X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SteelSD
    replied
    Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
    Hopefully we have made a few calls. Hottinger from Lehigh would be a nice addition. Minnesota girl who got to experience playing in Frost this last year.
    Article that ties FH to Kallie Thiesen.

Meet the 2019 Star Tribune All-Metro first team (mngirlsbasketballhub.com)

I'm all for making this happen. I'm curious if we ever offered Hottinger in HS.

Leave a comment:

• OldHare
    replied
    Darian White from Montana State has entered the portal. Has one year of eligibility. Would give us a nice 1-2 punch at PG with Paige Meyer. Uber athletic player with nice quickness and handles. Not a great 3 point shooter but can really get downhill.
    It would seem likely if someone came in from the portal that a 1 year player is the answer. I will need to look back, but it seems that there is always a freshman that is a contributor.

Leave a comment:

• SteelSD
    replied
    Darian White from Montana State has entered the portal. Has one year of eligibility. Would give us a nice 1-2 punch at PG with Paige Meyer. Uber athletic player with nice quickness and handles. Not a great 3 point shooter but can really get downhill.

Leave a comment:

• GrandpaLee
    replied

QUOTED from Jackdaniel:
    "Lauren Ware is a 3yr eligibility transfer, that messes up our roster for '24 - '25 where we have a full 15 for that season. Unless there's some kind of work-around. Right behind her listed at # 18 is Frannie Hottinger Lehigh, a senior with 1 covid yr of eligibility left, from Minn, a 6'1" F who last season scored 20.4ppg, 9.7 rpg in the Patriot League. "

The transfer portal is filling up with good-to-great-players with "eye candy" credentials. However, if WARE or any other multi-year transfer hits our roster, Pandora's Box opens.

Would the five SD Attack teammates all sign their SDSU NLI this November ? Poaching is a real possibility.

Would the current roster remain intact?

Still, we need more than 12 players next season, right? AJ is walking a tightrope.

Leave a comment:

• OldHare
    replied
    Lexi Donarski from the Iowa State WBB is in the portal. She is 6' guard/wing. She played 35+ minutes/game with about 32% 3pt average.

Leave a comment:

• jackdaniel
    replied
    Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

Saw that ESPN ranks her as the 17th best player in the portal. She will likely draw bigger offers than the Summit schools that have been mentioned. Sounds like she missed all of this season with a knee injury.
    Lauren Ware is a 3yr eligibility transfer, that messes up our roster for '24 - '25 where we have a full 15 for that season. Unless there's some kind of work-around. Right behind her listed at # 18 is Frannie Hottinger Lehigh, a senior with 1 covid yr of eligibility left, from Minn, a 6'1" F who last season scored 20.4ppg, 9.7 rpg in the Patriot League. You might recall, we played against her and Lehigh early in our season which we won 91- 73. She was Lehigh's top scorer in that game with 25 pts. To me she would fit much better and would make more sense for next season and then our roster would return to normal afterward.

I don't know if AJ would feel the same way or not, and, I don't know if offered she would accept. Who wouldn't take Lauren Ware for 3 yrs, but I don't know how we could unless, as I've mentioned , there's some kind of work around to not mess up our roster for '24- '25 . I now see I'm a little late with this post, just noticed SteelSD already posted about her, my bad.

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied
    Hopefully we have made a few calls. Hottinger from Lehigh would be a nice addition. Minnesota girl who got to experience playing in Frost this last year.
    ESPN has her ranked in the top five portal players. You have to think that Dawn is going hard after her being a Minnesota native.

Leave a comment:

• SteelSD
    replied

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied
    Originally posted by Hip2daHop View Post
    Former Bismarck ND 6’5 in portal from Arizona…. Lauren Ware
    Saw that ESPN ranks her as the 17th best player in the portal. She will likely draw bigger offers than the Summit schools that have been mentioned. Sounds like she missed all of this season with a knee injury.

Leave a comment:

• jackdaniel
    replied
    Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

Thank goodness it didn't become a Fatal Attraction
    Ha, thank goodness

Leave a comment:

• jakejc795
    replied
    Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post

thks..... that was a Close call
    Thank goodness it didn't become a Fatal Attraction

Leave a comment:

• jackdaniel
    replied
    Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

FIFY; Glenn was too busy with Baba Yaga
    thks..... that was a Close call

Leave a comment:

• jakejc795
    replied
    Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
    I was thinking about her, even though it would be a stretch to go from P-5 to mid-5 (we are a high mid-major I think we've earned that distinction). The connection to her would be the time AJ & Cori Close of UCLA coached that group of young women from the USA National U19 to the Championship in the U19 2021 World Cup. That team had a loaded roster, I'm sure AJ would take anyone off that roster. It's a brief time I know, but it is a connection. Both UND and Bison have their heart set on her though, I don't know if they'd have a chance or not.

I wonder if AJ is next in line to be the coach of the next USA National team in the next World Cup, he was one of Close's assistants in 2021 the other being Joni Taylor, if he'd want to do that given the chance to.
    FIFY; Glenn was too busy with Baba Yaga

Leave a comment:

• rimmer
    replied
    she's had injuries.....plus, read where there might be some parental issues there too. not sure it's a good fit. the height is no doubt an issue if you want to advance in the NCAA's. height and wide body.

Leave a comment:

• jackdaniel
    replied
    I was thinking about her, even though it would be a stretch to go from P-5 to mid-5 (we are a high mid-major I think we've earned that distinction). The connection to her would be the time AJ & Cori Close of UCLA coached that group of young women from the USA National U19 to the Championship in the U19 2021 World Cup. That team had a loaded roster, I'm sure AJ would take anyone off that roster. It's a brief time I know, but it is a connection. Both UND and Bison have their heart set on her though, I don't know if they'd have a chance or not.

I wonder if AJ is next in line to be the coach of the next USA National team in the next World Cup, he was one of Close's assistants in 2021 the other being Joni Taylor, if he'd want to do that given the chance to.
    Last edited by jackdaniel; 03-29-2023, 09:51 AM.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X