a threat as opposed to one gunslinger. if we have anything like a 3pt gunslinger on this team next year i have to guess it is Maddie M or maybe Maddie V. i think Timmie could be our leading scorer and she will hit plenty of 3s but i dont see her making a lot more than the 50 she made this year

Leave a comment:

• 98Jackfarmer
    replied
    Kallie airballed a 3 at Frost. She also made one the next game at Frost. It was during the conference season, but too lazy to look it up. Hell, it might have been the same game.

Leave a comment:

• 73alum
    replied
    There has been talk on here about 3 pt. shooting for next year:

Good players usually show marked improvement one year to the next and I expect that from Paige and Haleigh esp. going from Soph to Jr. That's maybe some due to maturity and of course natural ability. Tori will most likely have improvement in multiple areas as her role probably expands. Kallie will be the monster around the basket and Brooklyn probably will do the same. And Kallie is 100% 3 pt. shooter?? She shot and made her first one against VT or am I wrong?

Some info. from our incoming 2 girls..2023 class...I haven't found info yet for 2023 3 pt shooting
    on these girls but have some from 2022:

Behrens...Co-POY...2023 with Abdouch our 2024 recruit. 2022...Behrens shot 41% from 3pt. As a guard she scores, rebounds, assists and steals.

Hopp...1st team 4A ...All-State...Iowa. I believe 1st team All-State for 3 years. Plays all over the court. I saw info. a month or so ago that she was averaging 26 pts and over 14 rebounds, plus assists and steals. I thought the rebounds were a misprint, but no, she is a monster here! I haven't seen any info on her 3 pt shooting.

2024 Class:

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied
    Originally posted by salemjack View Post

She looked bigger than 6 foot which is what she is listed at…
    I've seen her listed somewhere as 6'1, and she looked to be every bit of that.

Leave a comment:

• salemjack
    replied
    Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
    Watched parts of a couple of Jefferson's games and was impressed with Jaidyn Dunn. Moved really well for a post player. Made the AA all-tournament team along with Abdouch.
    She looked bigger than 6 foot which is what she is listed at…

Leave a comment:

Working...
X