• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2017 recruits

kind of weird. why did she leave in the first place

Comment

It's my understanding she will not be on scholarship but she is rejoining the program obviously, at least not initially. As Westside stated - it is best to be left off the board. Trust us on this.

Comment

sorry, i did not see the first person who asked it. i'll let it go, or pm if you want. i am intrigued now

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
          Long and weird story. Probably best not for this board.
          Agreed!

Comment

Originally posted by GoJacks2010 View Post
            It's my understanding she will not be on scholarship but she is rejoining the program obviously, at least not initially. As Westside stated - it is best to be left off the board. Trust us on this.
            It is great news that Chynna has decided to return to SDSU. It is great she is able to rejoin the team and contribute to future success. Any detour she may have incurred to get back to South Dakota is history as Chynna is a competitor. Go Jacks!!
            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Originally posted by JacksFTW View Post
              sorry, i did not see the first person who asked it. i'll let it go, or pm if you want. i am intrigued now
              I am too. Not sure if someone wants to PM it to me? If not that's ok too.

Glad she is back. Her skillset creates matchup issues.

Comment

Perhaps if Williams gets the Husker job it increases the possibility Myah Selland is a Jack.

Comment

So glad Chynna is back! Love her athleticism and competitive fire!

Comment

Whatever the reason, adding a ready-to-go veteran to an already loaded team (whether it is 2016 or 2017) is the kind of thing that could really take us to new heights. Her versatility will be very useful, even if she is coming off the bench.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                      Perhaps if Williams gets the Husker job it increases the possibility Myah Selland is a Jack.
                      or a husker

Comment

Regardless of which season she becomes eligible, Stevens probably won't get the minutes she got in her first two seasons. Ober and Thompson won't get moved out of the starting lineup, Wade becomes eligible and Bultsma and Tracy enter into the mix (if they don't redshirt), plus Flaata and Mieras are back. And the next year, Tagyn Larson comes into play. Stevens can probably play some at the 3, which will help. And with the foot problems she had late in both of her seasons here, playing fewer minutes may help her stay healthy.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                          Regardless of which season she becomes eligible, Stevens probably won't get the minutes she got in her first two seasons. Ober and Thompson won't get moved out of the starting lineup, Wade becomes eligible and Bultsma and Tracy enter into the mix (if they don't redshirt), plus Flaata and Mieras are back. And the next year, Tagyn Larson comes into play. Stevens can probably play some at the 3, which will help. And with the foot problems she had late in both of her seasons here, playing fewer minutes may help her stay healthy.
                          This year when could have used her more she was gone. Then we wouldnt have had to have Boever playing the 4 spot. Some games felt like we are missing a piece or not as deep as we should be and felt like she was sort of that player who can wear a lot of hats. can be a 3, or 4, can shoot, and play defense. Both Flaata and Mieras looked like the game was going to fast for them at times last year. Flaatas length seemed to help her and hopefully can develop more. Mieras probably could have benefited from a redshirt year.
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

The Jacks certainly could have used Stevens' size and experience this past season. It will be nice to have her back, even if it's just for depth. I wouldn't think she'd have to sit out a second year, but I don't know. As long as her team mates and coaches welcome her back, great! Welcome home.
                            This space for lease.

Comment

Man, we go from no depth at the 4 to being 4 deep by next year. It will be nice having a scoring contribution coming off the bench. If Wade is as good as we hope, we may actually be a deep team again. Hard to believe as good as we were last year, we have the potential to be much better next year.

Comment

Originally posted by SanDakotaState View Post
                                A student-athlete may transfer and play immediately if the student transferred to a second school and returns to his or her original school either without practicing or competing in athletics at all, except for one 14-day period (i.e. a tryout). Athletes may do this even if they were originally required to sit out for one year.

http://www.athleticscholarships.net/...exceptions.htm

My question is there an open scholarship available?
                                She would be the 15th and last scholarship for the 2016-2017 season.When Larson is eligible and joins the team the following year (2017-2018) ,we will still be maxed on scholarships again w/Chynna Stevens or have one available wo/Chynna.Best I can figure.

Comment

Working...
                                X