GDT: St Bonaventure vs SDSU 7pm @ Sanford Pentagon ESPN+

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NebraskaJack View Post
    26 to 10 foul differential, gotta believe the Bonnies feel they got hosed.
    They did...

**It's ok Jacks fans...we benefited from the whistle tonight.

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

"Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Originally posted by naters_gonna_nate View Post

They fouled a lot. A big nothing burger excuse for a less talented team. They were physical and aggressive and fouled.
      Highlighted and repeated for emphasis. See also my post #14 on this thread.
      "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Originally posted by filbert View Post

Highlighted and repeated for emphasis. See also my post #14 on this thread.
        This waw the most favorable whistle I've seen in 25+ years of watching Jackrabbit basketball.

Last edited by jacks1; 11-16-2022, 12:34 AM.
        "Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

In post game chat with Tyler, Hendo said Luke's foot is a "day-to-day thing". He's obviously nowhere near 100%...just hope it holds out through March...

Last edited by jacks1; 11-16-2022, 12:35 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by naters_gonna_nate View Post

They didn't though. They fouled a lot. A big nothing burger excuse for a less talented team. They were physical and aggressive and fouled.

Jacks are definitely figuring out how to play together still. Alex had some really sloppy turnovers which I don't expect moving forward. It is a lot of anticipation plays and passes that are out of sync.

Zeke will get going. The whole team is in learning how to play without Baylor with extra touches, different space, different pace, etc. The impact Baylor had to make everyone better cannot be understated. We have all the talent there to be really solid again, but it just needs to get cleaned up. Just need to learn how to put it all together.

Te Slaa is going to be a guy. He had some good run tonight. A win is a win and it's really important to win these early close ones when things are still being worked out. They can go play with house money tomorrow night now.
            no intention of taking anything away from Baylor. special player!! but you might be forgetting someone.

i would say Dent has been our best player this year but i do not think anyone we have played is really thinking much about having to run a double at him as soon as he touches the ball. WK has also played well but neither of our posts has drawn a double team this year. Doug was doubled a LOT. that was the biggest reason that our shooters had as much space as they did. remember how much we struggled shooting the 3 against NDSU last year? because the refused to double Doug and our shooters never had the space against them that we had against pretty much everyone else

second biggest reason for shooters getting good looks. Doug's excellent passing out of the post. i know some think he was a black hole and he was aggressive (Hendo TOLD him to be!) but he passed out of the post for a ton of 3s

remember how many alley oops we had off the screen and roll from the elbow or the wing? have we had any of those this year? aaahh NOPE

we are missing two very special players. everyone has a different role. it is going to take a minute. and they were also depending on Luke being a very very tough to stop presence in the post. i have NO INFORMATION but i have a bad feeling this foot thing is going to linger like Dougs did in year two

that all said i think this team is gonna be very good. i have said it before, but i really believe Te Slaa is gonna end up playing a lot of the point minutes

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

Have been surprised that Mors hasn't played more minutes. But he hasn't looked that good when he has been in the game. Don't know that he saw the floor in the second half.
              I never watched him play in high school but I too have been somewhat underwhelmed so far. Just a bit slow out there. Maybe it’s a confidence/freshman issue that hopefully improves over time.

Comment

You have to be able to win the ugly games to end up with a good record, and damn that was ugly! It's hard to remember a game where SDSU was more frazzled and sloppy. Part of that was the physicality and length of St. B, they were getting hands on everything and making the Jacks pay for every little mistake. We can't blame them for all those missed 3's though!

Anyway, that's another nice win. I like how we have plenty of solid mid-major games this year, and so far they have all tested the team. That's a lot more valuable than P5/NAIA blowouts.

Comment

That was a good win in an ugly game. Bonnies fouled a lot. Doesn't mean we didn't get a break on Dent's foul, because we did. But they did foul a lot.

Dent has played great. Charlie was awesome. To have a rough night from Zeke and Alex and pull out the W is ok.

Mors... I too am becoming a bit worried. But he's looked just "uncomfortable" out there?
                  If you saw him play in HS, you know that isn't his default...he can play.
                  I think it's just an issue of him trying to fit in to our team and how they do things. Definitely think he will improve.

Arkansas is on another level. Hope we come out ready to play.

Comment

Forgot to add Te Slaa and Kyle are real dudes. Going to be fun to cheer for!

Comment

Dentlinger was awesome, offensively and defensively. His block on a breakaway layup was the play of the game. He can rough it up with the best of them.
                      This space for lease.

Comment

I think it was a really good win. The Jacks turned the ball over 25 times (!) and shot poorly from the outside, but still won. The Bonnies were long, lean and athletic, but the Jacks were just as physical and more disciplined. Obviously the Jacks have to protect the ball much better. And shooting from the outside will have to improve soon. With Mayo, Easely, Mims, Arians, Mors and Te Slaa, there seems to be plenty of potential to again become a top-notch shooting team.
                        This space for lease.

Comment

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
                          Dentlinger was awesome, offensively and defensively. His block on a breakaway layup was the play of the game. He can rough it up with the best of them.
                          Reminded me of Tevin King's block in the Summit Tourney a few years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                            This waw the most favorable whistle I've seen in 25+ years of watching Jackrabbit basketball.

If someone can point to specific plays in which the Jacks benefited, I'd love to go back and watch. But in person I didn't recall any obvious preference towards SDSU at all. The late Dent block was clean per my visual and a replay, and Schimdt would've and should've been T'd up after if not for the late game situation we were in. As Filbert mentioned, there was a blatant no-call on Appel's last second lay up in the first half, too. Total foul discrepancies between teams is, in itself, not indicative of improper reffing. Not trying to belabor the point, I'm just not sure what calls we're all referring to on here and the Bonnie board.

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

no intention of taking anything away from Baylor. special player!! but you might be forgetting someone.

i would say Dent has been our best player this year but i do not think anyone we have played is really thinking much about having to run a double at him as soon as he touches the ball. WK has also played well but neither of our posts has drawn a double team this year. Doug was doubled a LOT. that was the biggest reason that our shooters had as much space as they did. remember how much we struggled shooting the 3 against NDSU last year? because the refused to double Doug and our shooters never had the space against them that we had against pretty much everyone else

second biggest reason for shooters getting good looks. Doug's excellent passing out of the post. i know some think he was a black hole and he was aggressive (Hendo TOLD him to be!) but he passed out of the post for a ton of 3s

remember how many alley oops we had off the screen and roll from the elbow or the wing? have we had any of those this year? aaahh NOPE

we are missing two very special players. everyone has a different role. it is going to take a minute. and they were also depending on Luke being a very very tough to stop presence in the post. i have NO INFORMATION but i have a bad feeling this foot thing is going to linger like Dougs did in year two

that all said i think this team is gonna be very good. i have said it before, but i really believe Te Slaa is gonna end up playing a lot of the point minutes
                              Agree on all accounts -- solid point with Doug. Both he and Baylor ran a clinic for pace and ball movement. Mims, Zeke, Arians, Charlie, etc were the beneficiaries of wide open looks last year. It was the purest offensive basketball you could possibly ask for.

Comment

Originally posted by GoJacks2011 View Post

I never watched him play in high school but I too have been somewhat underwhelmed so far. Just a bit slow out there. Maybe it’s a confidence/freshman issue that hopefully improves over time.
                                Agreed he looks slightly less athletic than the others on the court. I think he'll definitely contribute in his career and will settle in, but it might be hard for him to find a ton of minutes this year with Dent, WKIII, and Appel. And I think that's all ok -- the collective South Dakota population just needs to reset the expectations for him a bit. It's ok for him to need a little bit of time getting his body right and just catching up to D1 basketball speed.

Felt bad for him, though. He dropped a long outlet pass out of bounds that should've been a pretty easy play. And normally is an easy play for him. He's definitely just pressing and probably feels the weight of expectations. He'll be a contributor for the Jacks over the next few years.

Comment

Working...
                                X