GDT: Nevada vs SDSU 4pm Pentagon FloSports Crossover Classic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: Nevada vs SDSU 4pm Pentagon FloSports Crossover Classic

Nevada comes to Sioux Falls 1-3 with losses to San Diego, Santa Clara, and San Francisco with a home win over EWU. Steve Alford is in year 3 as head coach. It appears they have started 2 7'0" junior players. There are 3 juniors, 1 senior and 1 sophomore starting recently. The Wolf Pack lead the series 3-1. There are 4 more players that rotate 14 minutes to 23.5 minutes bringing 31 pts/game. Nevada is often in the Top 25 during the season. Jackrabbits should be well rested to begin this Crossover Classic. Expect the Jackrabbits to play well for this round robin tournament games. Go Jacks!!

Please note that 6pm CST on ESPN+ is the correct information for the game.
    Last edited by OldHare; 11-22-2021, 10:55 AM.
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Gojacks has the game at 6pm. Has there been a change?

Comment

Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
      Gojacks has the game at 6pm. Has there been a change?
      I had used the Pacific Time when I pushed 4pm. duh... I have been jumping around too many sites without paying attention. Good catch. I also have seen FloSports as the source and now I find that ESPN+ is the flagship for video. My apologies for the misinformation.
      Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Really hoping we have decent crowd this week in Sioux Falls. Need to at least fill the Pentagon if we want to continue to have opportunities like this against quality opponents in Sioux Falls. Pretty rare for a mid major to have an opportunity like this and hoping it continues.

Comment

Agreed. Looks like a lot of seats still open on ticketmaster. $30/ticket is pretty reason when considering the level of competition and the fact you get both games per night.

Comment

Appel really frustrates me sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Scheierman might be my favorite Jackrabbit MBB player to watch of all time, and that's saying something considering how fun it was to watch Wolters and Daum.
              If you think nobody cares about you, try missing a couple of payments.
              - Steven Wright

Comment

Just a dominating performance. Nevada was picked third in the Mountain West.

Jacks were only a 2.5 point favorite IIRC.

Comment

Originally posted by salemjack View Post
                  Appel really frustrates me sometimes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                  Both Appel and Dentlinger are too tentative when they get the ball down low. They fake, and fake again and by that time three people collapse on them. Quit thinking and just go up with the ball.

Comment

Really impressive win, and could still play a lot better. Too many turnovers, and some iffy perimeter defense.

Comment

Dominant win against a Mountain West team. SDSU is really, really good. I hope some people come out and watch SDSU Washington tomorrow. The only thing disappointing tonight was the surprisingly very weak attendance.

Comment

Pretty much as dominant as could be. The ball movement and shot-making is beauty in motion. People should really get off their asses and come watch. This is the most impressive all-around product that SDSU has ever put on the floor, and people need to not take it for granted.

Comment

Originally posted by naters_gonna_nate View Post
                          Pretty much as dominant as could be. The ball movement and shot-making is beauty in motion. People should really get off their asses and come watch. This is the most impressive all-around product that SDSU has ever put on the floor, and people need to not take it for granted.
                          hold your horses there a moment mr nate))

definitely a good team and FUN to watch!! and they have definitely an opportunity to put themselves in that conversation, but not there YET

anyone can have their personal favs but i think the most talented team to this point is MR Daum freshman year, with george, deondre, bittle, and this moment i am having brain lock on the walk on from OG. i would go so far as to speculate that team would have made ANY discussion pointless except for the thing that ALWAYS happens to our teams. bittle, marshall, and parks all dealing with some injury or another as the year went along. Bittle was never the same threat offensively after his injury but early in the year he dominated minnesota

that said, if Douglas can do what he has been unable to do so far and stay healthy and the rest of them too then YES YES YES they can put themselves in the conversation

Comment

Some of the frustration with Luke and Matt I get... but remember they are 6'7" and 6'8" going up against 7'0 guys. They way they play, Dent with his straight power (back down), and Luke with his spin moves... those don't work well against guys that big. Doug plays with a different slashing style, so it doesn't bother him as much. Appel and Dent will be fine against what we see in the Summit.

The ball movement is fantastic. The rebounding is what has impressed me most. This is where our guards come into play... Alex, Baylor, Noah... all rebound well for guards... Charlie too.

That Washington for Nevada last night? Very good player.

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                              Some of the frustration with Luke and Matt I get... but remember they are 6'7" and 6'8" going up against 7'0 guys. They way they play, Dent with his straight power (back down), and Luke with his spin moves... those don't work well against guys that big. Doug plays with a different slashing style, so it doesn't bother him as much. Appel and Dent will be fine against what we see in the Summit.

The ball movement is fantastic. The rebounding is what has impressed me most. This is where our guards come into play... Alex, Baylor, Noah... all rebound well for guards... Charlie too.

That Washington for Nevada last night? Very good player.
                              This is spot on. Appel and Dentlinger are undersized and are going to get shots blocked in these kind of games. As stated they will be fine in the Summit. More interested in their ability to kick back out passes to shooters and players slashing to the basket. If they continue to play tough defense and utilize their fouls than they are contributing. Would be nice to see Wingett get a few more minutes. Imagine he will with two games in two days.

Comment

Working...
                              X