Transfers? ANYone know ANYthing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfers? ANYone know ANYthing?

I still see NOTHING about the jacks losing anyone but i am kind of grasping at straws as far as finding info goes

somewhat related- Alex Storako who finished her 4th year at Michigan, has left UM and has made the move to be an Oklahoma Sooner. in case you are not sure, that is their stud multi first team big 10 pitcher, who pitched game one of the regional against the jacks and a bit of the second game against the jacks as well, if i remember correctly

HOPEFULLY on the jacks front, NO NEWS equals GOOD NEWS

Halvorson is in the portal.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Will be disappointing if anyone leaves before they have a chance to communicate with the new coaching staff. That being said, the sooner the new coach is named the better.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
        Will be disappointing if anyone leaves before they have a chance to communicate with the new coaching staff. That being said, the sooner the new coach is named the better.
        Yeah i would say i am a bit surprised and maybe mildly disappointed they have not announced a new coach yet. it seems like the longer they go without a new coach the more they risk losing key players.

i wonder if this is an indication that a top choice or two declined interviews or even offers? I AM NOT saying that i know anything. just being curious out loud.

being in the portal doesnt mean Cylie is absolutely gone, but i sure hope they get a coach before anyone else wants to start exploring

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

Yeah i would say i am a bit surprised and maybe mildly disappointed they have not announced a new coach yet. it seems like the longer they go without a new coach the more they risk losing key players.

i wonder if this is an indication that a top choice or two declined interviews or even offers? I AM NOT saying that i know anything. just being curious out loud.

being in the portal doesnt mean Cylie is absolutely gone, but i sure hope they get a coach before anyone else wants to start exploring
          I thought I saw that the deadline for those entering the transfer portal and who still wanted to be eligible to compete next season was may 1st, but maybe that was just for women's basketball ? If anyone who knows the ins and outs about the transfer rules can expound upon that? OK....after further stumbling across things seems the rule pertains to notifying the school of your intentions to transfer by May 1, I assume Cylie was aware of this and complied but that we are just hearing about it now.Deadline dates and lack of a timeline makes it confusing, at least to me it does.
          Last edited by jackdaniel; 06-20-2022, 08:45 AM.

Comment

Per the attached, the May 1 deadline is for fall & winter sports and July 1 is the deadline for spring sports.
            http://fs.ncaa.org/Docs/eligibility_...e_Transfer.pdf
            USD Fan

Comment

thanks Hareball.

Comment

OKAY who is the portal expert? did they have to be in by midnight last night?? or tonight? does anyone know for sure if anyone other than Cylie entered the portal??

from what i can make my best guess at (and my sources are far from great or extremely reliable so unfortunately i cannot say anything with as much certainty as i want to) it appears that Cylie has NOT returned to the jacks yet. SO if midnight last night was the deadline, she is gone(((

i am taking a guess (very much A GUESS) there is at least a chance she is gonna go to augie

But from what i can tell, Cylie is the only player that i am mostly sure we are losing

my sources are inconclusive on Grace Glanzer. i will not venture a guess

but other than those two, from what i can tell all the rest of the junior class is coming back, which means Tori K and both the Carillo sisters are back

i think those 5 would have been the top priorities, maybe i am wrong, but obviously the two pitchers are critical and obviously Roz and Cylie are the last two conference POY so seems like those would be the first players you would hope and aim to keep. Joz had a bit of a down year last year but you could argue that she should have been POY the year Cylie got it

beyond that it appears that Emma O, Lindsay C, and Cheyanne M are likely to come back

also i feel like it was critical to keep the two sophomores to be who are from Omaha, because there seems to be a lot of good players in NE and the omaha area at the moment and they seem like the connection to that pipeline. so hopefully keeping them despite losing coach wood means the jacks can continue to get talent from that pipeline, and my best guess from what i hear and see

both Brooke and Mia are staying and their former AAU teammate and AAU national champ, incoming freshman Kaelan S, is also still planning to be a jackrabbit. this is the girl that is the all time NE HR leader and it appears that she is really an incredible all around athlete

also appears that the Juco Pitcher Abby F from the Des Moines area is also still on board

i did not try to check on EVERY player on the roster and all the recruits. maybe i am wrong but these 12 kind of seemed the most critical and from what i can tell (again i cannot tell enough to be as certain as i want to be) 10 of the 12 appear to remain on board and Grace is a firm i have no idea, so maybe she is still on board also. Cylie is the only one that seems pretty clearly gone

hopefully we will KNOW FOR SURE pretty soon, but it seems like the transfer news is pretty good for the jacks

Comment

Working...
                X