Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Future Rosters

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Glad Obanor left if he stayed they would have probably been top 25 ranked all year.

    Ndsu looks like the team to beat next year depending what oru loses.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done. Arnold Palmer

    Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

    Comment


    • Originally posted by goon View Post
      Glad Obanor left if he stayed they would have probably been top 25 ranked all year.

      Ndsu looks like the team to beat next year depending what oru loses.
      That depends on if Grant Nelson sticks around

      Comment


      • Originally posted by salemjack View Post

        That depends on if Grant Nelson sticks around
        Same. If we lose Mayo or they lose Nelson would be a huge loss for both teams.
        "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done. Arnold Palmer

        Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

        Comment


        • Originally posted by goon View Post
          Glad Obanor left if he stayed they would have probably been top 25 ranked all year.

          Ndsu looks like the team to beat next year depending what oru loses.
          as long as ORU does not land some more 1st team all conference types out of the portal again they should take a bit of a step back. they have mcbride and mwamba coming back to lead them next year and that will be a good start. if they pick up another 1st team type player that could make them the team to beat again, but losing Abmas alone is definitely a big loss and they are also losing 3 other players who contributed a lot to their previous ncaa run

          guessing/ hoping oru cannot continue to hit a homerun in the portal lottery every time, should make the bison and the jacks the teams to beat. UST brings back first team all league Rhode and that will be a good place to start but lose cornerstones Miller and Bjorklund

          i also think UMKC could be tough. they have 6 or 7 freshman who look like potential very good players and several contributed a lot already

          but if nelson stays i think the bison are preseason favorites and even if they lose him, they will still have Morgan for two more years and all those young players gained a lot of experience this year. and i DEFINITELY dont count the jacks out. WK and Appel and Charley and Mims will be a good start even if Zeke was gone (i tend to think he will not be!!) and i think Mors shows improvements next year as well as the others in that class. you all know i could go on, but i will leave it there for now

          Comment


          • I heard Zeke gf is a volleyball player and he isnt going anywhere.

            Comment


            • Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
              I heard Zeke gf is a volleyball player and he isnt going anywhere.
              Baylor wasn’t going anywhere either last year. Things can change quick and I don’t think we can rest easy until the portal window closes…and that’s probably true for both mbb and fb.


              Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

              Comment


              • I hope we get at least one more season from Zeke. Most players like Baylor who transfer for more exposure/tougher competition often play 3 years and transfer for their senior season. Players who transfer earlier than that usually do so because of issues with a coach/playing time etc... Zeke definitely is in a system that allows him to showcase his offensive skills that he might not get in many other programs, especially at higher levels.

                Comment


                • Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post
                  I hope we get at least one more season from Zeke. Most players like Baylor who transfer for more exposure/tougher competition often play 3 years and transfer for their senior season. Players who transfer earlier than that usually do so because of issues with a coach/playing time etc... Zeke definitely is in a system that allows him to showcase his offensive skills that he might not get in many other programs, especially at higher levels.
                  One of the issues with this years team (not saying it’s Zeke) but seeing Baylor get paid made everyone think/wonder whether they could/should too. There are some guys on this team who are looking to see what might happen at the end of this season.

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by wcbsas View Post
                    One of the issues with this years team (not saying it’s Zeke) but seeing Baylor get paid made everyone think/wonder whether they could/should too. There are some guys on this team who are looking to see what might happen at the end of this season.
                    I get what you are saying, but not one of the players on this year's roster is Baylor. Watching Creighton last night showed why he was valued by so many schools. Never say never, but it feels like we will get another year out of the underclassman on this year's roster. Next year, likely a different story as Zeke could very well be a hot item in the transfer portal.

                    NDSU are in a different boat, they are young, have talent, but Nelson is almost certain to be gone. He will be getting Baylor type offers. ORU are losing a lot, and Mills name seems to be floated for a number of jobs, including Texas Tech.

                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by jacksfan29 View Post

                      I get what you are saying, but not one of the players on this year's roster is Baylor. Watching Creighton last night showed why he was valued by so many schools. Never say never, but it feels like we will get another year out of the underclassman on this year's roster. Next year, likely a different story as Zeke could very well be a hot item in the transfer portal.

                      NDSU are in a different boat, they are young, have talent, but Nelson is almost certain to be gone. He will be getting Baylor type offers. ORU are losing a lot, and Mills name seems to be floated for a number of jobs, including Texas Tech.


                      OH YEAH!!! Mills would be ecstatic in the big 12. the distance from KU to the conference tourney in KC is about the same distance that Max can shoot 3 pointers from)))))) go paul go!!! rock chalk jayhawk!!

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by jacksfan29 View Post

                        I get what you are saying, but not one of the players on this year's roster is Baylor. Watching Creighton last night showed why he was valued by so many schools. Never say never, but it feels like we will get another year out of the underclassman on this year's roster. Next year, likely a different story as Zeke could very well be a hot item in the transfer portal.

                        NDSU are in a different boat, they are young, have talent, but Nelson is almost certain to be gone. He will be getting Baylor type offers. ORU are losing a lot, and Mills name seems to be floated for a number of jobs, including Texas Tech.

                        i think more than anythiing it depends what the draft people tell him. i do not think it is automatic that he would go to another school if he decides to stay in college!! he is a ND kid, like Tucker is a SD kid, and he is obviously getting plenty of nba attention exactly where he is at. plus NDSU is not afraid to schedule tough in OOC and the summit will be a better league next year. NOT saying it will be the big east or something, but there were a LOT of young teams this year. i think ORU will still be solid. they will probably get at least one good transfer to go with mcbride and mwamba and phipps could be good with more time.

                        we obviously played a lot of young guys this year who will be more seasoned and ready next year. despite what others think about us being short of talent i think we will look quite a bit better next year. umkc had a bunch of young guys who look like they could be very good. und was pretty much led by a couple freshman.. if tevon smith can stay healthy next year, him and brunner and the 6'6 freshman guard mullins could be the best group of guards in the league

                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by jacksfan29 View Post

                          I get what you are saying, but not one of the players on this year's roster is Baylor. Watching Creighton last night showed why he was valued by so many schools. Never say never, but it feels like we will get another year out of the underclassman on this year's roster. Next year, likely a different story as Zeke could very well be a hot item in the transfer portal.

                          NDSU are in a different boat, they are young, have talent, but Nelson is almost certain to be gone. He will be getting Baylor type offers. ORU are losing a lot, and Mills name seems to be floated for a number of jobs, including Texas Tech.
                          one thing about Baylor and i think this is very important!! if Creighton was not his first choice (and I DO NOT think it was!!) then he got very fortunate that kentucky, etc... did not give him what he thought he deserved.

                          because Creighton is the absolutely perfect situation for him. if you watch them on offense, it is like he never left brookings! also they have the same plan on rebounding, which continues to allow him to rack up boards. he is a good rebounder!!! i am NOT saying he is not!! but Kulkbrenner does the same thing that our posts do. put a body on the other teams big guys and keep them away from the rebound but going after the rebound themselves is not a priority!! they clear the bigs out and let the guards round up the ball. if baylor was beyond good as a rebounder he would get more O boards but he has never put up almost any!! Charley is a better offensive rebounder than baylor is

                          i am NOT trying to run Baylor down. he is a heck of a player and i wish he was still here and i am happy that he has had an excellent year in omaha!!! but that can be true while it is also true that he landed in a very very good spot for him with a coach who uses nearly identical schemes to what he has already played in for 3 years, and those schemes help to really highlight his strengths while doing a solid job of covering his weaknesses

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by LetsGoRabbits View Post


                            i think more than anythiing it depends what the draft people tell him. i do not think it is automatic that he would go to another school if he decides to stay in college!! he is a ND kid, like Tucker is a SD kid, and he is obviously getting plenty of nba attention exactly where he is at. plus NDSU is not afraid to schedule tough in OOC and the summit will be a better league next year. NOT saying it will be the big east or something, but there were a LOT of young teams this year. i think ORU will still be solid. they will probably get at least one good transfer to go with mcbride and mwamba and phipps could be good with more time.

                            we obviously played a lot of young guys this year who will be more seasoned and ready next year. despite what others think about us being short of talent i think we will look quite a bit better next year. umkc had a bunch of young guys who look like they could be very good. und was pretty much led by a couple freshman.. if tevon smith can stay healthy next year, him and brunner and the 6'6 freshman guard mullins could be the best group of guards in the league
                            But Nelson is no guarantee beyond college and going somewhere getting, say $100k, would be a nice payday … besides what else does he have to prove at NDSU … go to Nebraska or Minnesota play in the B1G and prove that you’re an NBA caliber player.

                            Comment


                            • Jacks should get their hat in the ring to Mason Walters up at Jamestown. He has entered the portal. For a long time, I thought he was better than Grant Nelson in the years prior to this one. Eli King also enters the portal, bet he and his brother Noah will be a package deal somewhere. Winona like Owen?

                              Comment


                              • I am hearing Jacks have reached out to Walters but he is likely UND/NDSU… we shall see. Visits will be taken.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X