No announcement yet.

All About Baylor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I rarely cheered for Creighton before Baylor went there, and I don't expect to cheer for the Bluejays much in the future. I'm not convinced that his transfer there improved Scheierman's long-term basketball future any. He'll pick up some NIL money at Creighton, but I don't think his path to the NBA will be any easier. The conference is full of NBA wannabes. Standing out in the crowd won't be easy.
    (Correction: Creighton plays in Big East, not the SEC.)
    Last edited by Jacked_Up; 05-18-2022, 08:44 PM.
    This space for lease.

Comment

• Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
      I rarely cheered for Creighton before Baylor went there, and I don't expect to cheer for the Bluejays much in the future. I'm not convinced that his transfer there improved Scheierman's long-term basketball future any. He'll pick up some NIL money at Creighton, but I don't think his path to the NBA will be any easier. The SEC is full of NBA wannabes. Standing out in the crowd won't be easy.
      Getting more exposure doesn't necessarily translate to a better shot in the NBA. Going to the title game with TT got Mooney 5 NBA games. Umude didn't get invited to any of the pre-draft camps after playing at Arkansas. Time will tell a year from now with Obanor, but I doubt he will have much of a shot at the NBA.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

Getting more exposure doesn't necessarily translate to a better shot in the NBA. Going to the title game with TT got Mooney 5 NBA games. Umude didn't get invited to any of the pre-draft camps after playing at Arkansas. Time will tell a year from now with Obanor, but I doubt he will have much of a shot at the NBA.
        I agree.The most successful, recent NBA player from the Summit League probably is John Konchar, who stuck with Purdue Fort Wayne and now plays with the Memphis Grizzlies.
        This space for lease.

Comment

Working...
        X