2019-20 Men's Roster

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 2019-20 Men's Roster

Continuing the trend of creepily dissecting social media activity.

https://twitter.com/grillfamilyof5/s...291149312?s=21

Context (tweet before)
    https://twitter.com/sodakskinnyfat/s...151606784?s=21

Looks like momma Grill seems to be on board.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Rabbit74 View Post
      Grill no longer has his commitment statement to SDSU on his twitter account and the most recent tweet from his mom is about TJ going to UNLV. At this point the other two loi recruits still have SDSU at the top of their page. Wilson doesn't seem to have a twitter account
      He does, see the link. Nothing new today, but still has "South Dakota State Basketball" in his bio.

https://twitter.com/xxdouglasjrxx/st...519716864?s=21

Comment

I don't use twitter, but it is a little creepy to be following a prospects mom that closely. No matter what happens it will shake out in the end. Grill is not the end all be all for this team.

Comment

Originally posted by JacksFTW View Post
          I don't use twitter, but it is a little creepy to be following a prospects mom that closely. No matter what happens it will shake out in the end. Grill is not the end all be all for this team.
          If I were in his position and knew there were a bunch of old guys hanging on his every tweet, I would have a little more fun with it. Good thing I was a mediocre athlete who didn't enjoy practice...oh and I grew up about 20 years before social media. ha
          -South Dakotan by birth, a Jackrabbit by choice.

Comment

Originally posted by JacksFTW View Post
            Is it though? It's a public social media platform where people put stuff out there for everyone to see. It's not like we're sitting outside their house spying on her 'something about mary' style with a long range microphone and binoculars.

Comment

Originally posted by CappinHard View Post
              Is it though? It's a public social media platform where people put stuff out there for everyone to see. It's not like we're sitting outside their house spying on her 'something about mary' style with a long range microphone and binoculars.

Just my opinion, you know what people say about those, haha

Comment

https://www.midcosn.com/blog/2019/03...elberger-exit/

Biggest takeaway: "Midco Sports Network’s Elaina Lanson asked Jenkins for comment on Thursday morning. “He says he is on the (SDSU) team and has made no decision to leave,” she said."

Comment

https://twitter.com/caleb_grill0/sta...840338944?s=21

Comment

Why does my sweet 16 night have to get ruined😩

Comment

Originally posted by salemjack View Post
                      Well, ****. I would love to bust out with a ton more expletives about this whole deal, but, it won't change crap. Maybe in 4 years we will be happy we didn't get him?

Comment

This sucks massively. Completely blows up the ceiling of the team next year. Like completely sucks. I don’t have hard feelings against Grill or blame him, but for us it’s a horrible loss.

Comment

https://maizenews.com/14468/sports/b...-dakota-state/

I would bet money that he follows TJ to UNLV, even though he said SDSU is still in the running.

Comment

You make your commitment to the school, not the coach. What SDSU sucks now be cause the coach left.

Comment

Originally posted by SturgisJeff View Post
                              You make your commitment to the school, not the coach. What SDSU sucks now be cause the coach left.
                              It's not uncommon, unfortunately.

However, was encouraged he said SDSU wasn't out of the running. He said it was a short list. Hopefully his incoming classmates Coburn and Scheierman can persuade him to come back still. They seem to be pretty close. They took pictures together at at FB game this fall, and at an AAU tournament last summer?
                              (I know, I'm probably reaching... but I"m not going to attack the kid... it's his right to do what he's doing.)

Comment

Originally posted by da_coach View Post
                                It's not uncommon, unfortunately.

However, was encouraged he said SDSU wasn't out of the running. He said it was a short list. Hopefully his incoming classmates Coburn and Scheierman can persuade him to come back still. They seem to be pretty close. They took pictures together at at FB game this fall, and at an AAU tournament last summer?
                                (I know, I'm probably reaching... but I"m not going to attack the kid... it's his right to do what he's doing.)
                                If he would decide to attend SDSU or any other school, it would give more weight to TJ statement to the team about staying with their committment. If he goes to UNLV, then I might scratch my head about the speech that was made public.
                                Best to remember these are kids and they are doing everything they can to entertain us, be scholars, and all in all be great humans. Jackedforlife

Comment

Working...
                                X