Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: 2010 Recruits

Originally posted by TeaJackrabbit View Post
    For what it's worth....from a Jackrabbit who currently wears the colors, Jordan Dykstra WILL be a Jackrabbit. "It's all but done"

Dale Moss (not the source) also had a semi-serious ankle sprain that required a boot, but all should be well very soon. The basketball team, not even in their season yet, has had more injuries than the football team.
    When I bought my tickets for the next 2 home football games on Monday, I saw Dale in his boot. Hopefully there is time for it to heal so he can get some good practice time in before the season.
    Over? Did you say "over"? Nothing is over until we decide it is! Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor? Hell no!--Bluto--

Comment

Originally posted by TeaJackrabbit View Post
      For what it's worth....from a Jackrabbit who currently wears the colors, Jordan Dykstra WILL be a Jackrabbit. "It's all but done"
      so here's a question.... can Nagy (assuming the Jacks land Dykstra), build off that acquisition to be a stronger contender for top recruits?

It seems doubtful AJ could've landed a player of Leah Dietel's caliber five years ago, but they're now in a position to go toe-to-toe with nearly every D-1 program in the region.

So the question is, can Nagy accomplish something similar (accounting for the higher stakes in MBB recruiting)

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post
        so here's a question.... can Nagy (assuming the Jacks land Dykstra), build off that acquisition to be a stronger contender for top recruits?

It seems doubtful AJ could've landed a player of Leah Dietel's caliber five years ago, but they're now in a position to go toe-to-toe with nearly every D-1 program in the region.

So the question is, can Nagy accomplish something similar (accounting for the higher stakes in MBB recruiting)
        Success builds success. Good Players want to play with good players. Winners want to win.. (Enough clichés for you?)

I would say Yes, landing Dykstra will only help recruit stronger players.

"We are an up and coming program," Nagy potentially says to recruits. "We have even had players change their original destination from XYZ Big conference programs to come to State.... Come play with the best and help build our program to a premier D1 program." or something along those lines.

Comment

Originally posted by zooropa View Post

I don't think he can go toe-to-toe with Tubby but I think he has a much more reasonable chance against the other larger conference teams in the area. Tim Miles seems to be one heck of a recruiter or someone on his staff is.
          We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

its hard to compare recruitment between mens and womens..... nobody knows who the womens coach of Minnesota is.... Everybody knows who Tubby Smith is.... One thing Tubby has done is make Minnesota relevant to midwest recruits..... hes activily recruiting every marginal D-I recruit in the region....

What I do think landing Dykstra and Heemstra does is help recruiting in Iowa a lot. I know that they are 30 miles from the South Dakota, but Dykstra was the youngest basketball player ever to verbal to Iowa State, and there team has been good for the last couple of years and are known pretty well throughout the state of Iowa.....

Comment

Originally posted by joeboo22 View Post
              its hard to compare recruitment between mens and womens..... nobody knows who the womens coach of Minnesota is.... Everybody knows who Tubby Smith is.... One thing Tubby has done is make Minnesota relevant to midwest recruits..... hes activily recruiting every marginal D-I recruit in the region....

What I do think landing Dykstra and Heemstra does is help recruiting in Iowa a lot. I know that they are 30 miles from the South Dakota, but Dykstra was the youngest basketball player ever to verbal to Iowa State, and there team has been good for the last couple of years and are known pretty well throughout the state of Iowa.....
              Actually Iowa State has been a bottom feeder in the Big 12 the past couple of years . . .
              "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post
                Actually Iowa State has been a bottom feeder in the Big 12 the past couple of years . . .
                sorry.... I meant Rock Valley has been good for the past couple of years not Iowa State.... after re-reading it I can see how it was interperted....

Comment

My source on the team says Dykstra will be a Jack. All that is left is the signature. He loves it up here, is excited about joining a team with a rock solid point gaurd, is excited about all the rest of the young talent, and his best friend is coming here. My source was very excited when talking about Dykstra and I would be SHOCKED if he ended up else where.
                  Jackrabbits: Long ears, strong hind legs, gritty, relentless, fearless.

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                    My source on the team says Dykstra will be a Jack. All that is left is the signature. He loves it up here, is excited about joining a team with a rock solid point gaurd, is excited about all the rest of the young talent, and his best friend is coming here. My source was very excited when talking about Dykstra and I would be SHOCKED if he ended up else where.
                    Yay

Comment

Originally posted by WestSideRabbit View Post
                      Very much agreed.

I'm heard basically the same info from someone inside the program.

PG-Wolters (6'3).....Carlson (6'4)
                      SG-White (6'6).......Horstman (6'5)
                      SF-Heemstra (6'8)...Gr Callahan (6'5)
                      PF-Dykstra (6'9).....Rader (6'7).....Pederson (6'8)
                      PF-Fiegen (6'7)

Sorry, but I just like to look at that list and imagine how fun they will be to watch in a couple years. Not to mention there are other recruits that will be added.....and adding kids like we have recently will only bring other great recruits.

Comment

Originally posted by jackmd View Post
                        Based on the info I have Gruis is a player that we are very interested in. It was also brought to my attention that Heemstra's teammate Dykstra was not going to be going to attending Iowa State and that he might be interested in joining Marcus at SDSU, I guess we will see.
                        Recruiting is certainly an interesting process.

Dykstra verbals to Iowa State. Heemstra verbals and we sign him. We offer Gruis. Dykstra and Iowa State part. Dykstra expresses interest in joining Nagy's program. Elite camp comes, Gruis hasn't accepted and the offer is then off the table. Dykstra gets contact from the likes of Wake Forrest but will ultimately choose the Jackrabbits.

It has been my understanding during this entire process that SDSU has been at the top of Dykstra's list. I'm glad its going to work out for both of us. I think he has skills that exceed those of a former star freshman at SDSU whose career was shortened by illness right at the time of transition. I think we were destined to find a guy like Dykstra.
                        We are here to add what we can to life, not get what we can from life. -Sir William Osler

We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.

Comment

Do we have any scholarships left for this year if Dykstra does sign? I know it has been mentioned that we had an offer out to Alec Brown of Winona, Minnesota. Another big, Jake Kreuser, from Minnesota has yet to sign as well. His name has been mentioned on this board, and both of these young men will end up at D1 schools.

Comment

I still think SDSU should persue Newton, I'm telling yall.

Comment

Originally posted by Jax View Post
                              I still think SDSU should persue Newton, I'm telling yall.
                              Respectfully disagree.
                              If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
                              - Steven Wright

Comment

Seeing Heemstra stand next to Dykstra and Mark Engen at the Georgia Southern football game and he looked to be an inch or two taller than both.

Comment

Working...
                                X