Future Rosters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by peavy View Post

Here's the working link to the David Cobb article you mentioned. My guess is that he just didn't do his homework. Baylor wouldn't be getting offers from 30+ schools a day or two after entering the portal if he wasn't considered a top transfer. Here are some articles and an analytics site that have him listed in the top 4.

Ranking the best available men’s college basketball transfers, high school recruits: Malachi Smith joins top 10 - The Athletic written by Sam Vecenie and CJ Moore
    listed at #2 - "Scheierman was a point forward for the Jackrabbits and is one of the most skilled players in the country. He’s a knockdown shooter with deep range..."
    the write up is long, so i'll just post it as an image here

The Top College Basketball Transfers for 2022-23 - WatchStadium.com - written by Jeff Goodman
    Baylor is listed at #4 - “Elite shooter, elite passer, has great size and can also get to the basket and make plays for himself and his teammates. The one weakness? Defense. But he can do everything else.”

Baylor Schierman and the Top 20 Players Available in the NCAA Men's Basketball Transfer Portal - USA Today Sports - written by Bryan Kalbrosky
    Baylor listed at #2 - "South Dakota State’s Baylor Scheierman was referenced as the “most coveted” in transfer portal history. Less than one day after news of his potential transfer broke, Scheierman has reportedly heard from Kansas, Duke, Kentucky, Baylor, Gonzaga, UNC, Arizona, and many more..." another long one, so here is the rest of it

Evan Miya from Evanmiya.com
    Baylor listed as #4 top transfer according to the analytics

I am not trying to debate you on how good BS is or is not. He is obviously very good.

My point is … just because BS lists a dozen schools as his potential transfer destination doesn’t mean he’s going to end up at whichever one he chooses. I have no doubt that Duke, UK, KU and others are interested in him. They’d be dumb NOT to show interest in him. Just because they are showing interest doesn’t mean they’ve reserved a scholarship for him. IF and it’s a big if … BS decided today he wants to go to Kentucky doesn’t mean it’s a done deal. Kentucky is currently pursuing a dozen different portal guys … they’ve got to decide who they want. They may be hoping for someone else and BS could be a fallback option. Or maybe UK thinks he’s the next version of Tyler Herro. Who knows.

Im personally not a big fan on how BS has handled this … first declared for the draft with an option to return to SDSU and then … he’s all the sudden in the portal. The loyalty or lack thereof is disappointing to me. I’m sure it’s an NIL grab

Comment

• Sorry I hadn't fully read some of the earlier discussion. All that's needed is a roster spot (as you mentioned, easier said than done). He could be a walk-on with very nice NIL package (similar to what BYU football does but with much more $).

Originally posted by wcbsas View Post

That assumes Kentucky, Kansas or Duke has room, $ and opportunity that exceed what others can provide.
      Duke appears to be out of the mix due to lack of NIL money. Speaking of $ and unrelated to Baylor, this tweet (and this) related to a disgruntled Miami player demanding more NIL compensation is bound to ruffle some feathers.

Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
      When the final numbers come out of what his NIL deal includes you will all be blown away. And the frontrunner right now probably isn't who you think...
      You may be onto something...

Comment

• Originally posted by peavy View Post
        Sorry I hadn't fully read some of the earlier discussion. All that's needed is a roster spot (as you mentioned, easier said than done). He could be a walk-on with very nice NIL package (similar to what BYU football does but with much more $).

Duke appears to be out of the mix due to lack of NIL money. Speaking of $ and unrelated to Baylor, this tweet (and this) related to a disgruntled Miami player demanding more NIL compensation is bound to ruffle some feathers.

You may be onto something...
        haha EXACTLY!!!

and the disgruntled player is mad because he thinks the new transfer portal acquisition from K state is getting too much in comparison to his package

AND the disgruntled player, the K state transfer, and baylor are all represented by the same agent. just an excellent sign of how asinine and self serving this whole thing is!!

no doubt the agent got the best deal he could for the transfer.. then goes back to the donor and says that he thinks the returning player should get more based on what the transfer is getting and told the returning player to go to the media and threaten to leave if his NIL deal is not enhanced

it is a bunch of selfish and at least borderline criminal individuals and baylor has signed himself up with one that is right in the middle of all of it. absolutely NO DOUBT everyone involved is simply giving him the best possible advice with nothing more than his own best interests in mind

not to mention the donor in the article is said to have over 100 kids that he is paying to go to u of miami. but he has unimpeachable morals no doubt and says he does not renegotiate NIL contracts
        and i am pretty sure that it listed at least a few WBB players amongst his players so apparently there is at least a chance that WBB will not go unaffected by this stupidity(((

as i recall there was one HUGE donor who was tied to multiple sanctions against the u of miami athletic program in the not so long ago, preNIL days. i would not be even mildly shocked if this is the same donor

coach wood and the girls softball team better watch out. they have 8 sophomores on the roster who will be first team or nearly first team all conference!! this fella is gonna show up and buy the whole team

NO DOUBT this is definitely what is "best for the athletes" surely that is all that everyone involved wants

Comment

• Can't help but think of the " Show me the Money ! " line from Jerry Maguire.

Comment

• The latest example of the Miami situation will accelerate the need for the NCAA to reform this NIL scam. The players will soon opt for union representation if the players are allowed to make demands of the "higher education sports teams". Emmert jumped off the NCAA train at a great time for reform to be the next step. Meanwhile the transfer portal expands even larger.
            Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

• People were clamoring for this, now that they have it, they complain about it, typical. Not talking about anyone here, just people in general, mainly those on the wrong side of the system. I think amateur sports is just about dead. Yes, I do think the NCAA got greedy hoarding hundreds of millions of dollars too. I agree, reform of the system is required. I think the original idea of the NCAA was to take money out of college sports, that , except for them I guess.When things are based solely on money, there inevitably will be inequalities, that's just a given.
              Last edited by jackdaniel; 04-29-2022, 10:25 AM.

Comment

• Zeke made it known in a tweet he is not happy with GoJacks for removing BS from the male athlete of the year candidate list. I can see it both ways, just hope this doesn’t lead to more problems.

Comment

• Originally posted by 98Jackfarmer View Post
                  Zeke made it known in a tweet he is not happy with GoJacks for removing BS from the male athlete of the year candidate list. I can see it both ways, just hope this doesn’t lead to more problems.
                  He's gone after next season anyways. N-I-L...

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk

"Tell the truth and pay your bills and you don't have to back down from anyone"--My Dad

Comment

Zeke made it known in a tweet he is not happy with GoJacks for removing BS from the male athlete of the year candidate list. I can see it both ways, just hope this doesn’t lead to more problems.
                    yeah, not sure the details, but if he graduated I could see it, but if he is still technically a student at SDSU for now. Why not keep him on the list. Or if he gets drafted, would they remove him from the list since he didnt come back? seems like a strange change.
                    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

The decision about whether to include him should have been made before it was originally posted. It appears someone with some pull must have objected.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

The decision about whether to include him should have been made before it was originally posted. It appears someone with some pull must have objected.
                        I can see how someone in the athletic department would be upset with the way Baylor handled this whole situation.

Comment

• Well he should not be too upset. apparently there wont be too much exposure here for whoever the athlete of the year is so very few people are going to know about this either way

seems kind of ironic doesnt it?? he got enough exposure that so many scouts and agents and other schools knew about him that he could become, according to some, "maybe the most coveted player in the history of the transfer portal," but somehow that was not going to be enough exposure to get him a shot to play in the nba. yea right! things that make you go hmmmmm

but people were mad at Noah about his supposed parting shot at the jacks

i wish he would just say it is all about the money. NO WAY to fault him for that!!! and no doubt that is going to be the cause of more future problems. maybe for the first time ever me and jacks1 are in agreement, although i did beat you to calling that Zeke leaves next year. i already said him or Mohrs or both go after next year unless they have unbelievably disappointing years

if it is about the money i absolutely hate it but cannot blame him or anyone

but saying he was not getting an opportunity to get noticed playing at sdsu is BS obviously sdsu was pretty much the only school that gave him a shot to be noticed if you go back a few years

Comment

• Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post

I can see how someone in the athletic department would be upset with the way Baylor handled this whole situation.
                            I agree, but it was something that should have been discussed and decided before the poll was put up.

Comment

• Originally posted by jacks1 View Post
                              He's gone after next season anyways. N-I-L...

Sent from my SM-G981V using Tapatalk
                              I’m with you on this take.

Comment

Considering Baylor’s scenario, I can see why he did things the way he did: Enters NBA draft, gets told by scouts that he has to prove his game on a bigger level, plus the added bonus of Power 5 . I truly don’t think he would transfer unless he was eventually trying for the NBA. I agree with Zeke. Taking Baylor off the list is petty by the school’s end, and doesn’t encourage a great relationship with the athletes to do what is best for them.

Comment

Working...
                                X