• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• da_coach
    replied
    Re: 2019-20 Men's Roster

Originally posted by GopherHole View Post
    With the addition of Noah Freidel, I'm curious where we are with the lineup? I think what we see in December will be vastly different than what we see come late February.

PG O King - Mims - Brown - Schierman
    SG Buchanan - probably Mims/King/Schierman/Freidel rotation.
    SF Ariens - Wilson/Scheierman
    PF Wilson/Dillon - Fiegen
    C Dentlinger/Dillon - Coburn

I've added Schierman to the point guard mix. He's big, but when we first recruited him it was as a point guard who could shoot from deep. He's grown since then and has developed the ability to finish at the rim. He's a phenomenal passer and I think he eventually ends up at point for us. He may not be as quick for defending some of the quick guards, but he'd cause tons of mismatches with the variety of skills and the extreme length.
    You could very well be right.
    I'm thinking it could look like this: (I've changed my thinking a little)

PG O King - Mims - Brown
    SG Buchanan - Freidel
    SF Ariens - Scheierman
    PF Wilson - Fiegen
    C Dentlinger/Dillon - Coburn

Still room for 1 more! DJJ will probably go, and I expect Grill is gone with the offers he has gathered. That means, I'm looking for a Grad Transfer type. Could use another Senior to help balance out the roster. A Senior PG (if they think Owen isn't ready) or a 3/4 type (kind of like Wilson...but maybe more of a stretch 4.. shooter type) would be good...bring some balance to the roster.

Leave a comment:

• BTownJack
    replied

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
    If they are going to penalize these grad transfer kids and the schools that they go to, then we better take away scholarships from schools that have students leave early. At least the grad transfers finished one degree.

How would Kentucky/Duke/Kansas enjoy losing 3 years worth of scholarships for every freshman that declares for the NBA?
    Minus the one-and-dones, this is controlled by the APR rules.

Leave a comment:

• SoDakJack
    replied

Originally posted by BTownJack View Post
    Or maybe he wasn't and that is why he's leading the committee in charge of changing the rule? That doesn't happen overnight. And still no guarantee it is going to happen. It will eventually go to a vote.
    If they are going to penalize these grad transfer kids and the schools that they go to, then we better take away scholarships from schools that have students leave early. At least the grad transfers finished one degree.

How would Kentucky/Duke/Kansas enjoy losing 3 years worth of scholarships for every freshman that declares for the NBA?

Leave a comment:

• GopherHole
    replied

Originally posted by Roy View Post
    Any red shirts in the freshman class?
    Coburn would benefit from a year of practice and bulking up. It would be nice if one of the two guards could redshirt. While Freidel may be more athletic, I suspect that the flexibility that Baylor Scheierman brings may be of value for this next season.

Just because we redshirt an individual does not mean we think one individual is better than another individual. In 2014, we redshirted Daum and played Ian Theisen. I don't think anyone can argue that Theisen was a better player at that time. His body was just more mature for banging inside that season and met a specific need.

Leave a comment:

• BTownJack
    replied

Originally posted by SoDakJack View Post
    Yep. And Sell seemed pretty ok with them maybe not getting their degrees back then.
    Or maybe he wasn't and that is why he's leading the committee in charge of changing the rule? That doesn't happen overnight. And still no guarantee it is going to happen. It will eventually go to a vote.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X