• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jacked_Up
    replied
    Originally posted by NWHSUandSDSU View Post
    Luke Appel has committed to SDSU
    Thanks for the news. He's 6-8, 235. Averaged about 16 points and 8 rebounds per game. The Jacks should be deep and loaded next season! And there are more recruits to come.

Leave a comment:

• naters_gonna_nate
    replied
    Nice! Great news. Anyone have a good scouting report on Appel?

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied
    Great news - makes up for the loss of Dillon. With the JUCO experience he should be able to provide some help right away. Jacks certainly had an advantage with both his former coach and teammate in Brookings.

Leave a comment:

• NWHSUandSDSU
    replied

Leave a comment:

• Hip2daHop
    replied
    I'm watching the Kirkwood player also.. Luke Appel. He has offers from Illinois St and USeD. Given his former coach with us hoping that might sway. Appears to be a stretch 4. Regional XI co-MVP

Leave a comment:

• OldHare
    replied
    There is a spot on the scholarships for Brandon Key's spot. There is at least 1 offer I saw on Twitter a few weeks ago out there for another young man from Kirkwood CC. I see that is where Owen Coburn landed where he played a bit over 8 minutes per game. I do not check the transfer portal to know when or if any Jackrabbit players intend to move. The current virus situation may have many things jumbled and/or delayed.

Leave a comment:

• BTownJack
    replied
    Originally posted by bigticket1 View Post

One never knows when a bench player might suddenly make a contribution. At about this point of the season two years ago, Brandon Key was getting little playing time and some posters questioned his attitude and thought he was pouting on the bench. One month later he played a big part in winning the Summit championship and in the NCAA opening round game.
    Megan Bultsma for the women's team is a prime example of this. No one would have guessed she would have been able to provide the very quality minutes she has this year.

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied
    Originally posted by da_coach View Post
    BTW. for whatever this is worth... Owen has been cheering for his teammates on the bench, and the one game where everyone was in foul trouble he came in and provided solid minutes.

So, regardless what his future holds, I give him respect for continuing to support his current teammates.
    One never knows when a bench player might suddenly make a contribution. At about this point of the season two years ago, Brandon Key was getting little playing time and some posters questioned his attitude and thought he was pouting on the bench. One month later he played a big part in winning the Summit championship and in the NCAA opening round game.

Leave a comment:

• JACKGUYII
    replied
    BTW. for whatever this is worth... Owen has been cheering for his teammates on the bench, and the one game where everyone was in foul trouble he came in and provided solid minutes.

So, regardless what his future holds, I give him respect for continuing to support his current teammates.
    Definitely have noticed his support for his teammates. Shows a lot about his character!

Leave a comment:

• OldHare
    replied

And that is the rest of the story.. Also, this is fact about a current teammate.

Leave a comment:

• da_coach
    replied

Leave a comment:

• MNJack3
    replied
    Originally posted by OldHare View Post

Hmmmm, not in the rotation logic. Ok, I am convinced now. Thanks for the help.
    Add in that Hendo has extended offers to 2 JUCO's (Mitchell & Appel) that would fall into the same class as Owen suggested to me Owen's finishing out the year and then will go elsewhere. It's almost predictable in this era of college hoops who will transfer, because no team is immune to it.

Leave a comment:

• blue?
    replied
    I don't recall seeing any public statement made by Owen or the program but rather conjecture a given his limited minutes and his brother de-committing. To be fair to him we should probably all stop commenting on it until anything is ever actually announced.

In the meantime, let's just all agree that MNJack3 was throwing our current backcourt (pg, sg, sf) under the bus while wishing for the kid from Omaha... (sarcasm font MNJack, let's be friends).

Leave a comment:

• bigticket1
    replied
    Originally posted by goon View Post
    I thought it was posted somewhere Owen was going to transfer or maybe not not made public yet. I dont remember.
    There's been lots of speculation, but I doubt he (or any player) would go on the record that they are transferring while still on the active roster.

Leave a comment:

• goon
    replied
    I thought it was posted somewhere Owen was going to transfer or maybe not not made public yet. I dont remember.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X