• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OldHare
    replied
    Re: WNIT,What's it mean?

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
    From the WNIT website:
    The host site for each game is selected by the WNIT committee based on several factors such as fan base, host bids, facility availability, tournament seed, travel constraints, etc. A team's desire or ability to host or not to host has absolutely no bearing on that team being chosen for the 64-team field.

If UTEP wins I think the Jacks are hitting the road...
    At 10pm tonight, we should know the home court for the semifinal game. It is likely we could be surprised again tonight where the Jackrabbits play. Go Jacks!!

Leave a comment:

• jacks1
    replied

From the WNIT website:
    The host site for each game is selected by the WNIT committee based on several factors such as fan base, host bids, facility availability, tournament seed, travel constraints, etc. A team's desire or ability to host or not to host has absolutely no bearing on that team being chosen for the 64-team field.

If UTEP wins I think the Jacks are hitting the road...

Leave a comment:

• jacks1
    replied

UTEP is expecting a crowd of 10,000 plus tomorrow. We need to pull for Washington to win.

Leave a comment:

• MontanaRabbit
    replied

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
    Officials, on site assistance, travel arrangements and assistance with cost. This is NOT a NCAA event, this is a TCS event. If TCS doesn't sponsor it doesn't happen.

I have it on good word that the Jacks will likely host again if they can win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Im confident the Jacks are gonna win.

Leave a comment:

• jackmd
    replied

Originally posted by slosho View Post
    think about it. what does triple crown do? A: not much beyond telling who to play who where, and collecting checks. I have nothing against them, but for the money they must take in, woah. It has to practically be a license to print money.
    Officials, on site assistance, travel arrangements and assistance with cost. This is NOT a NCAA event, this is a TCS event. If TCS doesn't sponsor it doesn't happen.

I have it on good word that the Jacks will likely host again if they can win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• OldHare
    replied

The price for the 2007 WNIT at Frost were $11 for adults and $5 for students.

Leave a comment:

• jackdaniel
    replied

Originally posted by slosho View Post
    think about it. what does triple crown do? A: not much beyond relying who to play who where, and collecting checks. I have nothing against them, but for the money they must take in, woah. It has to practically be a license to print money.
    Poor ole NCAA doesn't make anything..........J/k

Leave a comment:

• slosho
    replied

think about it. what does triple crown do? A: not much beyond telling who to play who where, and collecting checks. I have nothing against them, but for the money they must take in, woah. It has to practically be a license to print money.
    Last edited by slosho; 03-29-2014, 02:14 PM.

Leave a comment:

• OldHare
    replied

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
    Can a school with deep pockets just buy the home court game,regardless of ticket revenue if they would choose to do so? Or can't the bid be more than the sales revenue from ticket sales.

At some point,you have to figure you're definately getting more than your moneys worth,as long as you keep winning and the prize gets closer and closer and the program benefits tremendously long term also.
    That is what happens for the conference tourney in Sioux Falls.. Triple Crown Sports is only interested in the bid. I would not think they care if it is subsidized by a donor/sponsor.

Leave a comment:

• jackdaniel
    replied

Can a school with deep pockets just buy the home court game,regardless of ticket revenue if they would choose to do so? Or can't the bid be more than the sales revenue from ticket sales.

At some point,you have to figure you're definately getting more than your moneys worth,as long as you keep winning and the prize gets closer and closer and the program benefits tremendously long term also.

Leave a comment:

• Chains
    replied

Originally posted by OldHare View Post
    I am not sure how it is decided, but they had announced the game for Sunday before the teams cleared the floor. It would have been quick decisions for anyone to adjust the bids that quick.

Not a difficult call at all. Whatever committe making the call knew we had the bid before the Jacks game was over. So, if the Jacks won they knew we would get the bid. The game between IU and Northwestern was over before the Jacks - Gopher game. Win and host. I think its as simple as that. Bids - I don't believe are adjusted. Once there in prior to that round its set in stone. Put another 4,000 plus fans in the seats at $20.00 a ticket and I would think we have a great chance at hosting again - if we would be so fortunate to win.

GBGBGJ

Leave a comment:

• jackdaniel
    replied

I think our plan must have been to charge $20.00 to ensure the home court as long as we keep winning.Otherwise,it wouldn't make sense if the only consideration is attendence,you'd want a lower ticket price to increase attendance numbers.I think it's a good plan,and we have great fans to support the team here.Besides, we don't have the population to compete strickly by attendance numbers with some areas of the country, and our facility only holds so many people.It's a good plan.

Leave a comment:

• jackmd
    replied

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
    It might make more sense to bid for the next round prior to the games. Meaning the Jacks bid for Sunday before the Sweet 16 round started. If all bids were due before the tourney started it's a big risk for an AD to bid without knowing what fan support was going to be like. Our first two games weren't attended well when you compare them to previous WNIT trips.
    I think that is how it is done. Bids in before the next rounds are played. I don't know for sure, if it comes up in conversation I'll ask for clarification. I don't think Williams arena was available to host even if Gophers had bid higher, not sure though. Attendance for their Men's NIT games has been dismal, I won't even comment on the women.

Leave a comment:

• MontanaRabbit
    replied

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
    Bids were in ahead of the results, it was down to IU or SDSU, the people at TCS were pulling for those 2 programs. It seemed clear to me that it would come down to attendance at Frost and IU. When I saw our crowd I figured a Jackrabbit victory would mean a home game.
    It might make more sense to bid for the next round prior to the games. Meaning the Jacks bid for Sunday before the Sweet 16 round started. If all bids were due before the tourney started it's a big risk for an AD to bid without knowing what fan support was going to be like. Our first two games weren't attended well when you compare them to previous WNIT trips.

Leave a comment:

• OldHare
    replied

I would guess that if the Triple Crown Sports guys are looking for profits...and they may also consider the gross revenue brought to the table selling $20 tickets vs. $6 tickets. Attendance may not be the primary factor. Either way, I am very happy that I can watch more games in Frost this year! Go Jacks!!

Leave a comment:

Working...
X