Postseason 2022

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post

Have you watched any news at all in the last 12 hours? Based on what is being reported I have to think there is a good chance any option in Sioux Falls would have extensive damage as well. Also, hosting a softball tournament is likely the last thing anyone in Sioux Falls wants to worry about right now.
    i live in sioux falls and work in luverne, MN. usually i work from about noon to about 7
    yesterday i had to move some furniture from one office to another after work, which also allowed me to avoid driving during the worst parts of the weather in and around sioux falls

therefore, i was late getting home, and NO i did not watch news, sorry
    i knew sioux falls had severe weather but the people i talked to did not inform me of severe damage. from what i saw, i thought the damage was much worse in western MN. there were LOTS of big trees down and vehicles overturned in MN
    but when i got back to SD, i did not see that type of damage
    i did not see a single tree down on west 12th or west 41st or on marion rd or sertoma or damage or vehicles wrecked anywhere along the interstates after getting back to SD
    kind of obvious i live on the west side. maybe the damage was much worse in other parts of sioux falls

Comment

Have you watched any news at all in the last 12 hours? Based on what is being reported I have to think there is a good chance any option in Sioux Falls would have extensive damage as well. Also, hosting a softball tournament is likely the last thing anyone in Sioux Falls wants to worry about right now.
      so any updates would be appreciated
      is the field destroyed? how much damage is there to the campus?
      i guess at least they were fortunate timing wise with graduation last week

Comment

I am guessing that the USD - SDSU game was switched to Saturday morning so as to give the SDSU team, coaches and support staff more time to deal with all the storm damage in Brookings.

I am also guessing that the option of keeping the tournament in Brookings and switching so a single elimination format was explored. If I am the favorite to win the tournament, as SDSU is, I would definitely rather keep the double elimination format and move the games to Vermillion rather than staying in Brookings and have a single upset knock me out of the tournament.
        USD Fan

Comment

Originally posted by hareball View Post
          I am guessing that the USD - SDSU game was switched to Saturday morning so as to give the SDSU team, coaches and support staff more time to deal with all the storm damage in Brookings.

I am also guessing that the option of keeping the tournament in Brookings and switching so a single elimination format was explored. If I am the favorite to win the tournament, as SDSU is, I would definitely rather keep the double elimination format and move the games to Vermillion rather than staying in Brookings and have a single upset knock me out of the tournament.
          YES i am in agreement with you! the favorite always is even a GREATER favorite the more times they need to be beaten!!
          so yes i would agree with you. if the jacks had a choice i think they made the right one
          also your reason for switching from game 3 to game 4 makes sense. i just hope that they jacks were given an option

but at the end of the day the circumstances are what they are, regardless of how and why
          and i am sure the girls still feel very confident and i expect that they will play well

Comment

I could be wrong but I'd guess the field is not damaged, the shac probably protected that(maybe the shac took some damage?) but the bigger problem is the fact that there is still no power in Brookings.
            "Life is short so make sure you spend as much time as possible arguing with strangers on the Internet." - Person

Comment

Saw that both softball complexes in SF were booked this weekend for major youth tournaments.

Comment

Originally posted by RowdyRabbit View Post
                I could be wrong but I'd guess the field is not damaged, the shac probably protected that(maybe the shac took some damage?) but the bigger problem is the fact that there is still no power in Brookings.
                thank you for the update rowdy!
                wow that stinks! obviously there are bigger problems connected to that than having to move softball games. hopefully nobody will suffer too badly(( losing power for that long will clearly have some significant consequences for businesses and families
                prayers for those impacted by this!

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

Saw that both softball complexes in SF were booked this weekend for major youth tournaments.
                  maybe there is damage in sioux falls also, but i still have not heard of anything super significant (although i have been a bit out of the loop today also) but that was my suspicion. they keep those fields fairly booked up
                  AGAIN, the circumstances are what they are and i believe the jacks will do fine!
                  but Brandon has a good facility and i am sure that there are other fields, which are also closer to brookings

Comment

hopefully Midco will be back on board for the games tomorrow
                    the omaha vs ndsu game is not on tv, as far as i can find
                    ndsu is up 1-0 after 3 innings. they already have 3 hits and a walk off of Meyer

Comment

2nd ndsu batter of the 4th inning hits a solo HR off of Meyer
                      ndsu ahead 2-0

Comment

still 2-0 ndsu going into the 7th inning
                        bison have 7 hits off of meyer. have batters 9, 1, and 2 coming up in the 7th. the 9 batter has 2 hits already

Comment

#2 seed omaha goes to the loser bracket
                          ndsu 2-0
                          Meyer was good not great. gave up 8 hits but i think did have 8Ks, but the offense was never able to do much. i am not sure they ever had even 2 on base in any inning

jacks and usd at 9am tomorrow morning. we will see how everyone reacts to an unusually early start time

Comment

my bad. Meyer gave up 8 hits 1 walk. 9ks limited the damage well only a run in the 3rd and another in the fourth but no support from the offense
                            she has 6 losses on the year now and 2 of them are to the jacks

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post
                              hopefully Midco will be back on board for the games tomorrow
                              the omaha vs ndsu game is not on tv, as far as i can find
                              ndsu is up 1-0 after 3 innings. they already have 3 hits and a walk off of Meyer
                              All the games are being live-streamed for free on the USD athletics website.

Comment

Free stream of USD vs. SDSU. Jacks were down 1-0 but just scored 5 runs in the 4th thanks to a grand slam. https://thesummitleague.org/watch/de...1439&path=conf

Comment

Working...
                                X