Ipfw gdt

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ipfw gdt

I thought I'd start this thread off with a very good preview article from Terry. Talks about both men's and women's games so I'm posting this in both MBB and WBB sections:

SDSU set for Summit weekend
    Terry Vandrovec - January 21, 2010

The South Dakota State women's basketball team could be in first place or fifth in the Summit League depending on the events of the next five days. The men could be tied atop the standings or as many as four games back.

Welcome to the midpoint of the conference season, a wacky time when contenders start to gain separation from pretenders.

"Every weekend changes things dramatically," Jackrabbits women's coach Aaron Johnston said. "This is still the time of year where there's still a lot of movement, and that makes it fun. It makes it exciting."
    SDSU has reason to be excited. The men and the women will play seven of their final 11 league contests at Frost Arena starting tonight. A four-game weekend set centers on a Saturday doubleheader against Oakland.

The Golden Grizzlies men (13-7) lead the league at 7-0 - two games up on the third-place Jacks - and have won 14 consecutive regular-season affairs against conference foes, tied for the second-longest streak in Summit history.
    That's hardly surprising since they have the most individual talent: Center Keith Benson has been called the best college player in Michigan, point guard Johnathon Jones led Division I in assists last season and transfer forward Larry Wright averaged nearly 10 points per game as a sophomore at St. John's.

Shining more light on the matchup, SDSU coach Scott Nagy will coach barefoot to raise money and shoes for the people of Haiti, where his adopted 6-year-old daughter was born.

Meanwhile, the Oakland women (8-10, 5-2) finished second in the Summit in the regular season and the tournament last year right behind the Jacks (9-8, 5-2). Both teams are part of a free-for-all that has five teams within one game of first place.
    "You know you can play well and not win those games," SDSU men's coach Scott Nagy said of taking on Oakland. "So that's why we feel IPFW is the most important game."

(read more)

Re: Ipfw gdt

With future (undefeated) league champ Oakland coming in on Saturday, tonight is a must win. A 1-1 record this weekend is acceptable to me.

That would put us at 6-3...a pretty solid record considering we'll have already play Oakland, ORU, @IUPUI and @NDSU (not to mention 3 other road games). Pretty sure about everyone would have taken a 6-3 start at the beginning of the year.

Comment

Originally posted by TeaJackrabbit View Post
      With future (undefeated) league champ Oakland coming in on Saturday, tonight is a must win. A 1-1 record this weekend is acceptable to me.

That would put us at 6-3...a pretty solid record considering we'll have already play Oakland, ORU, @IUPUI and @NDSU (not to mention 3 other road games). Pretty sure about everyone would have taken a 6-3 start at the beginning of the year.
      I agree that tonight's game is in the "must win" catagory. IPFW is a very scrappy and under-rated team that will beat us if we start thinking too much about Saturday's game.

I think one of the reason's SDSU had such a bad Summit road record the last two seasons is because we were travel partners with league favorite NDSU. Teams gave us their best shot knowing that a win against NDSU was going to be hard to come by. IPFW is kind of in that same boat this season.

Plus, SDSU needs some payback still from that beating we took in IPFW last year.

Comment

For those on the fence about going to the game, Yearby is probably the most physically talented player in the Summit.

He's 6'6" and his current positions in Summit League stats:

#6 in scoring
        #2 in rebounding
        #3 in blocked shots

He has 5 double-doubles this season so far.
        “I used to be with it. But then they changed what it was. Now what I’m with isn’t it, and what’s it seems scary and wierd. It’ll happen to you.” — Abe Simpson

Comment

I have the game on channel surfing if anyone is interested.

Comment

Of course we're making a 4ppg scorer look like Bill Walton

Pretty obvious AC doesn't want to pick up foul #2...leave him on bench for awhile.

Tony in now....and scores on tip-in

Comment

Originally posted by bballfan54 View Post
              I have the game on channel surfing if anyone is interested.

Thankyou

Comment

21-11.....ugh....not a good start.

Do we have to go for every single pump fake?

IPFW 2-7 on the road

Comment

25-11

IPFW can't miss....SDSU looks lazy...again.

Griff is doing a pretty good job on Yearby.

Palarca playing instead of Wolters kind of boggles my mind right now.

Comment

IPFW being very, very, very aggressive.

Jacks . . . not so much.

. . . and as soon as I type that, the Jacks look like they pick up the aggresiveness on offense . . .
                    "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

why the heck do those stupid dead elaphants play so well against us? Seems are team has a bit of laze fairre (sp) game plan, even with nagy being a high intensity guy, I just dont see it translating to the way the team is playing.
                      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

IPFW has lost by 29, 19, 35, 22, 10, 10, 13, 8 and 1 on the road.

7 team fouls for IPFW....1 for SDSU....look for SDSU to get whistled for a few cheapies soon...

Comment

Originally posted by TeaJackrabbit View Post
                          IPFW has lost by 29, 19, 35, 22, 10, 10, 13, 8 and 1 on the road.

7 team fouls for IPFW....1 for SDSU....look for SDSU to get whistled for a few cheapies soon...
                          Maybe the dons can be aggresive enough to foul them selfs out of this game.
                          "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Comment

and there one cheapie..away from the ball on AC...

Comment

A few years ago what was that score that we lost on the road? Maybe our bad half at NDSU is continuing more in this game then we thought it would. Lets go, its hard following game tracker while at work.

Comment

Working...
                              X