Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GDT: Washington vs SDSU 8:30pm ESPN+ Pentagon

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    This is the Doug Wilson we saw two years ago.

    Comment


    • #17
      Washington is shooting 58% and the Jacks can’t buy a stop.

      To beat teams like this, like in the NCAA tournament, they need to shoot well from three. Live by the three and die by the three against P5 teams.
      Last edited by YanktonJack7; 11-23-2021, 10:59 PM.

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
        Washington is shooting 58%
        And most of them have fairly well-contested. It's hard to come back when a team shoots like that.

        Comment


        • #19
          Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

          And most of them have fairly well-contested. It's hard to come back when a team shoots like that.
          A few in the 2nd half but they got some really really clean looks in the 1st half.

          Sloppy play and poor shot selection at times.

          When the shots fall like last night we look unbeatable but we are going to need to play better defense to win games like these.

          Comment


          • #20
            Hopefully the Wilson ankle/foot thing is just a minor tweek.

            Comment


            • #21
              Tough loss but that was one of the most fun and electric games I’ve been to in a while. Do worry about the lack of use of the bench playing a factor into energy levels tomorrow night.

              Comment


              • #22
                This one had a strange vibe from the get go. Washington and their bench had a ton of energy and we looked tentative. They made some shots that typically wont fall but tonight they nearly all did. Just one of those nights where our good looks didnt fall, their tough shots did, coupled with some uncharacteristic sloppy play at times. This one stings, doesn't feel good at all. Not often your truly and clearly the better team against a P5 and get to play them in your home state. Hopefully Washington exceeds expectations in the Pac 12 so this doesnt look soooo bad come the end of the year.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Originally posted by filbert View Post
                  Obviously you just need to be louder---as a proper example to the kids.
                  So we didnt make it since kids didn't get their chores done, so it wasn't my fault this time. Watching on TV and it felt like, yep, this is typically how SDSU plays at the pentagon. We were sloppy and just looked off.


                  Also, does anyone know what was going on with Friedel with his Knee wrapped? It sure looked like he was off for most of the game with it.....

                  Also hope dougs ankle is ok.

                  Frustrating everytime we made a run to get it to 4 or 5, they scored 5 or 6 points in 30 seconds to get right back to a 10 point lead. this game feels like it was lost in the first 10 minutes missing shots and letting them hit open shots to build a lead early.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done. Arnold Palmer

                  Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    And Washington gets destroyed by Nevada tonight.

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by tbjack View Post
                      This one had a strange vibe from the get go. Washington and their bench had a ton of energy and we looked tentative. They made some shots that typically wont fall but tonight they nearly all did. Just one of those nights where our good looks didnt fall, their tough shots did, coupled with some uncharacteristic sloppy play at times. This one stings, doesn't feel good at all. Not often your truly and clearly the better team against a P5 and get to play them in your home state. Hopefully Washington exceeds expectations in the Pac 12 so this doesnt look soooo bad come the end of the year.
                      Yeah, it wasn't a good night for the Jackrabbits.

                      One thing I noticed in the 2nd half... we stopped playing 9 guys... they just stuck with 5 or 6.

                      I know they plan to play all 9 most nights, so I was a bit confused by this. Maybe they were hoping to make "one push" to get over the top, but never got there.

                      Washington played their best game of the season, unfortunately, and the Jackrabbits played our worst. But that's no excuse.

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Both Washington and Nevada are canceling games due to Covid issues in their programs. Given the timing, very likely it was contracted in Sioux Falls last week. Hopefully the Jacks will stay clean.

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          "likely" does not seem like the correct word, let alone "very likely" POSSIBLE seems a better choice. we have no idea what the holiday plans/ activities were for these two programs. maybe they let the players go home for a small time after the tournament. a whole team full of players going to places perhaps all over the country and just one of them needs to bring it back. symptoms can appear within 48 hours. i just do not think it does any good to assume they got it in sioux falls

                          if it did come from SF it would seem MOST likely that the jacks would see the signs as soon or sooner than anyone

                          anyway, i think your intended point was to HOPE that the jacks would remain healthy. I DEFINITELY HOPE SO TOO. that point can be made without stating that it is very likely that other teams got covid while visiting sioux falls

                          i am NOT trying to be angry or rude or any other negative thought or feeling. just think care needs to be taken to NOT promote those type of assumptions

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post
                            "likely" does not seem like the correct word, let alone "very likely" POSSIBLE seems a better choice. we have no idea what the holiday plans/ activities were for these two programs. maybe they let the players go home for a small time after the tournament. a whole team full of players going to places perhaps all over the country and just one of them needs to bring it back. symptoms can appear within 48 hours. i just do not think it does any good to assume they got it in sioux falls

                            if it did come from SF it would seem MOST likely that the jacks would see the signs as soon or sooner than anyone

                            anyway, i think your intended point was to HOPE that the jacks would remain healthy. I DEFINITELY HOPE SO TOO. that point can be made without stating that it is very likely that other teams got covid while visiting sioux falls

                            i am NOT trying to be angry or rude or any other negative thought or feeling. just think care needs to be taken to NOT promote those type of assumptions
                            It would be a big coincidence that two of the four teams that took part have issues one week after leaving Sioux Falls, when there are very few other teams in the country having to cancel games.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              ok, you are welcome to your thoughts. but would it not also seem like if it came from sioux falls that the rabbits would have been the most likely to have it??

                              just not sure i see ANY benefit to making the assumption that they got it in sioux falls??? there are literally endless other possibilities. if you send two groups of about 20 people off to 20 different homes for the holiday and at those homes they have guests from multiple other locations. it is a LOT of possibilities. WHAT is the benefit or need to assume it came from one place??????

                              AGAIN, is it POSSIBLE? you bet it is

                              is it likely? very likely? not a lot more likely than a lot of other scenarios

                              anyway i will not promote this conversation further. you have every right to your thoughts.

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                FWIW, George Mason had a positive test this week also.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X