2022 season

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2022 season

Just scrolling through you-tube, ran across the Jacksonville State vs Indiana match played just two days ago to check out Jackonville State, because we are scheduled to play in their Gamecock Classic volleyball tournament on Sept 8, they beat the Hoosiers 3-0 , but Indiana was 13th of 14 in their Big Ten women's volleyball pre-season poll. The other teams are Nicholls State and Samford, don't know anything about them. The Jacksonville State match should be a good challenging match up I assume, and the tournament should be good competition, just my UN-knowledgeable opinion watching the video, they seem like the real deal, sweeping all three teams, Indiana, Indiana State and Chicago State in the Indiana University Tournament 3-0.

Not sure who in the athletic dept. decided to schedule the match at the same time as the football game yesterday, but women had an impressive win at home over Omaha. Somewhat rocky start to the season overall but this team still has a lot of talent and potential to do well down the stretch.

Comment

Jackrabbits win 3-1 at UND this evening (9-27-22). MIDCO sports carried the match on TV.

Comment

Tough 5 setter loss last night to USD. They certainly are on a streak in the series with us but the gap is closing. Our team has a lot of potential and brighter days ahead after many difficult season previously.

Comment

Congrats to the volleyball team on finishing the regular season strong. Big wins over NDSU and UND. Now onto the conference tournament. Even if we go in as the 6th seed, we can beat anyone when we’re at our best. Hope all of our seniors go out on a high note.

Comment

Round 1 of the Summit League Tourney going on right now. Jacks just pulled out the first set over Denver. Entertaining match. Can watch for free here: https://thesummitleague.org/watch/de...1847&path=conf

Comment

Tough loss in 5 sets. End of the road for a great group of seniors who really helped start turning this program around. Next year’s team will look very different but I still think we have right coach and foundation to keep getting better.

Comment

While we were counting down for football, Volleyball quietly accepted an invite to the 32 tram National Invitational Volleyball Championship tourney. We beat Louisiana in 5 sets last night.. We play UT RGV today at 2 at their place. Jacks are the only SD VB team to still be contending for national honors

Comment

I noticed Ella Thompson transferred to St Cloud State. Kind of surprising as thought she was one of our better players.

Comment

Working...
                  X