2019-20 Men's Roster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2019-20 Men's Roster

Oh well...if he recommits here or he doesn't we will still have a pretty talented team. And I think that the Jacks have a pretty decent history of having players that weren't highly recruited turn into stars.

I have a hard time getting too bent out of shape when we don't even know how the kid will pan out at the next level.
    -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

I think this is one reason zim doesn't get to bent on covering recruits. Kids change their minds and hard to know who will pan out.
      Last edited by goon; 03-30-2019, 07:29 AM.
      "The most rewarding things you do in life, are often the ones that look like they cannot be done.” Arnold Palmer

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things.

Comment

Sorry to hear Grill decommitted. He could not buy beer in SD or Kansas, so he is a very young man. Hopefully he recommits to SDSU.

Comment

The sun came up this morning. I think we will be fine

Comment

Originally posted by mitchellrabbit View Post
            The sun came up this morning. I think we will be fine
            Yes I agree.

Comment

Unfortunately, I don't believe this will be the end of the roster departures.

Comment

Originally posted by JACKGUYII View Post
                Unfortunately, I don't believe this will be the end of the roster departures.
                I suppose you just might know something we dont. If they are excited about Henderson being the next coach, you would think most of these guys will stay put.

Comment

I really thank daum for staying. He could have went the same route as Matt to Texas tech and been playing deep in the tournament. I do think this run hurts us with DJJR. I think it would be dumb for him to go to Vegas but he could go to almost any school in the country.

Comment

Originally posted by jacksstudent View Post
                    I really thank daum for staying. He could have went the same route as Matt to Texas tech and been playing deep in the tournament. I do think this run hurts us with DJJR. I think it would be dumb for him to go to Vegas but he could go to almost any school in the country.
                    I was thinking the same thing about the Mooney deal last night - good for him but it's certainly going to put even more stars in the eyes of upper-level mid-major players like DJJ. His complete (Twitter) silence about all things SDSU since March 20 should have all of us very concerned about his plans. This transfer and coaching change stuff gets more and more frustrating every year. I can see it eventually leading to apathy as a fan if it continues at the rate it has been going the last 3 or 4 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Southeast View Post
                      I was thinking the same thing about the Mooney deal last night - good for him but it's certainly going to put even more stars in the eyes of upper-level mid-major players like DJJ. His complete (Twitter) silence about all things SDSU since March 20 should have all of us very concerned about his plans. This transfer and coaching change stuff gets more and more frustrating every year. I can see it eventually leading to apathy as a fan if it continues at the rate it has been going the last 3 or 4 years.
                      I agree. One of the things I really enjoy about college b-ball is watching players develop over 4 years. Four year players are almost non-existent at the P5 level and even at our level players are leaving at a rate we’ve never seen before.

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaRabbit View Post
                        I agree. One of the things I really enjoy about college b-ball is watching players develop over 4 years. Four year players are almost non-existent at the P5 level and even at our level players are leaving at a rate we’ve never seen before.
                        Its going to kill interest in mid-majors if they are simply a minor league development program.

Comment

It's clear Mooney made the right decision, and if I ignore the homer in me, I'd say Daum missed a pretty big opportunity.
                          Originally posted by JackFan96
                          Well, I don't get to sit in Mom's basement and watch sports all day

Comment

Originally posted by RabbitObsessed View Post
                            It's clear Mooney made the right decision, and if I ignore the homer in me, I'd say Daum missed a pretty big opportunity.
                            Agreed

Comment

Mike Daum will go down as an All time great. He will come back to Brookings and be a hero for years to come. Mooney will be forgotten by both Texas Tech and USD.

Comment

Originally posted by LakeJack View Post
                                Mike Daum will go down as an All time great. He will come back to Brookings and be a hero for years to come. Mooney will be forgotten by both Texas Tech and USD.
                                Mooney has been the only thing for USD to cheer about this year on their mens team. Thet feel like they are in the final four

Comment

Working...
                                X