• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• naters_gonna_nate
    replied
    Re: 2020 Recruits

Originally posted by Jacks-02 View Post
    At the Staters Luncheon today, Coach said that Mfum graduated high school early so he could enroll at semester and then use this as his redshirt year.

Sounded excited about him as a player and said he adds some needed athleticism to the guard position. Said he is a combo guard that can do a lot of things, and he's been happy with how he's shown in practice.

Henderson also confirmed that King de-committed, and that he is excited about having another scholarship available to go shopping. Will be looking to add more athleticism again with that slot.
    Thank you for the update! Appreciate it. I'm excited to have a high ceiling, uber athletic guard to play around with for the next years.

Leave a comment:

• Jacks-02
    replied

Originally posted by naters_gonna_nate View Post
    Any talk or insight about Mfum early enrolling? He is on the bench now with the team every game. I didn't realize he was planning to graduate early.
    At the Staters Luncheon today, Coach said that Mfum graduated high school early so he could enroll at semester and then use this as his redshirt year.

Sounded excited about him as a player and said he adds some needed athleticism to the guard position. Said he is a combo guard that can do a lot of things, and he's been happy with how he's shown in practice.

Henderson also confirmed that King de-committed, and that he is excited about having another scholarship available to go shopping. Will be looking to add more athleticism again with that slot.

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied

Any talk or insight about Mfum early enrolling? He is on the bench now with the team every game. I didn't realize he was planning to graduate early.
    He can practice and is using this as his redshirt year. Tyler interviewed him on the coaches show a week ago. Impressive young man - grew up in Columbus, OH until going to the prep school in Texas because his mother wanted to get him in a better environment. Started playing basketball late, so should have some upside yet to come. This should give him a chance to be ready to step in and contribute next season.

Leave a comment:

• naters_gonna_nate
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MontanaRabbit
    replied

Alou has to get better on defense. If he can do that he will see more minutes.

Leave a comment:

• JACKGUYII
    replied

Originally posted by Jacked_Up View Post
    Alou Dillon has contributed valuable minutes in recent games and he seems to be a happy member of a pretty tight team. I see no reason for him to consider leaving.
    Unless he wants to play more than 5 minutes a game.

Leave a comment:

• Jacked_Up
    replied

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
    I guess they now have another scholarship to play with. I think we will be okay. I wonder if Dillon is also considering transfering.
    Alou Dillon has contributed valuable minutes in recent games and he seems to be a happy member of a pretty tight team. I see no reason for him to consider leaving.

Leave a comment:

• JACKGUYII
    replied

I guess they now have another scholarship to play with. I think we will be okay. I wonder if Dillon is also considering transfering.

Leave a comment:

• 2002jack
    replied

No surprise there. His brother and Hendo are not on the same page.

Leave a comment:

• salemjack
    replied

Source:
    https://twitter.com/ryanjamesmn/stat...970717185?s=21

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• salemjack
    replied

Noah King has decommitted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• MNJack3
    replied

Looks like they've signed! Twitter account tweeted it out tonight. Is Mfum going to be slightly taller Tevin King 2.0? That would be wonderful.
    One can hope, right? Do we know if either or both William & Noah are true PG's? Their descriptions in the GoJacks write-up leaves quite a bit to the imagination on what type of guards they are. Hendo is quoted in saying that William is "Electric in the Open Floor" so my guess is he's more likely a PG. With Mims yet to play meaningful minutes and King nothing more than a quick spell, the PG Spot is concerning next year. Don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan of Key, but he's not an All-League guard so seeing that he's played basically every meaningful minute at the position leads me to believe we don't have a replacement on the current roster. Any insight on our signees would be much appreciated!

Leave a comment:

• naters_gonna_nate
    replied

Originally posted by Kemo View Post
    I have found nothing on the interwebs that would indicate that Noah King and/or Will Mfum have signed yet.
    Looks like they've signed! Twitter account tweeted it out tonight. Is Mfum going to be slightly taller Tevin King 2.0? That would be wonderful.

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied

Originally posted by Rabbit74 View Post
    Wednesday, Nov. 13th is the early national letter of intent signing day for basketball. Do we expect anyone to sign in addition to verbal commits William Mfum and Noah King?
    I believe the Jacks only have two scholarships available. We are currently at 12, which is one short of the limit. Plus Brandon Key is the only graduating senior.

Leave a comment:

• Kemo
    replied

Originally posted by Hip2daHop View Post
    Signing Day -- Any other news?
    I have found nothing on the interwebs that would indicate that Noah King and/or Will Mfum have signed yet.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X