No announcement yet.

GDT: Jackrabbits vs Coyotes @ Frost Arena Senior Day

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

USD should have like 4 flop warnings now. Unnreal how easy they go down.

If this game comes to shooting free throws to win it we better get back to our average quick.

USD would be the best team in the league if they played as hard against everyone else as they do for us.
    "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Freidel taking over!

Comment

Freidel is something for a true freshman. So aggressive. I love it

Comment

Originally posted by GoJacks2011 View Post
          I really like Newitt and think he's extremely intelligent. Every commentator has a bias. I'm more concerned about the score right now. Anyone else notice Wilson limping more and more towards the end of the first half?
          No denying he's knowledgeable. There's also no denying that his commentary is more skewed than Stemen and Kelly Stewart, and she's a former 'Yote player, not just an alum like Newitt

Comment

Oh no Doug ..

Comment

Originally posted by YanktonJack7 View Post
              Oh no Doug ..
              No ****. The good news we can really wait a couple weeks until we “really” need him.

Comment

A few of you guys must have lost a girlfriend to Brad Newitt or something. I watch nearly every game he covers for both schools and just donÂ’t see what your issue is. He goes on and on about the Jacks constantly.

Obviously the Wilson injury is a looming shadow, but that was some good high-pressure experience for this very young team. Add a bit more on Thursday and hope to have Wilson ready to go when we tip-off in 13 days at the Denny (if not sooner).

Comment

We may have won the battle but might have lost the war depending what happened to Wilson.
                  "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Kudos to both teams and staffs, they would've had every right to blow at those officials today but both kept their composure.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                      A few of you guys must have lost a girlfriend to Brad Newitt or something. I watch nearly every game he covers for both schools and just donÂ’t see what your issue is. He goes on and on about the Jacks constantly.

Obviously the Wilson injury is a looming shadow, but that was some good high-pressure experience for this very young team. Add a bit more on Thursday and hope to have Wilson ready to go when we tip-off in 13 days at the Denny (if not sooner).
                      Haha, not a chance. I'll concede Newitt's inevitably more of a ladies man, and there's been no girlfriend lost by me.

Wish I could ignore the "that call could go either way" when it's in Jacks favor vs. "it's a foul in officials' eyes" in calls against Jacks' opponents he makes at least once a game. Now, in his defense, that could be his strategy to proactively ensure he doesn't seem to favor the Jacks' teams he covers, but again, there's a marked difference between how he and other announcers I've named address foul calls.

Hopefully Wilson's injury isn't severe.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                        Completely agree. He doesn’t bother me one bit. You can tell he knows the game.

Comment

So USD has been pretty bad from deep of late. Anyone think that might be a cumulative effect from the big minutes they’ve been running the starters?

Comment

Great team win. Huge performance from Freidel. He came up big.

I have no knowledge of Wilson's injury...but it looked like a simple ankle sprain... and he wanted to play through it. Looked like he got re-taped at halftime, and came out aggressive.
                            I think he rolled it again, when he fell there late. I don't think it's a long term issue...but it could certainly affect the game Thursday in Fargo.

I watch tons of basketball, and I think we're extremely lucky to have Brad Newitt on Midco. He's really good. I just don't see the favoritism thing. Do you guys watch the other ESPN+ announcers? He's outstanding, in my opinion.

Anyway, great win. Always good to beat the Coyotes, and they have a good team this year. I love it.

Comment

I watched replay on Midco. Newitt did not seem too harsh. If you wanted a rough patch, it should have been the inconsistent calls by the stripes. The shorter heavier guy seemed most confused throughout. Yotes can certainly get hot from the field. Luckily, we kept Umude off the free throw line. 58% by the red team was not a great showing at the stripe. Jackrabbits went 14-16 at line in the last 10 minutes after 3-10 start. Wilson is definitely a warrior. Freidel is only a freshman....nice. How much can this young guy improve? The Frost streak continues and this is the 3rd consecutive regular season Summit title.
                              Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

The refs were terrible but terrible both ways. The forum down south is making fun if us because we boo every call against us. Not true but today we booed a lot cause it was awful. At least our fans get into the game instead of sitting on their hands and hearing echos like in Vermillion. I kept hearing “traveling” from the usd side everytime wilson was making his move. Not sure if it was the bench or a fan.

Comment

Working...
                                X