No announcement yet.

Future Rosters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saw a report that the Jacks have contacted grad transfer Dru Kuxhausen from McNeese State. Originally from Scottsbluff, NE , he made 199 three's in the last two seasons, which is the most in the NCAA. Has one year of eligibility remaining.

Comment

Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
      Saw a report that the Jacks have contacted grad transfer Dru Kuxhausen from McNeese State. Originally from Scottsbluff, NE , he made 199 three's in the last two seasons, which is the most in the NCAA. Has one year of eligibility remaining.
      Looks like Jacks have competition, including from 'Roos and Mavs in Summit.

If he were to transfer to Jacks, they'd have three of the Omaha World-Herald's Class B "All Decade" team (Easley, Kuxhausen, and Scheierman).

Wingett, Daum, and Dykman were Class C honorees (with the first two "All Class" 2nd team honorees as well)

Comment

Originally posted by jakejc795 View Post

Looks like Jacks have competition, including from 'Roos and Mavs in Summit.

If he were to transfer to Jacks, they'd have three of the Omaha World-Herald's Class B "All Decade" team (Easley, Kuxhausen, and Scheierman).

Wingett, Daum, and Dykman were Class C honorees (with the first two "All Class" 2nd team honorees as well)
        If playing in the Big Dance is a goal, the Jacks should compete well with those two teams. If he wants to get closer to home, the Jacks should be a very attractive option with their up-tempo pace and willingness to put up threes along with a good chance for postseason play. Plus knowing a number of our current players.

Comment

If playing in the Big Dance is a goal, the Jacks should compete well with those two teams. If he wants to get closer to home, the Jacks should be a very attractive option with their up-tempo pace and willingness to put up threes along with a good chance for postseason play. Plus knowing a number of our current players.
          Plus, the Dairy Bar could develop "Kux Krunch"-flavored ice cream and run a three-scoop special based on the number of threes he makes in the first half.

Comment

Just saw a tweet that Parker Fox from Northern State has entered the transfer portal as a grad transfer. Just saw brief parts of a few of their games, and he looked to be a pretty athletic 6'8 that could help a lot of teams.

Comment

Watched him play in the state championship his senior year. He is a great shooter for sure. He literally had to be guarded when he crossed half court. I remember shaking my head when he launched one from the hash mark, I continued shaking it after it went in.....lol. He would definitely help us spread the floor.

Comment

Originally posted by NebraskaJack View Post

Watched him play in the state championship his senior year. He is a great shooter for sure. He literally had to be guarded when he crossed half court. I remember shaking my head when he launched one from the hash mark, I continued shaking it after it went in.....lol. He would definitely help us spread the floor.
                Very interesting I wonder what field would fit his grad studies. It’s unusual he landed at a football school to play basketball.

Comment

With Noah's status being an unknown, he would be the perfect addition. And if Noah comes back strong, which we all hope happens, he would allow our current guards to not have to play 30 + minutes.

Comment

With Noah's status being an unknown, he would be the perfect addition. And if Noah comes back strong, which we all hope happens, he would allow our current guards to not have to play 30 + minutes.
                    We just watched Abmas and Obanor play 45 min. Want to play? Get better.
                    It's just an old Army trick I learned in the Navy.

Comment

Interesting that this article mentions his difficulty shooting in "open arena" of Burton Coliseum (McNeese's temporary facility for this season due to Hurricanes Laura & Delta)

Comment

obviously it is limited exposure but what i have seen from state tourney, Sayler looks very good. seems to be able to get to about any place on the floor he wants to get and has a good looking shot. maybe he has some growing to do still as a sophomore- i mean physically. i would imagine he keeps working to grow his game.

the bruns kid from dakota valley looks very very smooth. dont know how he managed to end up at UND. obviously has a younger brother who is already playing but there is at least one more and i cannot remember maybe 2. i have heard that the brother who is currently in 7th or 8th grade will be the best player of the bunch. our current and future guard group looks pretty strong so maybe jacks were not making a strong push. DV coach is a former morningside player. i think no particular love for the jacks. glad this one is not ending up in vermin town

does anyone have any information what the Garry kid from desmet might do?? AGAIN i admit it is not like i have seen him play 20 times, but EVERY time i see him i am impressed. they list him at 6'3 maybe that is a bit exaggerated, but that is the only thing i see that would maybe make him not a fit. he is maybe a bit small- both hieght and stature.

Comment

Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post

does anyone have any information what the Garry kid from desmet might do?? AGAIN i admit it is not like i have seen him play 20 times, but EVERY time i see him i am impressed. they list him at 6'3 maybe that is a bit exaggerated, but that is the only thing i see that would maybe make him not a fit. he is maybe a bit small- both hieght and stature.
                          Has an offer from USF officially, but it seems like he should be getting better offers than that, good shooter and has some athleticism

Comment

Kalen Garry is a no brainer, IMO.

6'2" or 6'3" He's well built, and has room on his frame to add more weight.

He shot 56% from the field this past season. (and 47% from 3)

He goes to the hoop as well with his left hand as his right. (and he's right handed). In fact, he usually attacks people left, he looks like a lefty out there.

Sayler is a bit taller...and has a bit more to grow. But Garry is more polished in just about all areas, and is an impressive on defense as well.

I like both kids. Just my opinion.

Comment

yeah i like garry a LOT. and i really like the idea of this kind of kid being a jackrabbit. to me players like him and sayler were born to be jackrabbits- the small town rural kids kind of are what sdsu is about. if they can play at this level they are kind of modern day versions of steve brown, make tetzlaff, don jacobsen, the thomases, etc...i have absolutely NOTHING against city kids!!! and obviously we had a great one from st cloud, and plenty from chicago area, sioux falls, etc

but at the foundation sdsu is an ag school and i still think a school with small town values. as a coach and teacher i have had LOTS of kids visit both sdsu and usd. maybe you dont realize but when kids visit usd they actually make fun of sdsu for having kids who wear cowboy boots and hats and for having places in the dorms where kids can clean ducks or pheasants or fish, etc.. i ALWAYS wonder what in the hell do they think that SD in their name stands for??

anyway, i am obviously a bit old fashioned and romanticize some of those things. dont need too much discussion of that i FULLY know there is good and bad to everything

BUT if kids like kalen garry can be successful at this level then i think it is really important that we have them staying at sdsu. that said i do think he looks VERY GOOD but i do not think de smet has played up very much if at all so i do not know what exposure he has had beyond class B competition. that said he has ALWAYS played very well against the best competition at the state tournament, including 2 year ago as a freshman against D! athlete chase mason and some other very good athletes on that squad

Comment

Originally posted by DieselJacks View Post

Has an offer from USF officially, but it seems like he should be getting better offers than that, good shooter and has some athleticism
                                I know his dad and Kalen also has an offer from Northern. SDSU and usd have talked to him. He wants to be a Jackrabbit.

Comment

Working...
                                X