X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JACKGUYII
    replied
    Re: Coach Palileo

I think it has to be irratating for the administration and the team to see Palileo flirt with programs that don't seem to be an upgrade. At some point if this continues into the summer let him go and focus on bringing in someone who want's to be at SDSU or we will lose recruits and be backed into finding someone very close to the fall season. The fact we don't have an assistant makes it more unsettling.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Well I did talk to coach and he said he withdrew his name last week. I was told by someone who is a big donor that it would be a bigger opportunity than FGCU would be.

Edit:
    I see the job at Florida State is still open. And the Jacks play Florida State to open the 2008 Season.

Leave a comment:

• 1stRowFANatic
    replied

Originally posted by thebluehatman View Post
    It isn't going to be Florida Gulf Coast. But there is a bigger school that he is talking with right now.
    That is quite the tease ... any other clues you may wish to add?

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

It isn't going to be Florida Gulf Coast. But there is a bigger school that he is talking with right now.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Andrew is one of 10 candidates left for the position.

Leave a comment:

• rational thought
    replied

At SDSU's level, you're always going to have movement and want nothing but the best for your coaches....that being said...SDSU needs to work on changing the length of contracts for their head coaches....IMO, it is insane for a person to move their family to SD (any of the schools) for a 1 yr contract.....we ask someone to come and continue to build or rebuild a program, and not give them any job security...and conversely...multi year contracts guard the university from always wondering if a coach may leave every year. This is about as ridiculous as the "work for food" portion of the scholarships when I was in school.

Leave a comment:

• SUPERBUNNY
    replied

Coach Palileo has been a great coach for SDSU and I hope he is our coach for a long time.

If he is able to get a position that is a move up in his mind then I wish him all the best. It is a good thing to have coaches from our university being sought after by other schools. The list of quality candidates goes way up when you have a school with a track record of giving coaches the opportunity to move up. Turnover is a fact of life in coaching. SDSU has been lucky to have long-term coaching staffs in place in most sports.

It's great if he gets an offer to move up, even better if he stays!

SUPERBUNNY

Leave a comment:

• Nidaros
    replied

Originally posted by jackrabbit1979 View Post
    Is it just me, or is the volleyball team off to a rocky 2008. First Asst. Coach leaves, then we get swept by Wayne St, Northern, and NDSU (I think anyway), and now rumors of head coach leaving. Not exactly the momentum carryover from the NCAA bid last fall.
    Not all of this sounds good, but even the worst scenerio, of Coach Palileo leaving, there probably are a number of replacements out in the open market that would apply. Coach Palileo and McDaniels have accompolished a great deal, but I think we can survive without them too. We could possibly find better coaches too. Who knows, I dont.

Leave a comment:

• 91jack
    replied

I wonder how Phil would have done as SDSU's head coach? Andrew has done good things at SDSU but he seems like he won't be here long. Drake must have thought enough about Phil to hire him. Oh well, I guess we might never know.

Leave a comment:

• jackrabbit1979
    replied

Is it just me, or is the volleyball team off to a rocky 2008. First Asst. Coach leaves, then we get swept by Wayne St, Northern, and NDSU (I think anyway), and now rumors of head coach leaving. Not exactly the momentum carryover from the NCAA bid last fall.

Leave a comment:

• EQguy
    replied

Sort of makes Phil almost taking a different assistants job make a bit more sense.

Good luck to Andrew.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Originally posted by eqguy View Post
    I also notice he is also one of 66 candidates, I wonder if he put his name in or if he is just a candidate.
    He is an applicant and he does have some family down in Florida.

Leave a comment:

• EQguy
    replied

I am just trying to see how it is a move up for Andrew.

I also notice he is also one of 66 candidates, I wonder if he put his name in or if he is just a candidate.

Leave a comment:

• rabidrabbit
    replied

Originally posted by thebluehatman View Post
    Atlantic Sun I believe, just moved up to D-1 this last year?
    Yes, FGCC was the auto-qualifier of the Atlantic Sun for the WNIT.

Leave a comment:

Guest replied

Originally posted by eqguy View Post
    what conference are they members of?
    Atlantic Sun I believe, just moved up to D-1 this last year?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X