Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2017 recruits

Originally posted by jackdaniel View Post
    She would be the 15th and last scholarship for the 2016-2017 season.When Larson is eligible and joins the team the following year (2017-2018) ,we will still be maxed on scholarships again w/Chynna Stevens or have one available wo/Chynna.Best I can figure.
    Larson will be on the team this year (16-17 season) and will be getting a scholarship. Larson just can't play in games. So w/ Larson we are maxed out for the upcoming season.

Comment

AJ just sent out his "It's a great day to be a Jackrabbit!" tweet.

Is this about Chynna or someone else?

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
        AJ just sent out his "It's a great day to be a Jackrabbit!" tweet.

Is this about Chynna or someone else?
        I'm guessing it is someone else.

I think AJ prior tweet, "Past two days have been great days to be a Jackrabbit!" was about Stevens and Larson.

Hopefully it is Selland!

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
          Regardless of which season she becomes eligible, Stevens probably won't get the minutes she got in her first two seasons. Ober and Thompson won't get moved out of the starting lineup, Wade becomes eligible and Bultsma and Tracy enter into the mix (if they don't redshirt), plus Flaata and Mieras are back. And the next year, Tagyn Larson comes into play. Stevens can probably play some at the 3, which will help. And with the foot problems she had late in both of her seasons here, playing fewer minutes may help her stay healthy.
          I think it will be interesting to see. We really had 3 players for the PF/C positions this year. I don't know if Tracy will play those positions or not. We will have Ober, Thompson, Wade and Bultsma but after those 4 I would move Stevens into the 5th player at those two positions. She is/was better than either Flatta or Mieras right now. When Larson will be playing, Ober will be out of the rotation so they will still be five deep at those two positions.
          Of course if Selland comes into play, that will be a whole different story.

If AJ goes back to playing 10+ players or so, that will help more players play. I don't remember too many seasons when we mainly played 8 players.

It will be a nice problem to have.
          Last edited by 91jack; 04-08-2016, 12:55 PM.

Comment

I suspect AJ will keep or make a scholarship available for Myah Selland, a possible recruit for 2017-2018.
            This space for lease.

Comment

Is Chloe lamb still in the mix for 2017?
              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Gotta like how deep we are going to be on the front line the next few years. Looks like we will have a lot of players that can rotate in at the 3-4 slot. Clarissa will be strong at the 5, but the two players behind her have a ways to go to be ready to play in that position.

I hope that we can sign Selland as I think she will bring a lot to the squad. It is indeed a great day to be a Jackrabbit!

Comment

Originally posted by UWMandSDSU View Post
                  Larson will be on the team this year (16-17 season) and will be getting a scholarship. Larson just can't play in games. So w/ Larson we are maxed out for the upcoming season.
                  Thanks,I keep forgetting that,that even though they are sitting out, they still are on scholarship.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
                    Gotta like how deep we are going to be on the front line the next few years.
                    Quite a contrast to this year where Thompson's primary backup was a 5'9 PG! It's amazing what the team pulled off in spite of that issue and lots of credit goes to Boever for battling against so many taller players.

I'm looking forward to hearing who the new recruit is.

Comment

http://www.gojacks.com/news/2016/4/8...ckrabbits.aspx

Chynna has to sit out next season. Will have 1 year of eligibility left.

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
                        http://www.gojacks.com/news/2016/4/8...ckrabbits.aspx

Chynna has to sit out next season. Will have 1 year of eligibility left.
                        What a long and winding road for her. She is going to be 2 years removed from having played, so not really sure what to expect from her. She is most likely going to be behind the likes of Thompson, Wade, and Larson in the rotation at the 3-4 slot. It will be interesting to see how quickly she gets back in the mode of playing actual games.

I don't know what the issue that caused her to transfer, but this has obviously become a life lesson. I wonder if she is on scholarship or will be a walk on as far as ability to sign players and have open slots.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelSD View Post
                          What a long and winding road for her. She is going to be 2 years removed from having played, so not really sure what to expect from her. She is most likely going to be behind the likes of Thompson, Wade, and Larson in the rotation at the 3-4 slot. It will be interesting to see how quickly she gets back in the mode of playing actual games.

I don't know what the issue that caused her to transfer, but this has obviously become a life lesson. I wonder if she is on scholarship or will be a walk on as far as ability to sign players and have open slots.
                          Without her clutch shot in the last seconds of possibly the greatest comeback in SDSU women's basketball history (scoring 9 pts in 27 seconds to tie,then win in OT) against Arkansas,we probably lose that game.That's how I'll always remember her ,such a confident shooter,no hesitation.

Comment

Chynna is going to be a great addition to the team. 2 years older,more mature and stronger. I see nothing but positive from her returning to the team. she was a good player as a sophomore.

Comment

Myah Selland interview. First team all-state. http://www.argusleader.com/story/spo...team/82667530/

Seems to have the right perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                                Myah Selland interview. First team all-state. http://www.argusleader.com/story/spo...team/82667530/

Seems to have the right perspective.
                                i really hope we can get her to come here as I think she has serious potential. However, at least we are relatively deep at the 4 spot now.

Comment

Working...
                                X