SMSU fan reacts to game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SMSU fan reacts to game

Got back earlier tonight from the game in Brookings.

My thoughts as an SMSU fan.

First, what a great atmosphere for college hoops.  I thought both teams played hard.  Amazing the lift the football guys brought to the table tonight.  #42 for SMSU is a wide receiver for SMSU so it was neat to see DeMasi and the Wagner battle it out.  Two football guys going at it.

2. Cadwell is a great player.  

3. I did feel (of course I'm biased) that the officals didn't make many calls late.  With SDSU up 3 with 20 seconds left there HAD to be a five second count on SDSU, but nothing called.  Fouls were like 23 to 14.  But that didn't lose it, SMSU just didn't shoot well like SDSU did in the second half.  

Heck Fletcher for SMSU had 16 points, but ten in the last 3 minutes.  He didn't shoot in the first 16 minutes of the second half.  He ranks #2 in believe in D2 in 3-point shooting and he was 4 of 7 tonight.

As for the tech.  That was the only thing I didn't like.  Cadwell ran from the bench to the SMSU side of the court, Casey deserves to get tossed.  HE PUNCHED THE SMSU kid.  Him and the New York guy kept wanting to go after an SMSU player.    Pretty BS.  I'm of course not saying an SMSU player didn't do anything, but Cadwell should've have run over on the court.  I give credit to the SDSU assistant coach (Larson I believe) who was not happy about Cadwell doing it.

Of course SMSU has conference games coming up and can't afford to get in a fight.  I was hoping nothing got any farther and it didn't.

But again, good college game.  SDSU fans were oustanding, good support for SMSU students as well. I got my monies worth.

good luck the rest of the year

Working...
X