A First?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A First?

On RealTime RPI men went into today ranked 81st, women 103rd. (It IS early, obviously as attested to USD's 21st ranking among women and the predictions that they'll go 20-and-something).

Question: Is this the first time men have ranked higher than women?

Re: A First?

Should we assume you mean, since the move to D1?
    You know that you're over the hill when your mind makes a promise that your body can't fill. - L. George

Comment

Yes but is there even an RPI for lower divisions?

Comment

Originally posted by NoVaJack View Post
        Yes but is there even an RPI for lower divisions?
        If by lower divisions you mean D2, then I have no answer for your question. (which I realize in not a significant contribution to the discussion)
        However ppl often draw parallels to football, and I wanted to take this opportunity to remind folks that in basketball there is only one D1.

Comment

Originally posted by slosho View Post
          If by lower divisions you mean D2, then I have no answer for your question. (which I realize in not a significant contribution to the discussion)
          However ppl often draw parallels to football, and I wanted to take this opportunity to remind folks that in basketball there is only one D1.

Not sure of the point you are trying to make. There is one football D-1 with Bowl Series and Championship Series the demarcation. Jacks are in same R.P.I ratings as LSU just as they are in basketball.

Comment

Working...
          X