No announcement yet.

Way Too Early 2022-2023 Summit League Outlook

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the HUUUUUUGE KEY is Allick being healthy! i think they have a chance to be the 3rd best team in the conference, maybe a very good chance!

but i am not positive how good either of these two transfers are. everyone else is convinced they are difference makers? boogie has shown literally NO ability to score outside of 3-5 feet. and mmh had some big moments against us in SLT final but i dont think he has shown ANY consistency, has he?

obviously they were recruited for a reason at some point, but the jury is still out for me. boogie seems to be a solid defender and gotta think coming from ndsu that hayes has a solid understanding of defense, so they probably both fit well from that standpoint!! but the roos are gonna need someone else to put the ball in the hoop

Comment

• Other than SDSU being odds on favorite to be picked to win the Summit Conference is the only thing i can say for sure for next season. USD, NDSU both have lost number of players either to graduation or transfer so it's going to be hard to know what they will have for teams next year. KC could become contender for either 2 or 3 spot in the league. Denver could improve next year but recently it's been two steps forward and then step backwards. WIU will be how they put another team together with transfers and nobody knows. Omaha has very good player Fidler to build around but with new coaching hard to tell how that turns out, UND has several new recruits that could make impact and team getting healthy and continued development of the freshman could make move up in the conference but loss Bruns and being such young team doubtful they reach past 4 or 5 spot in conference. I expect St. Thomas to fall back as they now transition to DI putting a team of the future together. Finally ORU seems like team in transition but will depend on the future talent they bring into the program how high they will be next year. I look at next year Summit Conference as SDSU positioning themselves for the NCAA tournament and how high seed they can get and if they can finally make run in the tournament. The rest of league will be playing for 2 place and if they choose to play in NIT tournament and if its NDSU they won't be like this year which I don't understand.

Comment

• Yotes should be loaded on the guard and wing spots with Plitzuweit & Bruns leading the way. Perrot-Hunt returns to the team which is a plus as well. Archambeau and Hayes add experience to the team. Kamateros is still on the roster who led the 3 point shooting last year without Plitzuweit. 6'11" Zizic played some, but he needs the fire lit this year to keep up with the rest. Boogie Anderson may have left as he could see his minutes diminish next season and the Roos had a slot for him to play. The yotes appear to be a competitive team in 2022-23.
        Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

• Originally posted by salemjack View Post
          https://twitter.com/kelosweeter/stat...vFMXewQ0KZaEEA

USD to UMKC. UMKC sneakily going to be a threat next year.
          This didn’t last long.

Comment

• Originally posted by salemjack View Post

This didn’t last long.
            And now Allick has entered the portal.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

And now Allick has entered the portal.
              well that was not too difficult to see coming

they had a good young guard also. or at least one who showed potential. i think he was supposed to be a very significant recruit for them last year. i think Barnes. wont be surprising to see him look at his options too.

do these players all assume that the jacks have too much coming back and they would not be able to get the time they hope for. that is my guess, otherwise it is a bit tough to guess why these players who know the summit and see what it is like to play at sdsu are not looking to come to brookings

Allick is a HECKUVA player. seems like a no brainer first team all conference if healthy next year. the kind of player you would love to have, at least from a basketball ability/ skills standpoint!!!! but i think he has just one or two years remaining and probably does not want to compete for time with appel, dent, mohrs. and hopefully lien and kyle are ready and able to grab at least a few minutes a game

i know absolutely nothing about him as a person, and obviously the jacks try very hard to have players who fit their program and style, but you would think we might have a bit of an in with Allick since we have two fellow Lincoln area players on the roster. maybe he will join his other fellow Lincolnite, mr greisel at UNL

i also wonder if any of these summit transfers are considering st thomas. harden hayes is a minnesota native as i recall. they play a style that you would think is attractive to players, or at least looks like it would be fun. at one time you would think the twin cities would have been a big draw for players. probably still has some appeal

Comment

• Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

well that was not too difficult to see coming

they had a good young guard also. or at least one who showed potential. i think he was supposed to be a very significant recruit for them last year. i think Barnes. wont be surprising to see him look at his options too.

do these players all assume that the jacks have too much coming back and they would not be able to get the time they hope for. that is my guess, otherwise it is a bit tough to guess why these players who know the summit and see what it is like to play at sdsu are not looking to come to brookings

Allick is a HECKUVA player. seems like a no brainer first team all conference if healthy next year. the kind of player you would love to have, at least from a basketball ability/ skills standpoint!!!! but i think he has just one or two years remaining and probably does not want to compete for time with appel, dent, mohrs. and hopefully lien and kyle are ready and able to grab at least a few minutes a game

i know absolutely nothing about him as a person, and obviously the jacks try very hard to have players who fit their program and style, but you would think we might have a bit of an in with Allick since we have two fellow Lincoln area players on the roster. maybe he will join his other fellow Lincolnite, mr greisel at UNL

i also wonder if any of these summit transfers are considering st thomas. harden hayes is a minnesota native as i recall. they play a style that you would think is attractive to players, or at least looks like it would be fun. at one time you would think the twin cities would have been a big draw for players. probably still has some appeal
                If Baylor returns, the Jacks will be full with 13 on scholarship, and Gentry and Hastreiter walking on.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

If Baylor returns, the Jacks will be full with 13 on scholarship, and Gentry and Hastreiter walking on.
                  was Garry on scholarship immediately? i was not sure we had a scholarship available for him when he verballed.

and... YES i understand. and i believe it is 99.9999% baylor is coming back!

but talent wise Allick would be a good replacement if that scholarship opened. unfortunately i just dont think that either the player or the jacks would seriously consider that. it would mean that somebody would have to play a lot of minutes out of position or someone who is good enough to be on the all conference team would be getting reduced time

anyway it was not my intent at all to say the jacks should make a push to have him. rather he is a very very good player. the kind you would love to have! but there is only one ball and so many minutes to go around and the rabbit den is pretty full even on the miniscule chance that baylor does not return

if baylor and max both happened to be gone next year i think he would have been pre season favorite for POY

Comment

• https://twitter.com/goodmanhoops/sta...46VGfjOCnWLy_Q

Comment

Working...
                    X