GDT: Jackrabbits vs Gaels 5:30pm ESPN2

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GDT: Jackrabbits vs Gaels 5:30pm ESPN2

St Mary was persistent against UNI yesterday overcoming 16 point deficit to win 66-64. The Gaels have a few experienced players, but they also have 9 freshmen/sophomores on the roster. The post players will not become shorter with a junior 6'10" starter and 6'10" freshman reserve. The guard is red shirt senior who scored 19 against the Panthers. The sophomore from Australia shot 4-4 at the charity stripe and picked up 10 rebounds. The head coach is in his 20th year in that post. The Gaels are picked 3rd in the WCC behind Gonzaga and BYU. This should be a competitive game which neither team will be counted out too early in the game. The Jackrabbits continue to show the ability to shoot the ball at a high percentage. Last year ended at 49.1%. Go Jacks!!
    Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Hopefully SDSU can pick up some more OOC games after Iowa State. This is a really fun and deep team, and they deserve a shot against some more top teams

Comment

Crap start, they call them free throws for a reason.

Comment

I can only listen tonight. Shooting like a bunch of monkeys fornicating with a football isn't good. But I am more worried about the lack of defense and rebounding.

Comment

Welp, that half was pretty darn ugly.
          "I think we'll be OK"

Comment

Embarrassing - no energy. We'd be trailing Wayne State with that kind of effort. Hendo better have them come out with their hair on fire.

Comment

At least it sounds like we have them in a little bit of foul trouble. "grasping at straws"?

Comment

The Jacks are pretty much out of time if the don't quit playing like tools.

Comment

Sleep-walked through the first half, and things didn't get any better in the second. It's one thing to play hard and lose, but this wasn't one of those situations.

Comment

That was gross. Looked like we thought we just had to show up to play like we did the prior two nights. Two totally different teams and styles of play. Weird.

Not a horrible 3 days overall considering the competition, 1-2 was probably the most likely outcome with 0-3 certainly possible. Learn from this on to the next.

Comment

Final: Jacks 59, St Mary's 72. Obviously not their night. Noah the only one able to hit a 3 tonight doesn't help. Jacks weren't even getting the bounces or rolls to go their way. Before everyone overreacts, let's not forget St. Mary's is a great team from one of the best non-Power 5 conferences. The WCC has teams that could play in a Power 5 conference every year.
                      Rollin' in my 5.0
                      With my rag-top down so my hair can blow!
                      Nod your head to this Jackrabbits!

Comment

Get to the line apx. twice as much as your opponent but miss half of 'em. Sucks,'eh?

Comment

on to Iowa State...not a good night for the boys but a few days rest and lets see how they respond in Ames

Comment

Makes you wonder if the legs were gone. Free throws missed is a big indicator.

Comment

A terrible start and bad three throw shooting doomed the Jacks in the final game. Overall, however, the Jacks showed a lot of promise in the tourney. A pretty good game against the the eventual tournament champion, a great game against favored Utah State, and a stinker against the Gaels. This is still a deep and talented team. If the team can stay healthy, it could make noise this year.
                              This space for lease.

Comment

Working...
                              X