X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 76JACK
    replied
    Re: 2016-2017 Schedule

Didn't know where to put this. Does anyone know when single game tickets go on sale?

Leave a comment:

• 2002jack
    replied

BCS men's basketball teams will never travel to play a mid-major. They and ESPN are determined to ruin sports.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• JACKGUYII
    replied
    Re: Oklahoma vs Jacks 2016

Nice to see UND on the schedule in December. I imagine they will be at Frost next year. Is this the first we have played them since Travis Brewster became the head coach? I also noticed Iowa is going to Grand Forks for a game.

Leave a comment:

• jackdaniel
    replied

I think our toughest games will be against Louisville,Oklahoma, Iowa,all basically at their place.UNI was really good last year,but were mostly seniors,they might be down a little.Green Bay,Creighton,George Washington will all be tough games,I've always wanted us to face George Washington ,who have been ranked and highly regarded in the not too distant past,and they probably still are.The rest are pretty good opponents,agree Ark Pine Bluff will probably be the easiest opponent,but they aren't quite as bad as they used to be (9-21),they seem to be improving slightly,they never used to be able to beat anyone,think how Centenary used to be.Good schedule.

Interesting tidbit on GW University,they've been to the NCAA tournament 16 times,six times as automatic qualifier for winning the A-10,ten times they received an at-large bid to the tournament. They've been to the second round and beyond 12 times,suggesting that they were legit at-large picks or auto bid entrants,although they have received a pretty decent seed in all their appearances,and no one would argue against the fact that the road gets easier the higher the seed you get,genarally speaking that is. They've made it to the second round eight times,the sweet 16 three times and once to the elite 8.Pretty good legacy they've created there. Link : http://www.gwsports.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/031416aad.html
    Last edited by jackdaniel; 08-06-2016, 01:35 AM.

Leave a comment:

• rabidrabbit
    replied

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
    Looking forward to the potential game at the Iowa tournament against the Hawkeyes. Also, Arkansas Pine-Bluff, GB, Creighton, and George Washington at home aren't bad match ups either.
    Ark-PB is the only one I see as a "bought" game. The Lions are a low performer in the SWAC conference. Happy to see old NCC challengers, UND, UNI on the schedule, both have done well in the past season. Good to see Wichita St. on the schedule, both men's and women's teams.

Leave a comment:

• YanktonJack7
    replied

Looking forward to the potential game at the Iowa tournament against the Hawkeyes. Also, Arkansas Pine-Bluff, GB, Creighton, and George Washington at home aren't bad match ups either.

Leave a comment:

• jacks1
    replied

http://www.gojacks.com/schedule.aspx?path=wbball

Leave a comment:

• SidelineObserver
    replied
    Re: 2016-17 Schedule

Originally posted by rabidrabbit View Post
    Really pumped to make the 3 hr trek up I-35, to catch the Jacks vs Sooners 11/23! (Better Filbert? )
    Ready to make the 35 minute trek down I-35 to catch the Jacks right before Thanksgiving!

Leave a comment:

• rabidrabbit
    replied
    Re: 2016-17 Schedule

Really pumped to make the 3 hr trek up I-35, to catch the Jacks vs Sooners 11/23! (Better Filbert? )

Leave a comment:

• filbert
    replied
    2016-17 Schedule

Based on info found, there are 72 teams of U16-17 WBB teams playing in Atlanta 7/23-25. That would explain the trip to Atlanta, which has not been a great source of SDSU WBB team members.
    My thread merge had the inadvertent unanticipated result of allowing thread drift . . . ah, well . . .

Leave a comment:

• JamesJacks
    replied

Based on info found, there are 72 teams of U16-17 WBB teams playing in Atlanta 7/23-25. That would explain the trip to Atlanta, which has not been a great source of SDSU WBB team members.
    Teams from the midwest area where SDSU recruits out of are competing in tournaments all over the country during the July viewing period, including Atlanta.

Leave a comment:

• rabidrabbit
    replied

Leave a comment:

• jackdaniel
    replied

Originally posted by RochJack69 View Post
    Wonder if they have any definite targets, or a list of possibilities. Maybe some tournament. Have no idea how that works. Imagine they feel they have to make an appearance.
    Evaluate players who can fit our system,is contact allowed?Early ID and establishing a relationship in said player of interest plays a huge part in finding success in recruiting.

There's been talk of mandating (sp?) a self imposed requirement of P-5 schools to honor a four year scholarship commitment upon signing a LOI,instead of 1 yr at a time.I find this interesting coming from them ,as they seem to me the biggest offenders in dropping players to free up scholarships, so it almost seems like a reform movement rather than something new.

If things trend that way,which i think they should,it will become even more crucial when recruiting,to find the players who will fit in and will be around the whole time of their eligibility.We pretty much do that now,loyalty is pretty much a two way street here,and it has to be to give the recruits the sense of security they need to succeed,and the coaching staff the stability they need.It's a win,win for both parties.
    Last edited by jackdaniel; 07-25-2016, 01:04 AM.

Leave a comment:

• RochJack69
    replied

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
    As a sidenote to the games on the schedule for the WBB, the coaches are twittering their recruiting trail for this weekend as 4 coaches are on the road this week. These schedules may find some interest in the Jackrabbits by the young talent.
    https://twitter.com/gojackswbb
    Wonder if they have any definite targets, or a list of possibilities. Maybe some tournament. Have no idea how that works. Imagine they feel they have to make an appearance.

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
    As a sidenote to the games on the schedule for the WBB, the coaches are twittering their recruiting trail for this weekend as 4 coaches are on the road this week. These schedules may find some interest in the Jackrabbits by the young talent.
    https://twitter.com/gojackswbb
    It can only get better.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X