Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GDT: UND vs SDSU 7pm Frost Arena GoJacks.com

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    Originally posted by IowaJack View Post
    I also came here to see why the game isn't on ESPN. It seems like that has happened a lot lately when I have time to watch a game.
    One reason I spring for the Jacks All-Access

    Comment


    • #17
      Mors is having himself a night.
      "I think we'll be OK"

      Comment


      • #18
        96-73 Jacks, final.
        "I think we'll be OK"

        Comment


        • #19
          What we from Yankton came to expect, a good sign

          Comment


          • #20
            Suddenly the Jacks heve 8 players who are legitimate threats to score and can defend.

            Comment


            • #21
              So glad to see Ariens back, Charlie Easley back on the court and Mors becoming more and more comfortable. Not to mention it seems like William Kyle III continuing to find ways to utilize his ability.

              Now, this was a home game against the last place team in the league. I am very interested to see how Saturday goes against the other ND school.
              The Zen philosopher Basha once wrote, 'A flute with no holes, is not a flute. A donut with no hole, is a Danish.'

              Comment


              • #22
                Originally posted by JackrabbitGuy View Post
                So glad to see Ariens back, Charlie Easley back on the court and Mors becoming more and more comfortable. Not to mention it seems like William Kyle III continuing to find ways to utilize his ability.

                Now, this was a home game against the last place team in the league. I am very interested to see how Saturday goes against the other ND school.
                NDSU is an outlier in a guard dominated league, with their best player being a big, and they also start another big with him. Nelson is different because he plays mostly from the outside, which makes him hard to defend. If you can keep him in check, it's hard for the Bison to score enough to win against good offensive teams.

                Comment


                • #23
                  That was a good Get Right game. I'm pretty confident in our ability to play well against the Bison. They got extremely fortunate to beat SDSU up in Fargo.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

                    NDSU is an outlier in a guard dominated league, with their best player being a big, and they also start another big with him. Nelson is different because he plays mostly from the outside, which makes him hard to defend. If you can keep him in check, it's hard for the Bison to score enough to win against good offensive teams.
                    USD did a very good job pestering Nelson with smaller players last night. I'm sure our coaches are taking a look at that.

                    I tuned in to a bunch of that game after our mens' game was out of reach (while also trying to watch SDSU WBB. It sucked having four interesting games (NDSU-USD, SDSU-UND WBB and MBB) on at the same time. Not only does that mean one is likely to go without ESPN+ coverage, but a person can only watch so much. I would have stayed with all four games beginning to end if they were on at different times.

                    Mirror scheduling.... such a good way to make sure no one gets TOO interested in what is going on around the league.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Southeast View Post

                      USD did a very good job pestering Nelson with smaller players last night. I'm sure our coaches are taking a look at that.

                      I tuned in to a bunch of that game after our mens' game was out of reach (while also trying to watch SDSU WBB. It sucked having four interesting games (NDSU-USD, SDSU-UND WBB and MBB) on at the same time. Not only does that mean one is likely to go without ESPN+ coverage, but a person can only watch so much. I would have stayed with all four games beginning to end if they were on at different times.

                      Mirror scheduling.... such a good way to make sure no one gets TOO interested in what is going on around the league.

                      i would remind you that AA guarded him very effectively last year in the SLT final so i dont think we need any help from the red mutts. more likely they were trying to follow in our footsteps, which is pretty much always the case

                      on the mirror scheduling, if we are going to be purposely stupid about scheduling, why not just go ahead and go back to the doubleheaders

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        That game last night was exactly what the doctor ordered. So good to get Easley back after a couple months and he showed his grit all game long. Also great to have Arians back in action. Every game Mors seems to get more and more comfortable and last night he was outstanding. Collectively, the team played with determination and pace. Loved seeing the team out running the fast break and several times the bigs beat the defense down the court for easy buckets.

                        Don't want to make too much of it because UND is 1-10 in conference. Beating a team like that 96-73 is what you're supposed to do if you are a good team. So, mission accomplished.

                        The stretch run of league play is here and the goal is to be playing their best in Sioux Falls at the SLT. Last night it really felt like that is the direction the team is headed.

                        Another big test Saturday against NDSU. Really looking forward to that game.

                        SUPERBUNNY
                        MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM, BIZUN!!!

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post


                          i would remind you that AA guarded him very effectively last year in the SLT final so i dont think we need any help from the red mutts. more likely they were trying to follow in our footsteps, which is pretty much always the case

                          on the mirror scheduling, if we are going to be purposely stupid about scheduling, why not just go ahead and go back to the doubleheaders


                          What happened last year is swell. However, if you've watched NDSU at all you know Nelson is a much more dynamic player this year. Stats say the same: Last year 11.6 pts/4.9 rebounds. This year 16.8 and 8.1. He had 18 pts against us last month and 13 last night. I get the tiresome "Screw the U" schtick, but they did a good job frustrating him last night.

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by IowaJack View Post
                            I also came here to see why the game isn't on ESPN. It seems like that has happened a lot lately when I have time to watch a game.
                            Agreed. Very few sdsu games are on espn+ this mirror schedule is the dumbest idea ever.
                            "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done. Arnold Palmer

                            Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Southeast View Post



                              What happened last year is swell. However, if you've watched NDSU at all you know Nelson is a much more dynamic player this year. Stats say the same: Last year 11.6 pts/4.9 rebounds. This year 16.8 and 8.1. He had 18 pts against us last month and 13 last night. I get the tiresome "Screw the U" schtick, but they did a good job frustrating him last night.
                              yes i have seen the bison play. he has been dynamic and scary since he arrived on campus. the difference this year is he is #1 on their food chain instead of 3rd at best. he is a very good player FOR SURE and whether we focus more on stopping him or maybe doing a good job on him but cutting off his help, i am sure we will have an excellent plan

                              no matter how well he plays or how well we stop him, you can all but guarantee this game is going down to the wire. we ALMOST NEVER have a game with them decided by double digits

                              as for the schtick, yea the red mutts thing sounds, looks, and is stupid, but there is really no schtick. i completely loathe usd and everything about it dont even like to write usd or coyotes, hence the childish name calling. but i am trying to be less negative about them so i will add the silly name thing to that effort, but the dislike is genuine- no schtick

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              X