Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LetsGoRabbits
    replied
    As i have said before, i would be SO HAPPY if U of nebraska athletics could return to relevance!!

i agree with you he will get something. he will get would sounds like it is going to be a very nice chunk of money, probably life changing money

and YES he would play against Big 10 competition every conference game

i politely disagree with almost everything else

it is VERY severely cherry picking information to point out that UNL beat the jacks in the last 3 years. conveniently that was 3 years ago and FIVE games into the hendo era

brandon key was still starting, he should have NEVER started a game at sdsu, and he was coincidentally tied with baylor for 2nd most shot attempts. that also should have never happened.

baylor was not starting yet and was still very much an unknown quantity. all potential no production at that point

trey buchanon was the second leading scorer

those jacks were definitely still trying to find their identity

BTW for those who doubt Mr Wilson rebounding ability. that was prior to baylor being a key rebounder and Doug had 15 pts and 14 boards

ANYWAY, if you recall the jacks lost a lot of games that were close for most of the game in the OOC part of that year

if the jacks played nebraska 10 times in the last two years i would bet a ton of money on the jacks to win 7 or more.

as far as the nba questions, YES he would play better competition night in and night out, but those questions would be changed for what kind of numbers would he put up if he was playing with teammates who deserved more shots and
    people saying he is just putting up numbers in a bunch of games that dont matter because they are getting their butts kicked more often than not
    i could go on, but he would NOT eliminate questions about his nba ability. he would just get different questions

but whatever the questions are, really does not matter, he simply is NOT a guaranteed nba player. he is NOT a guaranteed lottery pick. he is a very VERY GOOD basketball player but just on the borderline of being able to contribute to an nba team

and it does not matter where he goes to school or who he plays against! the nba is totally aware of him and what his ability to play in the nba is

he got some very very bad advice, most likely from someone or someones who had goals other than what was best for baylor guiding their thinking

but hopefully his experience has been educational for his former teammates
    and informative to the ncaa about what a terrible system they have created

Leave a comment:

• NebraskaJack
    replied
    We all know Nebraska has been a pretty bad basketball team the last few years, but it doesn't surprise me that Baylor may end up there.
    He would be closer to home playing in front of family and friends, all the NIL money. He still has to score against and defend B1G players some of which will be pro quality. What was the biggest knock on both Daum and Wolters? It was the quality of competition and how they would fare against pro players. Baylor is taking that out of the equation.
    He will play for a coach with all kinds of NBA connections and resources. He will be in front of scouts almost every night just because of the competition he will face. He will practice and scrimmage daily against 3 and 4 star players. He won't be the tallest wing on the court where he can get away with solely using his height as an advantage. Now when he drives the lane there will probably be 6'10" or taller waiting to meet him.
    He will have better facilities, trainers, dietitians and training table at his fingertips. There is no guarantee he will go pro, the NIL money will give him a huge start on life should the pro leagues not pan out.
    As bad as Nebraska has been the last 3 years, and they have been bad, here's a few things to consider. After this draft they will have put 3 guys in the pros in the last 4 years. Last year they still had 2 top 25 wins including a top 10. In three years they only have 24 total wins, but 5 have been against Summit league teams including NDSU, USD and SDSU all teams routinely at the top of our conference. If he could be the guy that gets them to the tournament or heaven forbid win a game, he will end up with a job that will set him up for life, something SDSU couldn't offer.

I wish he was still at SDSU, and I don't think Nebraska is the best option for him but you guys are acting like he would get nothing out of going there and that just isn't true.

Leave a comment:

• 91jack
    replied
    The Kansas City Star has Baylor's choice down to 5 schools. They have Duke, Creighton, Nebraska, Arkansas and Clemson as his final 5. I still see him at either Nebraska or Creighton. Those were my guesses from the beginning and that has not changed.
    I will be sad to see him go but he has to do what he thinks is best for him.
    If he had to sit out a season, I don't think we would be wondering about this but it is not that way anymore.

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied
    Sam Vecenie, NBA writer for the Athletic , put out an article today ranking the top 100 prospects for the upcoming draft. Baylor comes in at # 71. Going to need to have a great G-League camp to maybe get a Combine invite if he has any hope to crack the top 60.

Leave a comment:

• jbjack
    replied
    In other news, the "playforhim3" Twitter handle has been replaced with "(b)allforNIL."

Seriously though, this does make some sense. If the move was about NIL and a similar role, he needed a school with sycophancy and an opportunity to continue his role. The role piece doesn't happen at a blue blood or even a good, not great team. Nebraska sucks. Yet some of the GBR from their mediocre FB team must bleed over to men's hoops and there must be decent NIL money to be made in the corn hole state.

Leave a comment:

• MontanaRabbit
    replied
    If I'm Hendo, I'm in Baylor's ear right now about coming back for one more year and then transferring to a P5 school for his last year to "prove" himself.

As far as SDSU fans? I'm guessing he will be supported no differently than had this not happened. Umude entered the portal and came back once. I don't think he got booed by the USD faithful.

I can't blame Baylor for trying to capitalize monetarily on this thing. It's the system that's a joke. I also agree he's probably getting bad advice from a sleazeball "agent". This is the same jackass that tried to blackmail the Miami booster for more money. He failed miserably.

Leave a comment:

• LetsGoRabbits
    replied
    Originally posted by goon View Post

If this is true, this then is not a basketball decision. Purely a money grab while the iron is hot. If it was a basketball choice. come back, win a 2nd summit league player of the year. avg 22 and 12 and dominate the stats and then try for the nba/g league to develop further.

Same G cant be very happy about that if that would be the case.
    i was busy writing about the same thing while you posted this but,

i DO NOT think it was about the money to begin. why couldnt he say that. NOBODY would fault him for saying the money is life changing and it is not possible to say no

but there wasnt a teeny tiny mention of that initially

i believe baylor and family TOTALLY bought the BS they were told about being able to have the same role he had with the jacks except at duke or kentucky!! i mean i really really think baylor is a good kid!! but i think he got blinded by the bright lights because you would have to be taking some seriously powerful drugs to believe that!!!

now that the realization has hit that they were living in a fantasy, the money will be a solid consolation prize and hopefully cushion the blow that he could very well be playing for a worse team

i would have to go back and look for sure but i think last year husker team lost more games than baylor lost in 3 years with the jacks. if not it is dang close

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied
    Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
    100% with you. I guess I should tap the brakes on these posts until an official announcement comes out...but if Nebraska ends up being his choice...WOW

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
    I guess if this college basketball insider with 48 Twitter followers makes a different prediction every day, he has a better chance of one of them being correct, yes ?

Leave a comment:

• LetsGoRabbits
    replied
    My opinion...

His agent thought he was P5 material and could get a huge NIL deal. They put out a list of all these schools and kept widdling it down. NONE of them were gonna budge on the demands and he is stuck with Nebraska. No way he chooses them if even ONE of the bluebloods come close to meeting his demands.

He went from being ONE of THE GUYS on a team that won 30 games and went to the tourney and was within 3pts of going to round 2 with 30 seconds to go

to being probably the guy on a team that will have basically zero chance of going to the tourney and almost guaranteed loses half their games

is there really NO WAY to eat a little bit of crow and come back to a very good team and prove himself and get his exposure by being the guy to get the first tourney win for the jacks???

i am guessing it is not possible, but i wish it could be!!!! how would fans treat him???

i guess he just goes and takes consolation in the money, because going to nebraska is absolutely NOT going to eliminate the questions about how he fits in the nba!!! the questions might be slightly different but there will still be more than plenty of questions

probably a big consolation for the jacks- you would think that the next time an agent starts blowing smoke up one of the rabbit players hind end they are gonna do a heck of a lot more research before they start talking about getting more exposure some place else

OR they will just leave for the money and keep their mouth shut about everything else

Leave a comment:

• goon
    replied
    My opinion...

His agent thought he was P5 material and could get a huge NIL deal. They put out a list of all these schools and kept widdling it down. NONE of them were gonna budge on the demands and he is stuck with Nebraska. No way he chooses them if even ONE of the bluebloods come close to meeting his demands.

If this is true, this then is not a basketball decision. Purely a money grab while the iron is hot. If it was a basketball choice. come back, win a 2nd summit league player of the year. avg 22 and 12 and dominate the stats and then try for the nba/g league to develop further.

Same G cant be very happy about that if that would be the case.

Leave a comment:

• jacks1
    replied
    Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

the tweet seems to give some indication that it is not official

before someone says that it is OFFICIAL, just a second!! i need to install a seatbelt on my lazy boy or i might fall out and get injured from laughing so hard!!

you have to be kidding!!!

that was one incredible sales job somebody put on baylor

the MOST COVETED player in the portal my a.....

they were so much worse than the team he last played on there may not be tools to measure, and if he is there plus other additions it is probably a toss up at best

he was gonna go to duke or kentucky or kansas, but somehow is looking likely to end up at a team that has had a winning record twice in over 10 years and one of those was like 16-14

but at least he will be close to home so more friends and family can come to the games and ask him and the fam face to face WTF were you thinking???
    100% with you. I guess I should tap the brakes on these posts until an official announcement comes out...but if Nebraska ends up being his choice...WOW

Leave a comment:

• LetsGoRabbits
    replied
    Originally posted by OldHare View Post

The Huskers may be able to beat WIU in Lincoln now.
    the tweet seems to give some indication that it is not official

before someone says that it is OFFICIAL, just a second!! i need to install a seatbelt on my lazy boy or i might fall out and get injured from laughing so hard!!

you have to be kidding!!!

that was one incredible sales job somebody put on baylor

the MOST COVETED player in the portal my a.....

they were so much worse than the team he last played on there may not be tools to measure, and if he is there plus other additions it is probably a toss up at best

he was gonna go to duke or kentucky or kansas, but somehow is looking likely to end up at a team that has had a winning record twice in over 10 years and one of those was like 16-14

but at least he will be close to home so more friends and family can come to the games and ask him and the fam face to face WTF were you thinking???

Leave a comment:

• jacks1
    replied
    My opinion...

Leave a comment:

• OldHare
    replied
    W.T.F.

https://twitter.com/BruceAhrensCBB/s...PnEy_HiQQ&s=19

The Huskers may be able to beat WIU in Lincoln now.

Leave a comment:

• jacks1
    replied
    I think Jacks vs. Huskers at the Pentagon needs to happen...

Leave a comment:

Working...
X